• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing my take on Shulk's MUs back up:

MU4ShulkDE.png
Whack

Who wins between Shulk and Lightning again?
Very likely Shulk by a large margin by our standard.

And again, this is considered debatable before our big Xenoblade CRT. And it has been in a Community Death Battle before.
And this matchup has been AT LEAST 1 year overdue, possibly far longer.

Bringing my take on Shulk's MUs back up:

MU4ShulkDE.png
But TBH Shulk vs Lightning is still arguably the most debatable (beside Shulk vs Silver)

And who are those so-called the one and alternatives? Why are they there?

Last edited:
But TBH Shulk vs Lightning is still the most debatable (beside Shulk vs Silver)

And who are those so-called the one?

Kirito (SAO): RPG (in and out of verse) protagonist god tiers who have lost friends (ones that technically came back, depending on your frame of reference), and saved worlds with explicit knowledge and commentary of it's creation (bouts w/ Zanza/Klaus and the Beanstalk vs RATH/Cardinal). Also a bit of a legacy MU with a friend of mine of whom we discuss from time to time. Oh, and have my scorecard with the title being the entire impetus for this MU lol:

Monado_Arts_Online_-_Shulk_vs_Kirito_theme_render.png

P.S: Kirito would probably mistake Shulk for Eugeo. Consider that your premise.

Zael (The Last Story): Operation Rainfall legacy MU, of whom these characters are mains. Both are also 'chosen ones' of a respective power (Monado / Outsider) before that power leaves their respective verse. After Naruto vs Ichigo, anything goes tbh.

I heard something about Balrog vs TJ Combo being close af, but I'm into neither game, so I can't verify that claim.

I know Bloodryche did a video on the matter, though.

The crew back then says Balrog vs TJ Combo was close... Until taking into the factor of style crap and limb and drug enhancement.

Nightwing vs Daredevil is one true close battle.
Despite the crew saying Static can oneshot Miles Morales, Static only has a 2 times AP advantage over Miles. Also, technically Mikasa Ackerman can theoretically overpower the aura of Blake Belladonna... Has Blake not been way faster, more skilled and haxxed and are something Mikasa and her ancestors had never faced before.

Oh a super casual Beerus is slightly stronger and more skilled than a serious Galaxia.

3 more days until my boyo eats dirt, WOO! Okay, maybe not . I had little faith in him until his preview showed that Materia and Summons are being considered this time around (here's hoping they do the same for Limit Breaks).

In general, I'm pretty happy that they aren't sticking to the bare basics like the first time and actually mentioning that Link also has tons of items and abilities and that even his recurring equipment has incredibly potent powers. So regardless of the result, I can be satisfied if in the analysis they comment how both of them are pretty formidable in their own right. Which was my peeve with their first fight, they made weaknesses for Cloud when they could have easily argued how Link had a legitimate advantage in the key categories.

Zephyros gave me a good argument on Cloud's chances, buuut, I'll wait and see. DB is unpredictable, and their criteria to when things count and when not is pretty hard to predict.

And also, the same way I wouldn't underestimate the power of a composite. Link has some pretty broken combos with his utility belt when mixing up the stuff from different games and he can also mix up abilities and feats from anywhere. I mean, for example, any impressive speed feat he had in a game can be enhanced with the Flurry Rush for his reaction and combat speed. Being a composite also means Link completely squashes Cloud in terms of experience, training and knowledge. And in the same way FFVII seems to be getting a major buff since Sephiroth vs Vergil, so could Link be getting one from Dracula vs Ganondorf.

And, honestly, I am genuinely curious about what will they say about the Supernova this time around. They can't just ignore it like in Season 1 or hand wave it like they did in Sephiroth vs Vergil, they either accept it as a feat or dismiss it and explain why. My guess is that it will be considered legit this time, but they will use the International Version and explain the party only tanks a small part of the explosion, reducing the power enormously. (Fun trivia, been checking translations and turns out the yellow sphere seen in the animation is not the Supernova, it's the sun still swelling up and when it reaches Earth then it explodes into a Supernova)

Wiz: The Supernova does seem like an impressive feat, however, it's very blatant that it's a mere illusion.

Boomstick: Yeah, I mean, how the hell would an explosion that eats up planets fail to kill a bunch of weirdos.

Wiz: In a similar vein, Zack may seem like an impressive combatant taking down colossal enemies. But despite his status as a Super Soldier and his skill, he is still human.

Boomstick: They guy was a badass that's for sure, but still fell to the old, reliable guns.

Wiz: Summons in that regard may seem impressive, but they are still inconsistent with the action in the story. It's easy to see why they are mere gameplay mechanics to make battles look more spectacular.

Boomstick: Substance in a game is fine, but I want some flash, dammit!

Wiz: The Supernova does seem like an impressive feat, however, it's very blatant that it's a mere illusion.

Boomstick: Yeah, I mean, how the hell would an explosion that eats up planets fail to kill a bunch of weirdos.

Wiz: In a similar vein, Zack may seem like an impressive combatant taking down colossal enemies. But despite his status as a Super Soldier and his skill, he is still human.

Boomstick: They guy was a badass that's for sure, but still fell to the old, reliable guns.

Wiz: Summons in that regard may seem impressive, but they are still inconsistent with the action in the story. It's easy to see why they are mere gameplay mechanics to make battles look more spectacular.

Based.

Although since dbx is already announced I feel possibly at the end of Cloud vs Link 2 would be announced another 6 characters to another half of season. But that's an assumption.

This is what they said?

Gioker is still a shit MU
Your opinion is trash, also DB did shittier matches before, if your only problem with it is being one sided, you must have slept under a rock during this whole season
Okay, so
1) It definitely is rude
2) I'm a woman
3) You've been a jerk around this thread a lot, i'm kinda tired of it
Now you gonna throw the card of "im a woman" to have people come side you? Gender equality is a thing, if you need special treatment for this, this aint the place, keep it for yourself and your outbursts

Its not gonna happen, much like how ryuko vs shadow or mikasa vs blake were made due to legacies, so this too

Jojo and persona also have a rivalry and are compared to one another
Why does Gioker gets popular in the first place?

There should be a lot of actors into it, and I believe once those factors are found, there can be some better matchups that could replace them.

Like MAYBE Giorno Giovanna can actually fight Kamijou Touma. But I want to see how this matchup (along with my other good alternative matchups for P5 Joker) can be promoted.

Your opinion is trash, also DB did shittier matches before, if your only problem with it is being one sided, you must have slept under a rock during this whole season
So you agree that it's a shitty match then

And no, my problem isn't it being one sided. I'm glad Joker stomps. I just think it's a bad MU iwth bad connections.
Now you gonna throw the card of "im a woman" to have people come side you? Gender equality is a thing, if you need special treatment for this, this aint the place, keep it for yourself and your outbursts
Um

I said my gender because you called me "boi". I don't know what you're on about about special treatment. What's your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back