• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Rating Revamp Project (Why 4-B is wrong whether or not it's an upgrade or downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also fairly sure League of One mentions Diana can never fight a serious Supes and we probably have references to how he holds back all over the place

Idk I can see Supergirl being useful here and I do recall Gods like Poseidon dabbing on Supes

I do agree we need to scale less people to him tho

So this would be like Diana and such right?
An alternate universe (Flashpoint) Diana survives the Infinite-Mass Kick from Flash, which was calc'd at 5-A, and has 5-B feats herself, as well as being stronger then Donna Troy who has a 5-B feat so...probably.

Serious Supergirl should scale to serious Superman, if not somewhat exceeding him. Which makes her casual Tier 5 feats useful.

As for Green Lanterns, there's this frggin MASSIVE respect thread for the entire Corps. It's old as heck (so old that New 52 wasnt even a thing) but it should help. It has citations but theyre kind of annoying to get to (each scan is named after the issue its from, so you have t download the images to see), so it shoud make researching easier.
Thank you. Is somebody willing to help her out?

It was brought up already, seems it ain't valid because the black hole was probably going to eat the planets overtime.

Also is it possible to calc superman rocking the solar system when fighting darkseid?

It was brought up already, seems it ain't valid because the black hole was probably going to eat the planets overtime.

Also is it possible to calc superman rocking the solar system when fighting darkseid?
it probably wouldn't be impressive, shaking the galaxy is only 4-B

FanofRPGs said:
Could you tell them for the Black Hole feat that I reread the story? Yes, it destroys solar systems over time, but that is not what Captain Atom was referring to. That wasn't revealed until after the nature of the Black Hole/Mnenom was shown to the JL. At the time, Captain Atom said that he meant "goodbye solar system" as though it was a normal black hole being able to do it. That means they put Superman to the task of doing that as though they believed he could handle a black hole that somehow can destroy a solar system through a timeframe and means they never specified. We know by basic science a dust-sized black hole couldn't destroy a solar system. We also know the reality that it wouldn't instantly destroy the solar system in the first place, that it was overtime, but the JLA didn't yet know that and assumed Superman could stop a solar system-destroying black hole. I personally can take that as CIS/PIS potentially, and the fact is the black hole, in reality, wasn't solar system level, and yet its girth and gravitational pull was already straining and crushing Superman down even before it started unleashing psychic attacks, so CIS/PIS makes the most sense.
Also, I calculated the rocking solar system feat, it was 5-A

Also, the reason Superman keeps up in cosmic events is passive tier 1 fate manipulation/plot shielding. Other characters might be more powerful than him on paper, but the plot bends to Superman for them to pull some PIS/CIS and lower their guard or let themselves get outsmarted. This is how he keeps up with technically much more powerful characters like Kyle, Hal, Jon, and Wally. That's just my opinion, however.

Holding a black hole that is 4-B will at most be high 4-C by such extreme wank that the black hole would have made borderline comparable to that of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Amelia was sent a more complete message to post.

Last edited:
Should I be alerted for which feats remain unattended? Like unevaluated or uncalculated?

There is a guy with passive High 1-A plot manipulation... what's so farfetched?
Gilgamesh was actually made to have that ability in mind. Superman having plot manipulation isn't something that has ever actually been addressed beyond exceptionally metaphorical statements on the same level of accuracy as putting minecraft players at 8D because of the end poem.

Here's the adjusted message:
Maddie (previously FanofRPGs) said:
For the Black Hole feat, I reread the story Yes, it destroys solar systems over time, we literally see that being the case in the beginning of the comic. However, that is not what Captain Atom was referring to. That wasn't revealed to the JL until after the nature of the Black Hole/Mnenom was unveiled. At the time Captain Atom said that he meant "goodbye solar system" as though it was a normal black hole being able to do it. That means they put Superman to the task of doing that as though they believed he could handle a black hole that somehow can destroy a solar system through a timeframe and means they never specified. We know by basic science a dust-sized black hole couldn't destroy a solar system, because a dust-sized black hole would weigh about as much as a small planet (Here is the calc https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Holds_a_Miniature_Black_Hole_.28March_2003.29), and on that basis alone we could potentially disqualify Captain Atom's word. Furthermore, we also know the reality that it wouldn't instantly destroy the solar system in the first place and that in reality, it would be destroying it planet by planet, but the JLA didn't yet know that and assumed Superman could stop a naturally occurring 4-B black hole. However, this can be seen as CIS/PIS because, in hindsight, we know the black hole isn't even solar system level anyways and yet its girth and gravitational pull were already straining and crushing Superman down even before it started unleashing psychic attacks. This means he was struggling with a 5-A to 4-C Black Hole, not a 4-B one, contradicting what characters implicitly believed Superman would be capable of.

Actually, in fact, how would Superman holding a black hole gives him 4-B? He isn't destroying it, just holding its mass and gravity to the best he can. Does Atom mean it would destroy the solar system if it somehow exploded? Well with mass-energy of 22.77 Foe, that would put a black hole at a mass of 2.53350418e28 kilograms which going back to my calculation prior to plugging in the mass would net 2e28 joules (High 6-A) to hold. Gravity waves are light speed, even by basic logic it should take a few hours to have its gravity reach the whole solar system, but let's ignore that and assume Captain Atom assumed the black hole had enough gravity to put enough pressure to destroy Neptune (Mass of Neptune * its gravity from 29.603330 AU away). Using this calculator, I get that giving the black hole a mass of 1646957 suns (2.60946805e36 joules or 5-A if you ask) which then inputting back and assuming Superman is 100 KG and the device holding the black hole is 1 cm in size, would make him endure 2.186366e29 newtons force, a lot of force, but not remotely solar system level. So by no means is holding this black hole going to even result in 4-B even if it can destroy the solar system.

As for the Solar System rocking feat, here is the calc https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U....22Rock_the_Solar_System_.28November_2007.29; it is not 4-B.

Gilgamesh was actually made to have that ability in mind. Superman having plot manipulation isn't something that has ever actually been addressed beyond exceptionally metaphorical statements on the same level of accuracy as putting minecraft players at 8D because of the end poem.
I think that it was mentioned outright in the Doomsday Clock storyline that the entire DC multiverse revolves around and transforms due to changes to Superman.

After Death Metal the editorial department changed that to Wonder Woman, but nevertheless.

Why was hellbeast removed😳.
Something like plot armour should be added on this wiki, pretty sure ichigo and superman will be high into it.

Saw another hellbeast with a stroke on his/her name on another thread.
Okay.

Anyway, Amelia and Impress, are you willing to accept the above help from FanofRPGs, despite that you have a bad history with him?

Shouldnt Superman have a ''likely higher'' in his tier then?
likely far higher I would call.

I need more time to evaluate on some of the other feats. I will give official replies on blogs, or I will create one myself should needs arise

Or... would there be actually more differentiation against every Justice League characters? Such that some characters will stick to far higher or far lower feats depending on the case?
As we are revamping the feat yields and whom scaled from those.

Last edited:
If it's possibly can you paraphrase Maddie's statements?

I am greatly annoyed as is by this ban-bypassing, least you could do is at least TRY to not make it that apparent.

FanofRPGs is still banned. He is just providing Firestorm808 with useful information, which is fine with me at least.

I am reevaluating it with other calculations.
One site says 97 FOE while another says half 4-B
That’s still support for 4-B, and Antvasima said something about Green Lantern’s specifically being High 4-C feat. IMP is a pretty blatant feat, we shouldn’t just write it off but try to find support for it. There’s Superman tanking 50 supernovas, him breaking chains that bound stars across interstellar distances, dying Alan Scott being capable of destroying solar system, etc.

That’s still support for 4-B, and Antvasima said something about Green Lantern’s specifically being High 4-C feat. IMP is a pretty blatant feat, we shouldn’t just write it off but try to find support for it. There’s Superman tanking 50 supernovas, him breaking chains that bound stars across interstellar distances, dying Alan Scott being capable of destroying solar system, etc.
But then this is performed by a Superman who held back at different degrees at different times.

Everyone on the VS sites want somebody more consistent.

Also I myself believe that the IMP should still stay at this range.

And we have had Mechagodzilla (Kiryu) who has some large country attack from its Absolute Zero Cannon which uses up 40% of total power reserves for one shot and then every Godzilla Millennium characters scale. So maybe we should be more lenient towards the scaling of DC heralds from Wally.

But then this is performed by a Superman who held back at different degrees at different times.

Well, Superman took the supernova blast while weakened, and breaking the star chains was also implied to not be that hard to him. By the way, can Post Crisis and Post Flashpoint be scaled to each other? Cause there’s Mogo illuminating the universe too then.

Also, sorry for going a little off topic, I just don’t know where to find it. Could anyone please link me firestorm’s tier 2 DC debunks?

That's why I've been saying superman should just be written as varies or unknown . Cause his PL fluctuates based on the story.

Yeah. Varied should only be used for those who have canon reasons for varying power. Captain Atom is one of the few with in-canon explaination and reasons. (I need to start fixing him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back