• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my-image.png
Found this on Reddit
gxlub2q5hic71.jpg
Let it be said right now that for Simon's MUs in Death Battle: I am currently playing through Xenogears, and I may or may not have just snuffed out another (possibly better) mech-based MU for him.

I'll keep in touch. Stay tuned.

Where is the post explaining why Zoom vs Goku Black is bad?
  • It's a massive shitstomp in Zoom's favor, to the point it's not even funny. It makes episodes like Crash vs Spyro, Ultron vs Sigma, Mega Man Battle Royale, Genos vs War Machine, Goro vs Machamp, Shadow vs Ryuko, etc... look like the closest episodes in Death Battle history. How much of a stomp they said Goku vs Superman 2 was isn't even close to how much of a stomp this would be. And for DC comics, the one series that needs a free win the least.
  • The banter potential isn't nearly as good as it may seem. While Black and Thawne are great personality wise, the main things that make them great really don't really apply when talking too each other. Thawne wouldn't give a flying **** about Black's god complex, while Black wouldn't give a flying **** about Thawne's sass. A conversation between the would less be two people talking to each other and more two people talking to themselves.
  • Animation potential is outright bad. The main thing that separates Thawne from Barry and Wally is that he likes to use his hax. And literally any of his hax one shots Black. Meaning if you want the animation to last any time at all, Thawne would need to act outright out of character. Not to mention, the entire animation would just be Thawne dodging Black's everything, and then going "Not bad kiddo you've forced me to use 0.1% of my power" on Black and one shot him. This animation basically shows how the fight would go. Just imagine better sprite quality, puppet animation and an extra two minutes. You have a death battle animation for this fight. Not to mention, Thawne is forced to fight on the ground with his fists, while Black fights in the air with energy weapons and projectiles, which is really bad for choreography.
  • Black/Zamasu have way better options. Omega from Mega Man Zero is basically the same character but without the Time Travel, while Goetia is just the same character period (Plus he'll be getting significantly more footage to work with by the end of the month). Thawne admittedly probably has Terumi as his next best matchup. Except Terumi has Sinestro. Thawne kinda has a universal issue of all his good matchups having better fights. Though I'd personally take Terumi vs Reverse-Flash over Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash any day.

Animation potential is outright bad. The main thing that separates Thawne from Barry and Wally is that he likes to use his hax. And literally any of his hax one shots Black. Meaning if you want the animation to last any time at all, Thawne would need to act outright out of character. Not to mention, the entire animation would just be Thawne dodging Black's everything, and then going "Not bad kiddo you've forced me to use 0.1% of my power" on Black and one shot him. This animation basically shows how the fight would go. Just imagine better sprite quality, puppet animation and an extra two minutes. You have a death battle animation for this fight. Not to mention, Thawne is forced to fight on the ground with his fists, while Black fights in the air with energy weapons and projectiles, which is really bad for choreography.
sorry but this is wrong and I disagree heavily
DB had tons of fight that wouldn't even last a second last as long as they want especially when they stated Animaton =/=Fight would actually go
another thing you claim Thawne being on the ground limits him where it doesn't really especially when Black can get up close n personal in terms of choreography

Black/Zamasu have way better options. Omega from Mega Man Zero is basically the same character but without the Time Travel, while Goetia is just the same character period (Plus he'll be getting significantly more footage to work with by the end of the month). Thawne admittedly probably has Terumi as his next best matchup. Except Terumi has Sinestro. Thawne kinda has a universal issue of all his good matchups having better fights. Though I'd personally take Terumi vs Reverse-Flash over Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash any day
all right lets point this out
Omega isn't something brag about in terms of Animation Potential especially where suffers the same issue as RF being a ground based Opponent in comparison to Black and the only thing he has that has him better is his sword and abilities' being a bit to playoff of Black
Goetia being another better Alt is subjective especially where DB don't even have a good idea they can work him in a fight

Omega isn't something brag about in terms of Animation Potential especially where suffers the same issue as RF being a ground based Opponent in comparison to Black and the only thing he has that has him better is his sword and abilities' being a bit to playoff of Black
At least Omega plays off Black's abilities at all, unlike Thawne.
Goetia being another better Alt is subjective especially where DB don't even have a good idea they can work him in a fight
He's getting a movie on the 31st. He'll have a lot more to work with. Plus, Goetia's combat strategy in the game meshes well with Dragon Ball, considering his attacks are laser spam, rapid punches, giant **** off lasers, even more giant **** off lasers, giant **** off laser spam, and buffing skills he can use during Zamasu's transformation sequences.

Not to mention Goetia is objectively better in terms of connections with Zamasu, considering he has everything Thawne has and more.

The animation you showed had Black moving way too fast, ideally his attacks would be slower to give them some amount of time to sink in and to show off the power and speed difference between the two. Combine that with the fact that you'd need to slow down the action for the dialogue potential people speak so highly of, and an actual 3 minute Death Battle animation wouldn't be able to be nearly this good.

What is this? Like (1) comic issue and chapter thx? (2) who at which state are in the scene? This alone should change the current standings of Magneto.
Magneto vs Magneton / Magnezone when? & funny thing is the Pokémon may actually win no it still gets wrecked by hax.
... That's from Secret wars, one of the most famous marvel story arc ever. Also in the same event magneto is state by WOG to be stronger then a storm that created two shehulk tier characters.

He's getting a movie on the 31st. He'll have a lot more to work with. Plus, Goetia's combat strategy in the game meshes well with Dragon Ball, considering his attacks are laser spam, rapid punches, giant **** off lasers, even more giant **** off lasers, giant **** off laser spam, and buffing skills he can use during Zamasu's transformation sequences.
unless i see footage of this and especially since i went and look for it im not buying Goetia being all that great in terms of Animation potential
and face it Goetia chances of getting in DB are low as shit
Also, Tipper, you're the one who thought Magneto vs a generic DC character was better than Magneto vs Zonda, so your opinion dosn't count.
bruh when did i ever said that where i don't even like Polaris vs Magneto

unless i see footage of this and especially since i went and look for it im not buying Goetia being all that great in terms of Animation potential
and face it Goetia chances of getting in DB are low as shit
"Oh no, his arguments are better than mine and his matchup is actually better! Let me attack the character he's using!"

THEY USED LUCY AND GUTS.
bruh when did i ever said that where i don't even like Polaris vs Magneto
You like it more than Magneto vs Zonda, evidently. You put Polaris on "Fine" and Zonda on "Meh" alongside ******* Megatron, Count Dooku and Mewtwo. Zonda. Probably Magneto's most thematic matchup.

Not even sarcastically, **** you.

"Oh no, his arguments are better than mine and his matchup is actually better! Let me attack the character he's using!"
Not really an attack, he’s just saying that there’s not that much source material
THEY USED LUCY AND GUTS.
Guts and Lucy kinda have more stuff to go off of from my knowledge, correct me if I’m wrong

I apologize

Guts and Lucy kinda have more stuff to go off of from my knowledge, correct me if I’m wrong
That's somewhat fair.

However, Guts and Lucy are the main protagonists of their stories, while Goetia is the main antagonist, so he dosn't have as much screentime as the protagonists of his story.

Not to mention, Fate is much more popular than both Berserk and Elfen Lied, and Fate/Grand Order is debatably the most popular part of that. The mobile game alone has 57 million players, not to mention the popularity from the Anime and the rest of the Fate Series.

Not to mention, Fate is much more popular than both Berserk and Elfen Lied, and Fate/Grand Order is debatably the most popular part of that. The mobile game alone has 57 million players, not to mention the popularity from the Anime and the rest of the Fate Series.
Eh, I’m not sure about that, I’ve heard about Berserk and Elfen Lied before I heard about Fate or anything Fate, probably just have been living under a rock though

Eh, I’m not sure about that, I’ve heard about Berserk and Elfen Lied before I heard about Fate or anything Fate, probably just have been living under a rock though
I’d say it depends on your circle, Ellen Lied and Berserk were popular around the 2000/2010’s by more dark and gorey anime fans

Fate is more popular with general anime fans (yes I know it’s a visual novel, doesn’t change a thing)

Ngl, I still want Ben vs Simon, but maybe as a DBX if Death Battle so chooses they don’t want to do it as a main battle
Maybe a Kyle vs Simon (as a Death Battle) to be followed by Ben vs Simon (as a DBX)?

... That's from Secret wars, one of the most famous marvel story arc ever. Also in the same event magneto is state by WOG to be stronger then a storm that created two shehulk tier characters.
E66yc5eWYAAvgrI

Who is the person other than Iron Man and Mister Fantastic (?)?
And which armor is that Iron Man on?

Does Magneto at least compare to the three characters he manages to defeat?

Last edited:
However, Guts and Lucy are the main protagonists of their stories, while Goetia is the main antagonist, so he dosn't have as much screentime as the protagonists of his story.

Also Smashor, I think there’s one other matchup that might work someone suggested awhile ago from FF. I think it was Zephyros, she suggested one but I forgot the name, that could probably work too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back