• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so i made the most idiotic Death Battle Theory
On 3:26 the track begins sounding kinda like DBZ's intro, Rock The Dragon and the theory is that basically this track's instrumentals should've been originally used as a track for Goku vs Superman 3, but they cancelled Goku vs Supes 3 and instead we got Ryu vs Jin
Now you can put this theory in your DB icebergs or some shit like that

RikuVSMetaKnight.jpg
Untitled641_20210407234840.jpg

To be fair, fighting game canon is infamously tricky to figure out.
Depends on which you talking, Tekken isnt hard for example, but you gotta pay attention to certain stuff, there are some haxes found around that no one brought up to discussions

Where as something like Mortal Kombat with its timelines shenanigans or Street Fighter which shares a universe with other titles and having the chronology of all taking place differently, is harder

They had questionable takes on the thing even recently.

Roshi wasn't allowed to have Ultra Instinct because the manga isn't canon to the anime (as if one of the two was more canon than the other), but Toei Broly and Kale were considered for Super Broly because "They are basically the same character"
If anything the manga is more canon than the anime because the manga is the original source material

Also the anime needed to follow toriyama vision, the manga not as much, he looks over it, but it wasnt as strict with the anime, toyotaro has more freedom with it at the end of the day

Both are canon regardless, but they are different canon from one another, also the anime is in this case taking priority over manga

The anime is also cancelled, unlike the manga who is still going with Toryama involvement
The anime was never cancelled. Of course we've been given no news of another season, but it is hardly cancelled, especially when you consider the fact that the Broly movie was far more in line with the anime than the manga, what with the portrayal of SSJ Blue as having an aura, being stamina efficient, and the interviews which stated Kaioken and Evolution were only left out because they wanted to avoid having Goku and Vegeta break their limits so soon after ToP (which makes little sense but oh well).

Also the anime needed to follow toriyama vision, the manga not as much, he looks over it, but it wasnt as strict with the anime, toyotaro has more freedom with it at the end of the day

Both are canon regardless, but they are different canon from one another, also the anime is in this case taking priority over manga
This is probably the best take away, both are canon, but the anime has more prominence, especially in matters of merchandise and extended canon.

The anime was never cancelled. Of course we've been given no news of another season, but it is hardly cancelled, especially when you consider the fact that the Broly movie was far more in line with the anime than the manga, what with the portrayal of SSJ Blue as having an aura, being stamina efficient, and the interviews which stated Kaioken and Evolution were only left out because they wanted to avoid having Goku and Vegeta break their limits so soon after ToP (which makes little sense but oh well).
The anime has been in hiatus for longer than it aired lol, also the Broly movie used manga SSB, plus manga exclusive SSG Vegeta, what you said was straight up incorrect, manga SSB does have an aura

The anime has been in hiatus for longer than it aired lol, also the Broly movie used manga SSB, plus manga exclusive SSG Vegeta, what you said was straight up incorrect, manga SSB does have an aura
Manga Blue only has an aura in its pseudo-kaioken state, in fact having an aura appear in Perfected Blue is outright stated and shown to be detrimental otherwise.

That's not really saying much, that's like saying one week old garbage smells better then two week old garbage.
They're both garbage, and GT for all it's issues certainly felt more like a continuation
Personally, I just enjoy Super for the thrill of the action, sure it gets annoying qhen the plot becomes an incoherent mess, but I never really enjoyed Dragon Ball for some grand Tolkein-esque story, Dragon Ball was only meant to be a comedic and light-hearted adventure + battle manga afterall.

GT...I know has its merits, but I can't lie and say I enjoy much except the occasional good fight. Whilst Super's plot feels like a mess, GT's plot feels like a boing mess. That being said, I have friends who enjoy its fights and designs, so there's no reason to get too hung-over it.

Personally, I just enjoy Super for the thrill of the action, sure it gets annoying qhen the plot becomes an incoherent mess, but I never really enjoyed Dragon Ball for some grand Tolkein-esque story, Dragon Ball was only meant to be a comedic and light-hearted adventure + battle manga afterall.
I get that, I just feel in comparison to the OG manga and Z it feels mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back