• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, time to return to my day job of posting
XENO JRPG VS MU CHARTS

Xeno_Matchups_-_Version_5.5.png

- You'll notice that Ziggy's MUs have been completely overhauled (Ironwood moving under Egil's MUs now). IMO, Strength (Yuu Koutari) from Black Rock Shooter is his best MU, between the big fists (obviously) and the fact that she lost her family in a burning home being seen as similar to Jan Sauer losing his wife and son to Voyager. Yuito from Scarlet Nexus is a good Honorable mention because of the transhumanist undertones, and his near miss to the others in Scarlet Nexus. Kratos is literally there because of the whole 'dead wife and kid' thing, but I've never actually played God of War, so I can't say much else other than 'he's here because Voyager vs Ares exists'.

- Billy Lee Black also has proper MUs to speak of, those being Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts) and Johnathan (SMTIV). Both being morally questionable spins on a religion or spiritual group / organisation of varying consequence (at least, XIII sort of is), with Xigbar pulling out slightly ahead because he actually has firearms to speak of. Bayonetta is also of mention, but if she's running back anyone, she'll probably end up with that before Billy.

- Jin Uzuki's MUs (Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan) and Cobalion (Pokemon BW)) I'm not overly sure of at this current time (be it a statstomp or loose connections). I asked Enel, but he drew up as much of a blank as I did, so look up characters that:
A) have a strained relationship with siblings
B) are ex-military samurai (or take cues from such)
C) are around 3-C+
D) have scatterbrained hobbies (Jin switching professions every 6 months is literally a meme in Saga II)
E) end up dying at the end of their arc

And tell me if any of that sounds familiar.

- Cannan vs Hawks [MHA] (the latter being moved from Mikhail's spot) is kind of a recent one I dug out for prosperity's sake. If you've seen MHA's latest episode, I think you should know what I'm getting at.

- KOS-MOS I mentioned @JoshDoshMosh's idea regarding Aleph, even though I've never played SMTII, and probably won't be able to get to it. Ah well, someone had to go in KOS-MOS's spot. I'm doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to what is basically the rest of the Xenosaga verse anyway.

Oh and Violet Evergarden is there because of thematic links. Yes, I'm aware of how much of a stomp it is, shut up.
Pigeon.png

- Mog I put back in Riki's spot after accidentally getting rid of him for Donald. Oops.

And on that bombshell, it's time to end (for now). Goodnight!

Last edited:
Welp, time to return to my day job of posting
XENO JRPG VS MU CHARTS

Xeno_Matchups_-_Version_5.5.png

- You'll notice that Ziggy's MUs have been completely overhauled (Ironwood moving under Egil's MUs now). IMO, Strength (Yuu Koutari) from Black Rock Shooter is his best MU, between the big fists (obviously) and the fact that she lost her family in a burning home being seen as similar to Jan Sauer losing his wife and son to Voyager. Yuito from Scarlet Nexus is a good Honorable mention because of the transhumanist undertones, and his near miss to the others in Scarlet Nexus. Kratos is literally there because of the whole 'dead wife and kid' thing, but I've never actually played God of War, so I can't say much else other than 'he's here because Voyager vs Ares exists'.

- Billy Lee Black also has proper MUs to speak of, those being Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts) and Johnathan (SMTIV). Both being morally questionable spins on a religion or spiritual group / organisation of varying consequence (at least, XIII sort of is), with Xigbar pulling out slightly ahead because he actually has firearms to speak of. Bayonetta is also of mention, but if she's running back anyone, she'll probably end up with that before Billy.

- Jin Uzuki's MUs (Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan) and Cobalion (Pokemon BW)) I'm not overly sure of at this current time (be it a statstomp or loose connections). I asked Enel, but he drew up as much of a blank as I did, so look up characters that:
A) have a strained relaitonship with siblings
B) are ex-military samurai (or take cues from such)
C) are around 3-C+
D) have scatterbrained hobbies (Jin switching professions every 6 months is literally a meme in Saga II)
E) end up dying at the end of their arc

And tell me if any of that sounds familiar.

- Cannan vs Hawks [MHA] (the latter being moved from Mikhail's spot) is kind of a recent one I dug out for prosperity's sake. If you've seen MHA's latest episode, I think you should know what I'm getting at.

- KOS-MOS I mentioned @JoshDoshMosh's idea regarding Aleph, even though I've never played SMTII, and probably won't be able to get to it. Ah well, someone had to go in KOS-MOS's spot. I'm doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to what is basically the rest of the Xenosaga verse anyway.

Oh and Violet Evergarden is there because of thematic links. Yes, I'm aware of how much of a stomp it is, shut up.
Pigeon.png

- Mog I put back in Riki's spot after accidentally getting rid of him for Donald. Oops.

And on that bombshell, it's time to end (for now). Goodnight!

Runs into room, panting
Takes moment to breathe

DID SOMEBODY SAY ************' MII SWORDFIGHER?!

Not really my idea, it’s @Jasonsith’s
Oh, I see. Well, the both of you have bought it up equally as many times iirc

Pretty sure Xbox Avatars get clapped by the Mii Fighters.

Scaling custom characters like this is like scaling Vocaloid characters. Anyone can make any scenario, and the next thing you know: "boom, 2-A Miku".

Speaking of which, what are the Miis and Avatars put at, anyway?

Arguably but he doesn't need given DS is only 7,000c compared to SS Quintillion Cs
Silver Surfer cureent form is Multiversal
Silver-Surfer-Black-King-in-Black.jpg
Ah, fair enough then. SS curbstomps. I didn't have much faith in the guy's video given the horrible misuse of higher dimensionality present in the video, but I suppose SS is the proper winner. Who would make a good opponent for either then?

Thor is Large Island Level.
Not the only one bud

Not really my idea, it’s @Jasonsith’s
Technically I mostly care about Aleph vs KOS-MOS and keep Mega Man X from dying to her.
Also I touched that a long time ago so... Yeah.

Ah, fair enough then. SS curbstomps. I didn't have much faith in the guy's video given the horrible misuse of higher dimensionality present in the video, but I suppose SS is the proper winner. Who would make a good opponent for either then?
Well this is a spite - at least it feeds Marvel fans a win and brings a new verse(?) in. Bastard!!

I saw he commented that he's interested in Osmosis Jones vs White Blood Cell U-1146.
Good for one good below average human tier community death battle.

But can they raise a quick voting poll and construct a good debate for the associated Unscripted Death Battle at Death Battle Cast?

My friend who likes the Binding of Issac would give the lore an understandability rating of 7 or 8 (1 being an individual Mario game on it's own and 10 being what Death Battle acted like BlazBlue was in Ragna vs Sol).

Basically, it's almost impossible to find all the lore in a reasonable amount of time without cheating, and the last DLC may or may not have retconned all of it.

Also, Binding of Issac's subject matter may be a bit much for DB. NGL it's a bit much even for me.

y friend who likes the Binding of Issac would give the lore an understandability rating of 7 or 8 (1 being an individual Mario game on it's own and 10 being what Death Battle acted like BlazBlue was in Ragna vs Sol).

Basically, it's almost impossible to find all the lore in a reasonable amount of time without cheating, and the last DLC may or may not have retconned all of it.
Fair and also, the last DLC did kinda retcon things
But I don’t wanna get too into and spoil it for anyone
Also, Binding of Issac's subject matter may be a bit much for DB. NGL it's a bit much even for me.
And yeah, tbh, Isaac has a subject matter they probably would want to tread lightly with
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Screw it, Isaac battle royale. who is the strongest Isaac? Who is the only person truly deserving of the title?

Something I think Death Battle has over a lot of other sprite animations is that it dosn't try to be too fast. Even in early seasons it did this really well.

In other versus animations, it sometimes feels like the attacks are so incredibly fast that there's no time for the impact to sink in at all. It feels like they're trying to animate every character like a speedster. It just feels like they're trying to use speed to make up for mediocre or bad choreography.

Something I think Death Battle has over a lot of other sprite animations is that it dosn't try to be too fast. Even in early seasons it did this really well.

In other versus animations, it sometimes feels like the attacks are so incredibly fast that there's no time for the impact to sink in at all. It feels like they're trying to animate every character like a speedster. It just feels like they're trying to use speed to make up for mediocre or bad choreography.
To an extent yes. Another problem with being too fast is that sometimes it creates wrong feeling presentation of characters.

I know its early season and its also partially why S1 research was bad, but making a fight where characters abilities bounce between each other is a lot of fun. I think that's partially why some S1 animations don't feel nearly as bad as they could.

With that said some episodes are too slow. IF vs Po was disappointing in fight choreography.

Yeah some Sprite fights will act like it's DBZ with the characters who don't operate like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back