• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who's picking up the series on issue #14 apparently worked on Sandman things, so I expect good things.

Honestly. the only thing I can really complain about is the vagueness of what God is right now and why he chose to kill himself in the first place. But, maybe that'll be explained next issue.

He has reverted to his old testament personality.

That would make sense. Considering they fuesed and all. But why would he want to realese it on the world? Oh well, like you said, we'll know in a month.

I am not so sure that the current Lucifer writer knows about the Great Evil Beast.

Well, Elaine said that she can not tell what other gods, such as the Presence, are thinking, in the previous issue, and Mazikeen had the advantage of constantly being told what attacks to expect from the archangels, so she could avoid them.

My take on the latest issue:

- Mazikeen and Gabriel were under precognition, so they knew what to expect from the entire heavenly army. Similarly, only Michael Demiurgos was notable among, being powerful enough to challenge the duo.

- The obvious difference in power between the Demiurges and regular Archangels and Seraphs should just be ignored as the writer not caring for consistent powerscaling

- Regardless, this would mean that both Gabriel's current form and Mazikeen Morningstar are Possibly 1-A.

Now for the meat of the issue:

The confrontation between Lucifer and The Presence (?) was very well written and interesting. It's been made clear that whatever the being is, it is not Yahweh as Lucifer knew, and possibly not as powerful too, as it is intimidated by Elaine Belloc.

Regardless of what he really is, I enjoyed how Lucifer won through intellect and trickery. It's far more the character's and Vertigo's style than simply a Multiverse Destroying fight, although such battles may still happen in latter issues considering how both Presence and Michael are around.

I like that Evil Presence said Michael and Lucifer are both capable of creating and destroying "worlds", which in this storyline' context refers to all existence / creation. It's a bit feat / statement, but it's nice to have.

As for Elaine, I'm uncertain if she is really angered by Lucifer's actions, as she is still the Omniscient Narrator of the comic.

Oh, and I also found Lucifer and Mazikeen being together again cute.

Holly Black obviously doesn't care much for mainstream DC Comics, nor much for the overall narrative of Vertigo titles, but her claim is overall meaningless. As a whole, Vertigo is separated from DC, but many of Vertigo's titles share a larger multiverse with DC.

I agree wih Matthew. The Endless have crossed over with the regular DC continuity often enough to make it impossible to keep Vertigo fully separate.

And Holly Black is leaving the series after this month's issue anyway, so her opinions on weather or not her series is or isn't canon to DC will cease to be relevant.

I recall that Dan Didio has made a similar comment, but he seemingly has almost no idea what he is doing in general.

That argument is null. Hellblazer kept going until finishing on issue 300 well after New 52 happened.

We also got more Sandman and now a sequel to Lucifer.

Everything else Vertigo publishes nowadays is disconnected to DC proper it seems, but Sandman and Lucifer cannot be separated.

She doesn't know that The Presence exist in DC and she thinks that Vertigo doesn't have any connection to DC.And I think im the one who's been uploading those tweets on comicvine I just found those tweets on Spacebattles where they compile DC feats

Lucifer's character always change.He's very different from the David Bowie look alike when he first appeared in Sandman.Then he changed again when Morpheus went back to hell to take back Nada.When he appeared in the last issues of Sandman thats when his character changed to being serious,narcissitic Lucifer who never smiles.The current Lucifer is very similar to the sunset loving Lucifer who met Spectre and when he handed Hell to Morpheus

Well, first and for most... I do like her Lucifer Run mostly. It's notably way less philosophical and developed then it's predecessors, but I found it fun.

Though I am glad she left and is being replaced.

What's most funny about her tweet is that I'm seeing people literally using it to claim her series is non-canon and that The Presence is still Omnipotent.

Well, the series is definitely still canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back