• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, changing the topic from something I love but pretend I hate, to something that I outwardly love and something I ultimately love but pretend I don't care about, Gilgamesh vs Doctor Doom (Pretty much my most wanted matchup if you couldn't tell) is something I've really been thinking about, because there's so many amazing ways it could go. (This first paragraph was a lot more accurate a few posts ago before the topic changed to Shantae)

One, the setup from the fight is basically Doom has traveled back to Gilgamesh's time to learn from him (Please ignore the fact that there's a Gilgamesh in Marvel). Gilgamesh is somehow insulted and the fight begins. Also, Doom's hax that dosn't work is used pretty early (Mostly the mind stuff like the body switch)

What I know I want is for Doom to absorb Gilgamesh's Divinity with the Cosmic Energy Drive, and then for Gilgamesh to take advantage of this by using Enkidu and binding him, obviously not giving a flying **** about his divinity gone.

Then, while pulling out Ea like you'd expect him to (Or maybe he could pull out Merodach to make Ea more impactful later), he explains Enkidu's purpose as a weapon against the gods and saying something along the lines of the Age of Gods being over and the Age of Man beginning, thanking Doom for getting rid of the side of him he despised.

This makes Doom realize what he needs to do, and to counter the blast from Ea/Merodach, he fires off all of the Divinity he absorbed as a laser from his suit, saying something along the lines of Godhood being beneath him.

Alternatively, Doom could rewind time (Since that's a thing he can do) and give Gilgamesh his own monologue right back in his face before firing the divinity as a giant ****-off laser into the sky to show just how meaningless it is to him.

Then Doom summons a **** ton of Cosmic-Power infused Doombots, and they actually manage to overwhelm Gilgamesh's usual sword barrages, and he starts actually fighting up close with Ea and some other weapon (Probably the axe his Caster self uses) in a way we never actually see him fight in the series and genuinely enjoying himself (Obviously alongside firing barrages of weapons, he should still be somewhat recognizable), to showcase how he's begun to respect Doom as fellow king and warrior to the point of actively fighting up close.

Gilgamesh might also compare it in some way with his fights with Enkidu to hammer in the point.

As for the kill, perhaps Doom drags Gilgamesh to a post-apocalyptical future where Earth is little more than a rock drifting through space and says something about how "Every world not ruled by Doom is fated to become what you see now". Gilgamesh then says that all things end and that nothing is eternal (Something he literally learned in his own legend, so it's a pretty critical part of his character), and that Doom's dream would only delay the inevitable.

They argue for a bit while fighting and whoever seemingly wins the argument wins the fight at the same time.

If Doom wins, he could bring Gilgamesh to the entropy at the end of the universe, saying something like "All things end, except Doom." and then killing him somehow (He has no shortage of methods) before leaving (Maybe crippling him and then leaving him for dead)

If Gilgamesh wins, he uses Doom as an example of something that ends, saying something like "Even you and your infinite ambition have come to their end!", before (obviously) blowing the planet the **** up with Enuma Elish since a dead world wouldn't have corrective impulses (Though maybe Gil would drill Ea into Doom's chest before using Enuma Elish so it's not a "Boring disintegration death", although I'd prefer something akin to Lex's death instead).

what's legacy shantae?

and where do people get these ages on the vs wiki. i checked the shantae wiki and it doesn't say she's 18 like on the vs wiki.
I am talking how "legacy" (requested for a long time) Shantae vs Filia Medici is.

Apparently no specific age restrictions but IIRC Shantae and Bolo can enter some **** areas or sauna centers legally and replenish health in her 4th game.

1622600456320.png
unknown.png
image0.jpg

Neato

Well Bayonetta can return to fight this Ultimecia chick now.

And what has Kronika done to you? Poor, poor Mortal Kombat has been a mortally wounded kick bag now. Having some super ugly track records in Death Battle.

I thought this game was for kids/teens. Not adults.
Then likely the childhood mates are going to be going to a family-friendly brothel spa center.

question if sportacus ever went on death battle.

which fitness junkie would be his opponent?
Popeye
Probably some other health enthusiast
Maybe Wii Fit Trainer. (I am sure male and female trainers exist but I assume the default one is female as this is the icon at Wii Fit)

But I doubt we have actual feats other than from SSBU.

Might Guy? Akihiko? Aw man.

Recent Death Battle matchup suggestion form
Characters, sources (media/franchise), a random Internet name (do not enter your real name), that is it.
Not applicable for battle royale suggestions.

Hey, who posted that Smash Bracket show with Mario vs Mega Man? Because they downplay characters to the same extent as Sephiroth vs Vergil in every single episode. They say they're "Grounded" and are anti-power scaling. This series makes me irrationally angry.

Don't get me wrong, Mario lost to Mega Man so I'm extremely happy, but this level of downplay is frankly absurd. I'd personally equalize stats and make things based on abilities so you don't piss off the pro-power scaling or absolute ******* buffoons anti-power scaling crowds.

Last edited:
Hey, who posted that Smash Bracket show with Mario vs Mega Man? Because they downplay characters to the same extent as Sephiroth vs Vergil in every single episode. They say they're "Grounded" and are anti-power scaling. This series makes me irrationally angry.
That was me, kek

Their rules are super bad, disallowing both powerscaling, statements, and feats from multiplayer games, resulting in nonsense like 9–A and FTL+ Meta Knight and 10-B Marth. It’s an interesting series in concept with decent Sprite fights, though.

That was me, kek

Their rules are super bad, disallowing both powerscaling, statements, and feats from multiplayer games, resulting in nonsense like 9–A and FTL+ Meta Knight and 10-B Marth. It’s an interesting series in concept with decent Sprite fights, though.
I hate you for showing me this series because it makes me so incredibly angry but I also love you because it showed Mario losing to Mega Man as he should

To illustrate how horrid their standards are, I posted proof in their Discord showing the Cyan Laser is lightspeed (supported by it being, er, a laser) and they dismissed it as hyperbole, comparing it to Slippy Toad being called immortal.
Wow, Dark Samus is actually just gonna curbstomp this bracket, huh? Because you can downplay power, speed, etc... all you want, but direct, explicit regeneration and hax is much harder to dismiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back