• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to think, is MvS2 the worst DB? Probably not.

After watching Nemesis review of GvS2, I def think its that. He gave it a 5/10 but good lord the points he made with DB completely dissing Supes is awful. Beyond awful. The only thing remotely close to that levels of bad is pure bias, aka Yang vs Tifa & Guts vs Nightmare. And sure animation wise GvS2 is merely mediocre. But fights aren't the only thing and not even analysis in these rare cases. Its expectations. It was 50th episode, a big rematch of THE FIGHT and they dropped the ball hard. This is why MvS2 sucks, ep 100, a legendary rematch, debut of Wiz & BS was wasted on MvS2. Thats why even if there are worse fights, as a complete packages MvS2 & GvS2 are duds, with latter being even more insulting.

I was being really fair with MvS2 ranking because its animation isn't the worst, but its research is on level of Toph vs Gaara and it wasted potential just as bad as Bowser vs Ganon & Mewtwo vs Shadow... well almost. And its analysis is practically as fundementally bad as 18 vs Carol & Lucario vs Renamon (which technically has bad research but no one cares).

The point is, MvS2 is not the worst, but its arguably really close.

@TMaakkonen I too agree, GvS2 its argumentatively the worst episode of the entire series, while the animated fight was kinda ok for the most part, the analysis for both Supes and Goku are beyond revolting.

The first time i watched the episode i was simply annoyed by how it stereotype Supes as too overpower and how much he is boring/uninspiring because of this (when neither things are true), but only after rethink it much late i realized how much Supes had be badmouthed, this is the worst case of character assassination the show even did across the entire series, i cannot find any other characters before or after that had be treated as bad as Supes (even Shadow the Hedgehog had be treated better), Nemesis was absolutely right about that.

And its not like Goku got a better treatment, they didn't try re-analyze him or bring anything new (like apply powerscaling), hell they didn't even use the stats they used in the original episode and argue why they are still correct (despire the fact that they have been proven to be inaccurate), they just say that Goku never its going to beat Superman, and the worst part its how they condescending praise Goku as a great character (while ******** on Superman) in a pathetic attempt to appease the Dragon Ball fans they knew they were going to piss off with their shitty research.

Last edited:
"Think about it, if you had a Goku that was as powerful as Superman, would you even want him?"

That is funny when DB Super is more relevant than Superman has ever been since he died.

Well, I guess technically he might have been more relevant with Batman v Superman... for different reasons.

But like yeah, no one cares about Superman. And they still have that evil Superman phase still being decently big thing as well. And that kinda sucks.

Besides what was mentioned how Goku was treated in the fight made it worse
He was getting his ass kicked for the majority of the fight and treated like a dog needed to put down a far cry from his performance from the original
Superman barely taking him remotely seriously and no sold his Kamehameha just made it worse alongside Goku getting put down like a bitch
Even Ben regrets doing the episode

GvS2 is practically why folks warmed up to another fight between them mainly because it deserved a much better send off than it got and deserves better

GvS2 is also said to have been Director's cut until they wanted to market it as sequel. And as table scraps of GvS1 it shows. Even the TFS-esque condescending ending clip suuucks.

...But its not all bad. The real original version had them attempt to add live action section. That was cut from YT. And maaaaan they tried. Early DB had heart even at its absolute most bottom moment.

Its honestly impressive everyone mostly moved on from GvS2.

Its honestly impressive everyone mostly moved on from GvS2.
I mean it was wrong in how it handle things and there were other fights that they botched that got folks focusing on
That and they have gotten Better.

Regardless I don't feel like continuing on DB **** ups from the past cause God knows it's alot. It's Moreso better to focus on the present and hope they continue to improve

Oh we’re ******** on the worst episode in the show? Good, **** MvS2

image0.png
It's not even close to being the worst episode.

Not accurate with its showings? We’re still talking about the sword that is constantly used to cut through space almost every time it is seen on screen?

Doesn’t matter what they have the stats at now, it’s what they were back then. Given what both of them had, it makes no sense for Sephiroth to have won.

Honestly, on the topic of Mario, I know it's brought up a lot but I hope 4-A doesn't get removed. I literally see nothing wrong with it.
Cell - okay but why though.mp4

Shake King feat inflated end being used
It's not even close to being the worst episode.
tbh that calculation was accepted back then

(And that means King Dedede stomps Wario harder without better feats being tapped into. ... Which leads to: which Kirby character will die first in a Death Battle?)

... Dunno how it goes but how do you think about Terrormisu vs Quinella?

And anyone already bringing up the DMC massive downgrade CRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back