• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dceu Superman resistance to mind fuckery

Status
Not open for further replies.
8230175-080b5ba6-e3d7-4f08-a4af-8bff66ac5900.jpeg

Zack synder states the reason why Clark becomes susceptible to the ALE is because darkseid bodied Lois, which would imply him being able to resist it under normal circumstances

“Or if someone lost someone close to them they might become Susceptible to a certain Equation and blame a certain Bat for events that a too soon Bruce would know nothing about.”
https://www.forsnydercut.com/announ...-why-superman-is-evil-in-knightmare-sequence/

So Clark should probably get resistance to mind and empathetic manipulation

pretty sure this implies a limit to the DCEU anti life equation, not the other way around
also do we even take word of gods that aren't supported by anything in the movie?

also do we even take word of gods that aren't supported by anything in the movie?
Yeah I'm super iffy on this. Snyder's WoG is also incredibly random and high bally at times, with his Tier 5 Doomsday/Steppenwolf statement.
DCEU anti life equation, not the other way around
It depends. Its resistance if the Anti-Life Equation doesn't have some weirdly specific weakness like, idk, being a good person. If its just "Has strong will" then it counts as a resistance feat.

It depends. Its resistance if the Anti-Life Equation doesn't have some weirdly specific weakness like, idk, being a good person. If its just "Has strong will" then it counts as a resistance feat.
The statement applies to everyone, not just superman. Everyone would need something on lois's death level to be affected. Unless I'm misreading it.

pretty sure this implies a limit to the DCEU anti life equation, not the other way around
How? The anti life has the power to control the life of just about anyone in the multivrese. This should be a feat for Clark

The statement applies to everyone, not just superman. Everyone would need something on lois's death level to be affected. Unless I'm misreading it.
Um no it doesn’t, synder is specifically talking about supes
Yeah I'm super iffy on this. Snyder's WoG is also incredibly random and high bally at times, with his Tier 5 Doomsday/Steppenwolf statement.

Different doomsday, what about steppenwolf?

what about steppenwolf?
Its his quote that Steppenwolf fought the original Doomsday who's the one that supposedly cracked the moon.

Anyways I'm just not for this. Its a statement in regards to something that was never mind, was still in the planning stage and something that I'm rather confident WB isn't going to do.

It is isn’t referring to just anyone though. The quote was taken from a response from Zack that was explaining why Superman was evil in the Knightmare scene. The first “someone” specifically refers to Supes while the “someone close to them” is specifically Lois. Just by reading the rest of the quote will clue you into it being specifically about Clark as a random person suffering an equivalent loss to Clark won’t just suddenly blame Batman like how Knightmare Supes was bloodlusted for Batman.

Let’s not forget how much of a chad Snyder has Superman set up as in his movies. Ignoring all the comparisons of Supes to god and Jesus, Snyder made Clark so powerful by BvS that the only way to kill him was to have him massively hold back against Batman to get Krypto-gassed, still be able to somewhat fight baby Doomsday > Zod, die to a nuke, come back to life where he is still be able to almost match a DD far stronger than before a while still massively nerfed from the lingering kryptonite, can still use his powers despite holding a kryptonite spear, kill DD with a 7 inch hole through where his heart was, and then come back to life once more where he treats everything else in the SnyderCut like ants underfoot. Like …. the very sound of him dying was the only reason the Mother Boxes even had the balls to wake up from their nap and call Steppenwolf.

This is definitely a feat for Supes.

Its his quote that Steppenwolf fought the original Doomsday who's the one that supposedly cracked the moon.

Anyways I'm just not for this. Its a statement in regards to something that was never mind, was still in the planning stage and something that I'm rather confident WB isn't going to do.
That …… doesn’t matter? We see the very scene that Zack is talking about in the SnyderCut and that it happens.

That …… doesn’t matter
It does. We didn't take the 5-B statement they gave Captain Marvel before her movie came out and we're not doing it for Superman. It's a basic plot element with no story backing. There's nothing to rate.

You mean when it just said wolf “survived” an encounter with doomsday? That doesn’t necessarily means he boxed with him.

um no it was, synder already had storyboards for justice league 2-3 and a 5 movie arc planned for Clark. This was very much planned. I don’t see how wb not wanting to continue the synderverse is relevant here in anyway shape or form

Last edited:
It does. We didn't take the 5-B statement they gave Captain Marvel before her movie came out and we're not doing it for Superman. It's a basic plot element with no story backing. There's nothing to rate.
You mean when brie Larson said she can move planets? That’s not the same as WoG

No. No it doesn’t. We see it happen on screen. Zack’s words are literally an explanation of what we see since the movie itself wasn’t able to give us exposition.

I kinda dislike this

We know unto nothing about the Anti-Life beyond what it can do. We have no idea if breaking someone is necessary for the Equation to work or even how it can infect everyone in the Multiverse

I kinda dislike this

We know unto nothing about the Anti-Life beyond what it can do. We have no idea if breaking someone is necessary for the Equation to work or even how it can infect everyone in the Multiverse
It would kinda be a bit inconvenient for the cosmic mguffin needing a broken person in order to take affect. Especially since it’s supposed to be the key to taking over the multivrese

I kinda doubt a multivreseal super weapon
Why? Everyone has doubt or negative thoughts, Superman being immune to it could be his paragon nature. The issue is we don't know what it does or how it works, so using it as a justification for mind resistance is incredibly shaky.

Why? Everyone has doubt or negative thoughts, Superman being immune to it could be his paragon nature. The issue is we don't know what it does or how it works, so using it as a justification for mind resistance is incredibly shaky.
Because it’s a massive endgame weapon. Dceu has never implied the existence of paragons so I doubt it. It’s literally stated what it dose

(0:16)

I don’t see how seeing as it “shaky” when it’s literally stated to control people

Okay but why are you assuming that it needs this extra thing to work on people when it was never stated that it does, just that it was required for Superman?

We are told ALE can do X in SnyderCut and Zack says it doesn’t work on Supes unless Y happens.

That’s a pretty blatant resistance.

Not really when that’s all you need to do to wipe out half of the population of the universe(or snap)
It’s required tho since it’s a huge property of the theoretical weapon which we could not deduce solely from knowledge before it’s actual appearance
yes we literally do

(0:15)

Literally all we know is that it controls minds under unquantifiable methods and timeframe

That’s it, no greater understanding of its properties or antifeats and it’s unlikely we ever will since the SnyderVerse is dead. Hell we don’t even have numbers for the DCEU or it’s greater Multiverse to even quantify the mind control and we see that people on Earth are unaffected (the Insurgence)

No weakness of the sort is stated on his profile, I think we should add it if there are doubts about it taking too long or something

No weakness of the sort is stated on his profile, I think we should add it if there are doubts about it taking too long or something
Is the ALE even listed on his profile? If so that should be removed since we don’t have that info and agreed for the profile to cover what we see of Darkseid

It’s required tho since it’s a huge property of the theoretical weapon which we could not deduce solely from knowledge before it’s actual appearance

Literally all we know is that it controls minds under unquantifiable methods and timeframe

That’s it, no greater understanding of its properties or antifeats and it’s unlikely we ever will since the SnyderVerse is dead. Hell we don’t even have numbers for the DCEU or it’s greater Multiverse to even quantify the mind control and we see that people on Earth are unaffected (the Insurgence)
It kinda isn’t though when you just have to snap your fingers. Why do we need to deduce the property’s of a theoretical weapon when we’re at least given info on what it can do?

which would grant Clark mind resistance, it seems to work pretty instantaneously seeing as how darkseid used it on Clark

Why do we need greater understanding of it when we’re straight up told what it dose and that Clark can probably resist it’s affects. A multivrese consist of multiple universes so at bare minimum there are like two or three. I don’t exactly see how the resistance would be unaffected by it when we don’t even know if darksied even attempted to use it on them

Last edited:
I guess generic mental resistance is fine to add then. Though I think there's nothing more to it at the moment besides that.

Something like that. But Multiversal range also implies more than it does in my view. Though that could just be how people associate the term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back