• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this was a page back, I still want to say that I hate this match-up, if only because I REALLY want Pennywise vs Bill Cipher. Sure it's a bigger stomp, but they just seem so much more thematic.

112d3b01-33a4-4257-8635-384165b55267

• Both are extra-dimensional eldritch horrors
  • Both Terrorize a supernatural town
  • Both antagonize kids and are thwarted by the efforts of children (in Bill's case while they didn't land the finishing blow, they definitely helped)
  • Both wanted to cause mass chaos across the world (Bill with Weirdmageddon and IT through its children)
  • Both even have mortal enemies who are weird cosmic animals (Axolotl and The Turtle)

There's other weaker connections, but they really do weirdly pair up nicely.
That match might be thematic but I’m pretty sure Discord vs Bill is more likely as it’s something that’s been highly requested for years and is a legacy matchup so it would probably happen first.

A matchup has come into my mind:

MK (Monkie Kid) VS Boruto Uzumaki

Connection: Main teenager male protagonists with spiky hairs who have special abilities with history live in a new era where modern technology exists. Both have mentors who are legends. (Monkey King and Sasuke) Both are members of a team. (MK's team and Team 7)

(MK is OP too, and he would get every Monkey King's abilities eventually)

Last edited:
I know this was a page back, I still want to say that I hate this match-up, if only because I REALLY want Pennywise vs Bill Cipher. Sure it's a bigger stomp, but they just seem so much more thematic.

112d3b01-33a4-4257-8635-384165b55267

• Both are extra-dimensional eldritch horrors
  • Both Terrorize a supernatural town
  • Both antagonize kids and are thwarted by the efforts of children (in Bill's case while they didn't land the finishing blow, they definitely helped)
  • Both wanted to cause mass chaos across the world (Bill with Weirdmageddon and IT through its children)
  • Both even have mortal enemies who are weird cosmic animals (Axolotl and The Turtle)

There's other weaker connections, but they really do weirdly pair up nicely.
Want Penny to rip bill a new one

I see, I just heard they were changed to Low 1-C but the profile itself seems to say Low 2-C?, that should be fine for Shadow
It took me a few clicks to get into the cosmology CRT. Even Antvasima-sama has a hard time tracking it.

A matchup has come into my mind:

MK (Monkie Kid) VS Boruto Uzumaki

Connection: Main teenager male protagonists with spiky hairs who have special abilities with history live in a new era where modern technology exists. Both have mentors who are legends. (Monkey King and Sasuke) Both are members of a team. (MK's team and Team 7)

(MK is OP too, and he would get every Monkey King's abilities eventually)
This is no good unless this feeds a Naruto win. Boruto however bad he is, does not suffer from this.

Oh DC Monkey Prince is something related to Shazam and Dr Sivana. Can Lego Monkie Kid stack up against DC Monkey Prince though?

This is no good unless this feeds a Naruto win. Boruto however bad he is, does not suffer from this. Oh DC Monkey Prince is something related to Shazam and Dr Sivana. Can Lego Monkie Kid stack up against DC Monkey Prince though?
If Monkey Prince scales to Shazem, then DC Monkey Prince stomps. If Monkey Prince is Batman level AP and durability, then MK stomps. The issue is that we currently do not have a profile for MK. While the original JttW Sun Wukong profile is too vague to exist, there are many more Sun Wukongs. (Then we can bring DC Monkey Prince against Superman's official DB opponent)

I looked the news. It is good that the creator is not JttW fundamentalists. Sadly C nationalists believe that DC Monkey Prince is another "foreign conspiracy" to "smear Chinese culture".

Last edited:
That match might be thematic but I’m pretty sure Discord vs Bill is more likely as it’s something that’s been highly requested for years and is a legacy matchup so it would probably happen first.
This.
And Pennywise also has Freddy Krueger, Darkrai and Thaal Sinestro. (We know Sinestro also has Terumi Yuki but still.)

If Monkey Prince scales to Shazam, then DC Monkey Prince stomps. If Monkey Prince is Batman level AP and durability, then MK stomps. The issue is that we currently do not have a profile for MK. While the original JttW Sun Wukong profile is too vague to exist, there are many more Sun Wukongs. (Then we can bring DC Monkey Prince against Superman's official DB opponent)

I looked the news. It is good that the creator is not JttW fundamentalists. Sadly C nationalists believe that DC Monkey Prince is another "foreign conspiracy" to "smear Chinese culture".
Well this is one reason Death Battle refrains from making battles with classic literature and mythology characters. These characters are not vague, just too controversial to use.

Maybe just work on the blog calcs, then use a cosmology blog for describing the verse in general... Which I am sure most enthusiasts do not bother and just make character profiles first.

Father's Day is coming. Guess will we have Homer Simpson vs Peter Griffin soon? As Death Battle or DBX? In this or next season?

Last edited:
What happened to Demonbane?
statistics were uberly wrong and the verse was deleted
Not even Elder God Demonbane can save his verse and himself from being deleted by the true gods...the VS Battles staff.
Not sufficient Demonbane lovers can save the verse from calibrating the verse? I mean, if I can put Po, Iron Fist and Star Butterfly back to their places (which consumes me out from my already busy day job and house work), why can't the Demonbane lovers? What makes them rather do the ultimate whispering spell and skadoosh the verse away?

today is the last day to vote for the g1 mid season blogs

It's funny that a Gurren Lagann MU in the form of Simon the Digger is on top of these polls, because while I have my objections to the show that were laboriously catalogued in my hour-long diatribe on the series, as a power scaling case study? I'm all for it (in fact, that's one of the things I appreciate the series for).

Not just that, but we're also LONG overdue for a matchup where DC loses to someone that isn't from Marvel [insert 'what was Ben vs Green Lantern thinking?' here], although I'm in no way familiar with Marvel or DC because Comics go too far back for my 2000s sensibilities, so someone is going to have to fill me in on who Kyle Rayner is.

It's funny that a Gurren Lagann MU in the form of Simon the Digger is on top of these polls, because while I have my objections to the show that were laboriously catalogued in my hour-long diatribe on the series, as a power scaling case study? I'm all for it (in fact, that's one of the things I appreciate the series for).

Not just that, but we're also LONG overdue for a matchup where DC loses to someone that isn't from Marvel [insert 'what was Ben vs Green Lantern thinking?' here], although I'm in no way familiar with Marvel or DC because Comics go too far back for my 2000s sensibilities, so someone is going to have to fill me in on who Kyle Rayner is.
this guy
nick-thomas-glsmall.jpg

Another big problem of Simon the Digger vs Kyle Rayner is that the animation will turn into Ben 10 in Way Big vs Green Lantern holding a moon construct smashing for 3 minutes. Which, I must say, is weirder than Strelizia vs Zero-Two (Kirby).

Static animation pictures can make any matchup look interesting (and I can see people make any picture with any character like that), but the actual animation itself is another issue. Trust me. We have had the fight of Blake Belladonna vs Mikasa Ackerman before (with 89.5930459% like rate), and how does it compare with the fight of Blake vs Inuyasha (Character) of 93.2818859% like rate.

Can I just say how funny it is that we're lowballing True Apus to Multi-Continental?

Static animation pictures can make any matchup look interesting (and I can see people make any picture with any character like that), but the actual animation itself is another issue. Trust me. We have had the fight of Blake Belladonna vs Mikasa Ackerman before (with 89.5930459% like rate), and how does it compare with the fight of Blake vs Inuyasha (Character) of 93.2818859% like rate.

Partly because both of those fights are on the DeathBattle channel, an RT subsidiary, and people are still crying out the 'bias' pejorative every time RWBY comes up in any of their VS formats, researched or otherwise?

If Blake had won vs Inuyasha, that dislike ratio would be a lot angrier.

Still think that Steven is the one who should really win, DB can make Star win but I'm in hope that Steven will win (So simply put, betting and rooting for Steven).

My bet on next fight is more likely Clink 2 whathever of everyone here says I feel it's probably will be next.

Honestly, while I think Clink2 is a possibility, I also think the finale will be another big MU.
My thoughts are exactly
Clink 2 has a chance if you go how quick they went with the combatants teased for this season yet the crew is likely saving it for the second half like how Beerus and Crona were last year
Also I'm trying to think of a MU that could happen that we haven't took notice of for the mid season finale

Oh yeah, time for my conspiracy.
Leaving a iconic persona of JRPG games on the next half of season with keeping intrigue of "Who could he fight?" already seems odd. It's pretty likely would be Link. Clink 2 is pretty well iconic and popular match up. And also at some point using Clink 2 now would make people really think that DB have even more bizzare fights to prepare (the only character from announced teaser of this season left is Cloud, they're also announced Dbx earlier so they can tease more other MU's of this season, which also would be an interesting strategy, since they're already announced Dbx and upcoming fighters of dbx).

There is argumentation for Beerus and Crona because there was still that "who would he/she fight?". Beerus had many options and Crona had as well. Cloud except for Persona 5 Makoto (if I'm not spelled wrong) have only Link.

So while they can keep it for long I believe there's slight good chance of it.

Another big problem of Simon the Digger vs Kyle Rayner is that the animation will turn into Ben 10 in Way Big vs Green Lantern holding a moon construct smashing for 3 minutes. Which, I must say, is weirder than Strelizia vs Zero-Two (Kirby).

IIRC Kyle has actually made mechs with his power ring multiple times, letting Kyle fight at a similar size.

IIRC Kyle has actually made mechs with his power ring multiple times, letting Kyle fight at a similar size.
Love to look at some examples to see if that hypes me up. Despite you know... That does not stop another DC victory. But still helps in animation potential and battle choreography.

Can I just say how funny it is that we're lowballing True Apus to Multi-Continental?
In fact we have already lowballed True Apus to Country level. And in fact while True Apus still wins over EVA-02 it will die to EVA-01 and EVA-00.

Partly because both of those fights are on the DeathBattle channel, an RT subsidiary, and people are still crying out the 'bias' pejorative every time RWBY comes up in any of their VS formats, researched or otherwise?

If Blake had won vs Inuyasha, that dislike ratio would be a lot angrier.
That is an inherent problem. Still, what I mean is that power strength and hax wall differences as well as battle choreography potential are things to consider when making a good Death Battle episode. Good animators are hard to find, good value-for-money animators who are not yet headhunted away are harder to find. Oh I should have mentioned before Torrian Crawford left... Rooster Teeth and jumped to Respawn Entertainment as a previz/cinematic animator.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Yang vs Tifa REALLY hurt their credibility towards RWBY MUs. While I think people should just let it go and move on, especially seeing as Weiss legit lost. They kinda brought this on themselves as the Vs Community and DB community aren't the type to easily forgive and forget.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back