• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
darza1xu1uz61.png

Fanmade

Shulk vs Lightning MUST happen. In fact it has been at least 1 year overdue.

I can't really speak for Lightning, simply because I've never cared to play XIII, but how are we pretending that Shulk has no better matchups when we're staring down:

• Trunks (Apparently DBZ has dabbled in time travel? Also Paradigm from Shulkcord bought it up to me as a VS idea)
  • Meta Knight
  • Malos (Xenoblade-off, anyone?)
  • Zael (Operation Rainfall MUs would be a wet dream of mine)
  • Link / Cloud (those two have better MUs then just running back Season 1 jank)
  • Kirito (gee, it's almost as if I had an entire thread on this...)
  • Deoxys (Statistical mode-changing would be the bulk of the fight)
  • Ruby Rose (Colour-changing eyes)
  • Half of the Fire Emblem verse? (I'm not even trying to bullshit knowing the smash memes, I'm just willing to bet there are some good contenders knowing that Lucina has dipped her toe in Time Travel as well).

Just to name a few?

I can't really speak for Lightning, simply because I've never cared to play XIII, but how are we pretending that Shulk has no better matchups when we're staring down:

• Trunks (Apparently DBZ has dabbled in time travel? Also Paradigm from Shulkcord bought it up to me as a VS idea)
  • Meta Knight
  • Malos (Xenoblade-off, anyone?)
  • Zael (Operation Rainfall MUs would be a wet dream of mine)
  • Link / Cloud (those two have better MUs then just running back Season 1 jank)
  • Kirito (gee, it's almost as if I had an entire thread on this...)
  • Deoxys (Statistical mode-changing would be the bulk of the fight)
  • Ruby Rose (Colour-changing eyes)
  • Half of the Fire Emblem verse? (I'm not even trying to bullshit knowing the smash memes, I'm just willing to bet there are some good contenders knowing that Lucina has dipped her toe in Time Travel as well).

Just to name a few?
Majority of those MU are completely terrible and make zero sense
So yeah Shulk doesn't have better

mind elaborating, good sir?
Trunks has nothing common in with Shulk
Beyond Swordsmen
Shulk shit regards seeing into the future not coming back
Meta Knight has nothing common as well
Link and Cloud Makes even less as it has only blonde swordmen
Kirito has nothing going for it beyond being swordmen
Help most of these MU just boils down to shit that's not even unique or good enough alternatives just throwing shit at board

Trunks has nothing common in with Shulk
Beyond Swordsmen
Shulk shit regards seeing into the future not coming back
Meta Knight has nothing common as well
Link and Cloud Makes even less as it has only blonde swordmen
Kirito has nothing going for it beyond being swordmen
Help most of these MU just boils down to shit that's not even unique or good enough alternatives just throwing shit at board
I suggest taking a look at my reasoning's again, because I can assure you there are more nuances that what you've said here.

And if we're so adamant, then what does Shulk have in common with Lightning as well? Because from where I'm sitting, she just looks like the 'generic, swing-a-sword-around' type you're accusing my suggestions of being.

P.S: I love how you just completely omitted Malos, Ruby and the FE verse. Any particular reason why?

Malos, Ruby and the FE verse. Any particular reason why?
Ruby makes zero sense and said connection could be shared with anybody
FE have tons of MU already that's far more popular and even if you were to find one for him it won't even have a chance eof seeing the light of day
Don't know malos

suggest taking a look at my reasoning's again, because I can assure you there are more nuances that what you've said here.
Your reasonings does not convince me nor wasn't detailed to consider

And if we're so adamant, then what does Shulk have in common with Lightning as well? Because from where I'm sitting, she just looks like the 'generic, swing-a-sword-around' type you're accusing my suggestions of being.
both are Modern JRG Protagonists who use futuristic weaponry and at the end of both of their respective games become God Slayers.
There's more to it but that's what I found so far

Idk man, i have never watched Soul Eater, my friend just says that these characters have different roles, different personalities, different abilities
Here are the themes of Satsuki vs. Death the Kid:
  1. Prodigies from a young age.
  2. Despite being strong in their own right, they're weaker compared to their siblings.
  3. They found allies from a different social class than them. (Satsuki found the Elite Four, individuals who come from different social backgrounds than them. Death the Kid found the Thompson Sisters, who lived most of their lives from slums of New York and made friends with Maka and Black☆Star.)
  4. Foiling Ideologies. (Ambition is reserved for those who strive to be the best and those who don't are pigs in human clothing vs. For order to occur, Good and Evil must be balanced in all things, one cannot overpower the other.)
  5. Reliant on some form of synthesis to help make themselves stronger than before.
  6. Multiple forms to tap into.
  7. Capable of doing CQ/Long Range Combat.
  8. Flashiness with their abilities
  9. They share abilities/behaviors similar their parents.
  10. They follow the aspect of the child either carrying on/destroying the legacy their parents left/leave behind.

Here are the themes of Satsuki vs. Death the Kid:
  1. Prodigies from a young age.
  2. Despite being strong in their own right, they're weaker compared to their siblings.
  3. They found allies from a different social class than them. (Satsuki found the Elite Four, individuals who come from different social backgrounds than them. Death the Kid found the Thompson Sisters, who lived most of their lives from slums of New York and made friends with Maka and Black☆Star.)
  4. Foiling Ideologies. (Ambition is reserved for those who strive to be the best and those who don't are pigs in human clothing vs. For order to occur, Good and Evil must be balanced in all things, one cannot overpower the other.)
  5. Reliant on some form of synthesis to help make themselves stronger than before.
  6. Multiple forms to tap into.
  7. Capable of doing CQ/Long Range Combat.
  8. Flashiness with their abilities
  9. They share abilities/behaviors similar their parents.
  10. They follow the aspect of the child either carrying on/destroying the legacy their parents left/leave behind.
I literally sent him your list of connections, he didn't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back