• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listed the reasons, he basically says that characters have different personalities, different abilities, different roles etc.
Seriously, that sounds like bullshit, no offense to your friend. If it this was like anyone super comedic character fighting the Kiryuin I would understand but they're not that different that they couldn't fight one another.

Also he doesn't likes when a comedic character fights a serious one, the only time it worked for him is Po vs Iron Fist
Hey, it can work. Cable vs. Booster Gold, Joker vs. Sweet Tooth, Zoro vs. Erza, Crash vs. Spyro, Jak and Daxter vs. Ratchet and Clank and Iron Fist vs. Po have shown that personalities between a serious guy and a comedic one can mesh well during a fight.

And it's not like Kid can't be serious because he can be. If your friend doesn't like the fight, I would understand but it sounds like he's reaching.

Alright, here's my ideal Death Battle season:

MyIdealDeathBattleSeason.jpg

The theme of this is "Why did it take so long?", and that question is asked for almost every matchup here.
  1. Pit vs Zagreus (Kid Icarus vs Hades): "Why did it take so long for an indie game character other than Shovel Knight to appear?"
  2. Guts vs Dimitri (Berserk vs Fire Emblem): "Why did it take so long for a Fire Emblem character to appear?"
  3. Bowser vs King Dedede (Mario vs Kirby): "Why did it take so long for Bowser to have a good episode?"
  4. Scarecrow vs Mysterio (DC vs Marvel): "Why did it take so long for a battle of illusions and trickery to happen?"
  5. Simon the Digger vs Kyle Rainer (Gurren Lagann vs DC): "Why did it take so long for Gurren Lagann to appear?"
  6. Mewtwo vs BlackWarGreymon (Pokemon vs Digimon): "Why did it take so long for Mewtwo to have a good episode?"
  7. Eggman vs Wily 2 (Sonic vs Mega Man): "Why did it take so long for a true winner to be determined in this matchup?"
  8. Zonda vs Magneto (Azure Striker Gunvolt vs Marvel): "Why did it take so long for a Marvel character to defeat someone with Pink hair?"
  9. Meta Knight vs Zero (Kirby vs Mega Man X): "Why did it take so long for this classic matchup to happen?"
  10. The Batter vs Omori (OFF vs ...): "Why did it take so long for an Indie RPG character to appear?"
  11. Darth Vader vs Lancelot (Star Wars vs Fate): "Why did it take so long for a Fate series character to appear?" and "Why did it take so long for Darth Vader to get a good episode?"
  12. Super Brainz vs Super Monkey (PvZ vs BTD): "Why did it take so long for Flash games to appear?"
  13. Sinestro vs Terumi (DC vs BlazBlue): "Why did it take so long for DC to lose to something that isn't Marvel?"
  14. Orochi vs Captain Planet (King of Fighters vs ...): "Why did it take so long for a character mentioned in almost every season to appear in the show?" and "Why did it take so long for a King of Fighters character to appear?"
  15. Ridley vs Vile (Metroid vs Mega Man): "Why did it take so long for another Metroid character to appear in Death Battle when one appeared in the first episode of the show?"
  16. Fire Emblem Battle Royale (...): "Why did it take so long for a 6-person Battle Royale?" (Hey I didn't say they'd all be good or unanswered questions)
  17. Medaka vs Novel Kars (Medaka Box vs JoJo's Bizarre Adventure): "Why did it take so long for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to appear again?"
  18. Captain America vs Deathstroke (Marvel vs DC): "Why did it take so long for Captain America to fight someone that isn't Batman?"
  19. Doctor Doom vs Gilgamesh (Marvel vs Fate): "Why did it take so long to give Doom another episode only to pit him up against Lex ******* Luthor?"
  20. Reds and Blues vs Team Fortress (Red vs Blue vs Team Fortress 2): "Why did it take so long for Red vs Blue to fight another series?" and "Why did it take so long for Team Fortress 2 to be properly represented in an episode?"
It's certainly not a perfect season, and I'm definitely not holding my breath, but this really does seem like it'd be a good season if it were to happen. There's 12 new series and 13 returning series, a good balance. There's some good oddball matchups (A battle royale, an army fight with an obvious winner, a team fight you'd actually need to research and maybe a second more obvious team match if you put the Planeteers and Hakkehsu in Orochi vs Captain Planet).

RvB vs TF2 would probably be the hardest fight to animate, need to be pretty long and require a lot of voice talent, which is why I put it as the Season Finale (As well as the fact that while these characters are hardly going to be blowing up planets, they are basically the origin of a lot of people's sense of humor and really special to a lot of people.)

Guts vs Dimitri
Oh, speaking of Guts, i wanted to show you all my idea for Guts MU
guts_vs_hyakkimaru.png

Guts vs Hyakkimaru: Sword-wielding anime demon slayers that had a very tragic childhood and survived the sacrifice. Both have missing body parts (Guts got rid of his hand and an eye and Hyakkimaru… Let’s just say that demons stole a lot from him). Despite the fact that they have missing body parts, they can still fight excellently and have prostheses that help even more in their fights. And both have annoying sidekicks (Puck and Dororo).

Alright, here's my ideal Death Battle season:

MyIdealDeathBattleSeason.jpg

The theme of this is "Why did it take so long?", and that question is asked for almost every matchup here.
  1. Pit vs Zagreus (Kid Icarus vs Hades): "Why did it take so long for an indie game character other than Shovel Knight to appear?"
  2. Guts vs Dimitri (Berserk vs Fire Emblem): "Why did it take so long for a Fire Emblem character to appear?"
  3. Bowser vs King Dedede (Mario vs Kirby): "Why did it take so long for Bowser to have a good episode?"
  4. Scarecrow vs Mysterio (DC vs Marvel): "Why did it take so long for a battle of illusions and trickery to happen?"
  5. Simon the Digger vs Kyle Rainer (Gurren Lagann vs DC): "Why did it take so long for Gurren Lagann to appear?"
  6. Mewtwo vs BlackWarGreymon (Pokemon vs Digimon): "Why did it take so long for Mewtwo to have a good episode?"
  7. Eggman vs Wily 2 (Sonic vs Mega Man): "Why did it take so long for a true winner to be determined in this matchup?"
  8. Zonda vs Magneto (Azure Striker Gunvolt vs Marvel): "Why did it take so long for a Marvel character to defeat someone with Pink hair?"
  9. Meta Knight vs Zero (Kirby vs Mega Man X): "Why did it take so long for this classic matchup to happen?"
  10. The Batter vs Omori (OFF vs ...): "Why did it take so long for an Indie RPG character to appear?"
  11. Darth Vader vs Lancelot (Star Wars vs Fate): "Why did it take so long for a Fate series character to appear?" and "Why did it take so long for Darth Vader to get a good episode?"
  12. Super Brainz vs Super Monkey (PvZ vs BTD): "Why did it take so long for Flash games to appear?"
  13. Sinestro vs Terumi (DC vs BlazBlue): "Why did it take so long for DC to lose to something that isn't Marvel?"
  14. Orochi vs Captain Planet (King of Fighters vs ...): "Why did it take so long for a character mentioned in almost every season to appear in the show?" and "Why did it take so long for a King of Fighters character to appear?"
  15. Ridley vs Vile (Metroid vs Mega Man): "Why did it take so long for another Metroid character to appear in Death Battle when one appeared in the first episode of the show?"
  16. Fire Emblem Battle Royale (...): "Why did it take so long for a 6-person Battle Royale?" (Hey I didn't say they'd all be good or unanswered questions)
  17. Medaka vs Novel Kars (Medaka Box vs JoJo's Bizarre Adventure): "Why did it take so long for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to appear again?"
  18. Captain America vs Deathstroke (Marvel vs DC): "Why did it take so long for Captain America to fight someone that isn't Batman?"
  19. Doctor Doom vs Gilgamesh (Marvel vs Fate): "Why did it take so long to give Doom another episode only to pit him up against Lex ******* Luthor?"
  20. Reds and Blues vs Team Fortress (Red vs Blue vs Team Fortress 2): "Why did it take so long for Red vs Blue to fight another series?" and "Why did it take so long for Team Fortress 2 to be properly represented in an episode?"
It's certainly not a perfect season, and I'm definitely not holding my breath, but this really does seem like it'd be a good season if it were to happen. There's 12 new series and 13 returning series, a good balance. There's some good oddball matchups (A battle royale, an army fight with an obvious winner, a team fight you'd actually need to research and maybe a second more obvious team match if you put the Planeteers and Hakkehsu in Orochi vs Captain Planet).

RvB vs TF2 would probably be the hardest fight to animate, need to be pretty long and require a lot of voice talent, which is why I put it as the Season Finale (As well as the fact that while these characters are hardly going to be blowing up planets, they are basically the origin of a lot of people's sense of humor and really special to a lot of people.)
Hey, wanna post the template?

Seriously, that sounds like bullshit, no offense to your friend. If it this was like anyone super comedic character fighting the Kiryuin I would understand but they're not that different that they couldn't fight one another.

Hey, it can work. Cable vs. Booster Gold, Joker vs. Sweet Tooth, Zoro vs. Erza, Crash vs. Spyro, Jak and Daxter vs. Ratchet and Clank and Iron Fist vs. Po have shown that personalities between a serious guy and a comedic one can mesh well during a fight.

And it's not like Kid can't be serious because he can be. If your friend doesn't like the fight, I would understand but it sounds like he's reaching.
He actually responded and i can actually translate this one, so here we go:
"Ok, first i'm not against fights with gag characters and serious characters, just in this case it does not work. And second some fights that he listed are fights between half gag characters. Like Zoro and Erza, both characters are so ******* hyper serious, but they have cons that are turned into jokes. For example Zoro is ******* a dumbass and always has fights with Sanji that are made just for comedy purposes. Erza is also a serious swordsman, but pervert jokes are made with her and etc. And also he can't explain things properly, the characters are different in everything, except for small connections that are still made out to be something bigger. Like uuuuuugh the have a brother/sister. And in this case the sister is the main hero and the brother is the main villain."
unknown.png

They even used Metal fighting Mega Man as a feat in Archie, which is funny because Worlds Unite crossover specifically places Super Sonic as stronger than Zero, and thus Overlord himself would be stronger by just that (unless that didn't happen just yet)
Oof, that is a funny case, anyway, how many Sonic characters are going to fight on the next season? Shadow has now a notable victory against Ryuko now.

Given it some more thought, and I feel like people are sleeping on Trunks vs Luminary (Dragon Quest 11) as a Trunks matchup.
  • Akira Toriyama
  • Both wield swords in tandem with a variety of techniques that stem from a limited pool of life energy (ki/mana).
  • Both are princes
  • Both travel back in time to save the world from certain destruction/the murder of close loved ones (basically everyone for Trunks, Veronica for Luminary), only to have to take down an even worse threat then they could've possibly imagined (Cell/Calasmos), who also went back in time in order to reclaim their lost power.
  • Both were indirectly responsible for bringing their respective main villains back in time with them (Calasmos following Luminary back into the past, Cell killing Trunks and taking his time machine).
Probably Trunks's best opponent, since Cable got fed to the DC slaughterhouse and Shulk's fighting Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back