• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Rating Revamp Project (Why 4-B is wrong whether or not it's an upgrade or downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durability going down is just stupid. Superman would have no reason to do that other than that specific instance where he made it appear like he was hurt.
It would explain how sometimes he appears weaker than say Shazam and other times stronger. Again him holding back is a subconscious thing and him holding back AP will also be related to him holding back dura, so it makes sense even if there is no direct reason for it.

Given how messy stories and standings and "seriousness" of Post-Crisis Superman and Post-Flashpoint Superman are, instead of finding a minimum for Superman, we should find a maximum potential of Superman and call off that level a likely standing of Superman, adding a "likely far higher".

And we should continue to investigate feats by non-Superman DC herald or skyfather characters.

It would explain how sometimes he appears weaker than say Shazam and other times stronger. Again him holding back is a subconscious thing and him holding back AP will also be related to him holding back dura, so it makes sense even if there is no direct reason for it.
Holding back dura is nonsensical. Clark has a reason to hold back Attack Potency, but not durability

Fine, we can close this btw
If you wish to postpone this project until you are ready with preparations, that is fine with me.

Do the rest of the staff and knowledgeable members here find it acceptable if I close this thread?

If you wish to postpone this project until you are ready with preparations, that is fine with me.

Do the rest of the staff and knowledgeable members here find it acceptable if I close this thread?
Are we going to reopen it once all the scaling is done? Without changing anything at the profiles yet right now?

Given how messy Superman feats are, maybe we should look at whether feats by other characters are just as stupid and fluctuating.

Impress and Amelia are planning to start a DC Comics revision (for the non-cosmic characters as a whole) after they have finished with their preparations, and have apparently agreed to use the information that Firestorm808 found.

Last edited:
Impress and Amelia are planning to start a DC Comics revision (for the non-cosmic characters at a whole) after they have finished with their preparations, and have apparently agreed to use the information that Firestorm808 found.
I am fine with this.

Just... I would like @Firestorm808 to make sure to also look at feats by members other than Superman, Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

Also, maybe one wishes to make a table of important battles of which character at which key phase fights against which character at which key phase. This will really give a good idea of how scaling actually goes.

You would not have to interact with Fan, and Firestorm808 is very well-mannered and hard-working with doing research on his own. They are very different people.

I just think that it would be a shame for all of his research work in this area to possibly go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back