• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Steven wins all of you must relinquish y'alls appendix to me.
I have actually better that if Steven Universe won this match I will be adding a title of Starkiller to myself in DBW Discord for at least a week.

Btw Clink 2 may as a first half finale can happen more likely than not given the current hints.

IIRC Kyle has actually made mechs with his power ring multiple times, letting Kyle fight at a similar size.
Green Lanterns making Mechs is a pretty common tactic
7fq350nakc911.jpg
KYLE-RAYNER-CONSTRUCTS-Giant-Mecha.jpg
EbqGXc7VcAMs21e.jpg

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Yang vs Tifa REALLY hurt their credibility towards RWBY MUs. While I think people should just let it go and move on, especially seeing as Weiss legit lost. They kinda brought this on themselves as the Vs Community and DB community aren't type to easily forgive and forget.
like Otto said
Yang vs Tifa: Well, do I even need to talk about this one? This wasn’t the worst Death Battle in the sense of stacking the deck against the opponent. That would be Link vs Cloud. But in terms of pure bias? Oh yeah, this was the worst one.

Pro-tip guys: Learn what “conflict of interest” means.

Don’t use your own characters. Don’t put a big DEDICATED TO MONTY OUM sign up before the fight. Don’t put your characters against characters that influenced them.

If you break these rules, you’re going to look biased. Even if you aren’t, you’re going to look biased. If I ever run a fight with a Power of Stardust or Martin’s School character, I’m going to look biased if I have the character do anything but lose. That’s just how it is.

Say Marvel decided to write a story where Sentry beats the shit out of Superman. It would look kind of pathetic, wouldn’t it?

If it was just a matter of bad booking, Yang vs Tifa wouldn’t get the heat it does. But they cooked it to get their girl over.

“Yang is stronger because she cracked a pillar” was a travesty. Even a middle schooler would understand what’s wrong with treating the weight a pillar can support as being the same as the force required to break it horizontally.

Here’s an experiment you can try, geniuses: try and break a tree in half not by sawing it but by stacking weights on it until it bends.

What’s worse is that after the fight, episodes of RWBY had Yang lose to characters wayyyyy below Tifa’s level. Ben and Chad would have known about these episodes. Instead of waiting for these episodes to air, they pushed out Yang vs Tifa so Yang’s durability wouldn’t be shot.

Bad form. And now it’s an albatross around their necks and will be an albatross around their necks forever. They could be running Death Battle a decade from now and people will still question their judgement because of Yang vs Tifa.

Not really as there is a difference between a shitty/wrong verdict and blatant bias. Yang vs Tifa was blatant Yang hype and was a glorifed RWBY ad.
Perhaps, though if you say that you’ll get fans of the series bring up that other RWBY DB with the persona character and then call you a idiot, then bring that message back up a few weeks after when another match happens (something that happened to me actually )

then again some people also feel Weiss getting the most tame ””””death””””” was also bias

Perhaps, though if you say that you’ll get fans of the series bring up that other RWBY DB with the persona character and then call you a idiot, then bring that message back up a few weeks after when another match happens (something that happened to me actually )

then again some people also feel Weiss getting the most tame ””””death””””” was also bias
The thing is that no matter what, people will call bias on anything RWBY because of that one decision in Season 2. Like, as much as I would love for people to just get over it, they won't. Even with Blakasa with Blake winning legitimately, I bet there are people who cry 'BIAS".

What if I'm betting and rooting on Steven.
A person who says Star is potentially extra-dimensional and MFTL+ is betting Steven.

Compared to me who says Star barely scratches low multiverse level and is conditional is betting Star.

Are we cursed and blessed friends on rivalry?

Weekly comes with claims. I come with solid calcs.

anyways Tifa vs Yang is one of DB biggest **** up
no if/ands about it
now we'll wait and see how Ruby vs Maka will go down cause as it stands Maka murders her hard
I remember they said they wanted to wait a long time for that one, like I think they said that Ruby was too early in Season 5 which considering other matches it’s pretty bullshit that it be too early to do so, so there must’ve been something in the newer seasons that changed there mind

I’ve also heard it was just Monty’s request to make it later on in the series but I never watch the podcasts because there a bit boring

A person who says Star is potentially extra-dimensional and MFTL+ is betting Steven.

Compared to me who says Star barely scratches low multiverse level and is conditional is betting Star.

Are we cursed and blessed friends on rivalry?
Maybe... Maybe...

Though when talking about speed I mostly trust on attack speed. But still, the fight is gonna be here almost after an hour. I'm ready to prepare my sault and end this nightmare of mine and my friend. The next nightmare of vs debating with people outside on that level to me would probably be Phoenix Wright vs Makoto Naegi (which would never happen so... E).

In fact we have already lowballed True Apus to Country level. And in fact while True Apus still wins over EVA-02 it will die to EVA-01 and EVA-00.

That I buy even less, for the simple reason that it's not taking into account what VIRM actually is. Not to mention FRANXX verse by the end ended up dealing with holes in dimensions (or something like that, so I'd expect peak to be higher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back