• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Manga: God Tier speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so... I don't see why we can't at minimum take the distance between Earth and Yardrat and then multiply it by the number of times IT was used across this distance. Vegeta is a literal newbie at IT and couldn't use it again after he warped to Earth in the Moro Arc. Granolah, who was zipping all over the place with, would 100% be able to do at least that much via being better at the technique.

Okay so... I don't see why we can't at minimum take the distance between Earth and Yardrat and then multiply it by the number of times IT was used across this distance. Vegeta is a literal newbie at IT and couldn't use it again after he warped to Earth in the Moro Arc. Granolah, who was zipping all over the place with, would 100% be able to do at least that much via being better at the technique.
A couple reasons;

As stated earlier the jumps Goku was taking away from Planet Cereal wasn't necessarily in a straight line; can't just multiply the distance by the number of jumps.

The distance between Goku teleporting from person to person that he can sense and the distance that Vegeta teleports from Yardrat to Earth have nothing to do with each other. I can see how you can say "If Vegeta can teleport X distance and he's a noob, then Goku/Gas can teleport a lot further than that"... but that doesn't actually prove that each of the distances that Goku was teleporting across was further than what Vegeta teleported across.

Not sure about a lot of that, especially the last part given that Goku's trying to get as far away from Earth as possible, so like... why wouldn't he be traveling at minimum the distance that an utter noob to IT could do? That just seems very counterintuitive, so I wouldn't exactly consider it the most valid counterargument out there.

Not sure about a lot of that, especially the last part given that Goku's trying to get as far away from Earth as possible, so like... why wouldn't he be traveling at minimum the distance that an utter noob to IT could do? That just seems very counterintuitive, so I wouldn't exactly consider it the most valid counterargument out there.
He's trying to lure Gas away from Planet Cereal and he can't control the distance he teleports; he just senses someone and teleports to them. I'm not saying "Goku is intentionally teleporting a way lower distance than his maximum range", I'm saying there is no way of proving that each distance he teleported across was his maximum range, or further than Vegeta's teleportation between Yardrat and Earth.

I mean I feel as though Occam's Razor would kinda favor my interpretation more considering it's the much simpler interpretation of "he's going as far away as he can with each jump because he needs to go as far from Cereal as possible." Yes, I did forget they were on Cereal and thought they were on Earth

I mean I feel as though Occam's Razor would kinda favor my interpretation more considering it's the much simpler interpretation of "he's going as far away as he can with each jump because he needs to go as far from Cereal as possible." Yes, I did forget they were on Cereal and thought they were on Earth
I don't agree because you'd be assuming specific distances here; each teleportation is essentially a random unknown distance. Goku is teleportating to people he can sense, not necessarily people he can sense who are a minimum of X distance away from each other - and either way it still wouldn't be reasonable to assume it's all in a perfectly straight line as well.

I mean my more honest opinion is that some form of a universal distance (or even just part of it) makes most sense because "traveling across the universe" is pretty blatant as opposed to something like "the galaxy" or even "the stars", but it's clear nobody's gonna let that get accepted so why even bother.

Also Goku is also trying to warp as far away as he can, and especially given that he needs to use Instant Transmission little enough that he doesn't run out of energy (and he almost ran out of gas just trying to get to where Whis was to begin with). So, I don't really see how this counterargument works. It goes against what Goku's trying to do.

As for the straight line thing, it's whatever because you can't really assume he either does or doesn't. This is just kind of a necessary evil. And no, I'm not going to agree with "let's just not calc it at all."

"Let's not calc it at all" isn't an ideal solution but it's not automatically worse than a calc that has to make multiple dubious assumptions to get any kind of result at all. There are some calcs that just plain would not be accurate to use and would not be "better than nothing".

Also Goku is also trying to warp as far away as he can, and especially given that he needs to use Instant Transmission little enough that he doesn't run out of energy (and he almost ran out of gas just trying to get to where Whis was to begin with). So, I don't really see how this counterargument works. It goes against what Goku's trying to do.

Goku isn't necessarily trying to lead Gas as far as possible. What he's doing is creating a situation where Gas is tracking Goku from place to place, and then when Goku has put Gas in a safe position (next to Whis), he rapidly teleports away while Gas isn't focusing and then Gas can't teleport back the same route because he can't follow Goku's Ki.

That scenario (which is essentially what happened) doesn't require Goku to be teleporting to his limits each time.

Goku isn't necessarily trying to lead Gas as far as possible. What he's doing is creating a situation where Gas is tracking Goku from place to place, and then when Goku has put Gas in a safe position (next to Whis), he rapidly teleports away while Gas isn't focusing and then Gas can't teleport back the same route because he can't follow Goku's Ki.

That scenario (which is essentially what happened) doesn't require Goku to be teleporting to his limits each time.
Uh, that's only half right... Because he's doing that while also trying to lead him as far away from Cereal as possible. The whole point of Goku's maneuver was to buy time, so idk why he wouldn't be trying to do that

I'm currently leaning toward simply using the bare minimum IT distance (Earth-Yadrat). While it is a possibility that Goku may have not been traveling in a straight line, I still feel like it's more likely that he'd be trying to go as far as possible due to him trying to stall for time.

Uh, that's only half right... Because he's doing that while also trying to lead him as far away from Cereal as possible. The whole point of Goku's maneuver was to buy time, so idk why he wouldn't be trying to do that

The method by which he buys time is that Gas can't teleport back because he can't track Goku anymore. You'd be making additional assumptions that he was teleporting as far as he possibly could with each teleportation which isn't supported by the mechanics of how Instant Transmission works which is that he is only teleporting to people he is familiar with who he can sense.

The method by which he buys time is that Gas can't teleport back because he can't track Goku anymore. You'd be making additional assumptions that he was teleporting as far as he possibly could with each teleportation which isn't supported by the mechanics of how Instant Transmission works which is that he is only teleporting to people he is familiar with who he can sense.
He's buying time...

By going as far as possible...

Thus requiring Gas to take more time to get back...

This isn't some wild ass assumption or anything, it just makes a lot of logical sense

He's buying time...

By going as far as possible...

Thus requiring Gas to take more time to get back...

This isn't some wild ass assumption or anything, it just makes a lot of logical sense

Just because it's based on logic doesn't mean it's not an assumption.

I'll agree to disagree on that point. I'll save further arguments until I actually see the calc.

Gimme an Earth-Yardrat distance and I gotchu
Okay.
This is the distance between Earth and Namek.
QjYXOst.png
This is a globe from the Daizenshuu depicting the positions of some planets in the universe.
We can see the distance between Earth and Namek. However, this map has been replaced with this one, which we CAN use for scaling.
gNy556i.png

Then do the following:
  • Use the previous map to pinpoint the positions of the planets (Earth and Namek) in the second map.
  • Pixelscale, based on how the universe was scaled in the blog I linked earlier, the distance between Earth and Namek.
  • Consider that it takes at least 18 days (Low End) up to 23 days (High End) to get to Namek from Earth with a space pod.
  • Calculate Space Pod's speed
  • Consider that it takes 5 days to travel from Yardrat to Namek.
  • Low End: Low End Speed*5 days (in seconds) - Distance between Namek and Earth
  • High End: High End Speed*5 days (in seconds) - Distance between Namek and Earth
So, given we do accept ships and forms of travel that have no reason to be inconsistent as usable for stacking calculations, there is one way to figure out how far away Yardrat is.

We have the following information:
With this, we can, by using the map and knowing how far away Namek was from Earth (which we know), figure out how far away Yardrat was from Earth.
Even if we assume Yardrat is in the direction of Earth across from Namek (worst case scenario), it still comes up to 4/5ths of the way to Namek.

Okay.

This is a globe from the Daizenshuu depicting the positions of some planets in the universe.
We can see the distance between Earth and Namek. However, this map has been replaced with this one, which we CAN use for scaling.
gNy556i.png

Then do the following:
  • Use the previous map to pinpoint the positions of the planets (Earth and Namek) in the second map.
  • Pixelscale, based on how the universe was scaled in the blog I linked earlier, the distance between Earth and Namek.
  • Consider that it takes at least 18 days (Low End) up to 23 days (High End) to get to Namek from Earth with a space pod.
  • Calculate Space Pod's speed
  • Consider that it takes 5 days to travel from Yardrat to Namek.
  • Low End: Low End Speed*5 days (in seconds) - Distance between Namek and Earth
  • High End: High End Speed*5 days (in seconds) - Distance between Namek and Earth
can't pixel scale using this map as it is not in scale and as such the distance between the 2 points is also not in scale, this map is officially rejected as being usable in this wiki in this thread, so to use to it to get the size of any distance, or the size of anything is a no

Last edited:
Actually, we can somehow create a calculation based on the ideas that “The universe is divided into four galaxies” (Daizeenshuu 7: p.36) and that Namek is outside North Kai´s jurisdiction (which means it is in another sector of the universe) showed in chapter 329 of DBZ

Then we divide the number of galaxies in the observable universe by 4 and then proceed with the calculation using things like mid-ends, high-ends & etcetera

I'm currently leaning toward simply using the bare minimum IT distance (Earth-Yadrat). While it is a possibility that Goku may have not been traveling in a straight line, I still feel like it's more likely that he'd be trying to go as far as possible due to him trying to stall for time.

I share the exact same sentiment here

Actually, we can somehow create a calculation based on the ideas that “The universe is divided into four galaxies” (Daizeenshuu 7: p.36) and that Namek is outside North Kai´s jurisdiction (which means it is in another sector of the universe) showed in chapter 329 of DBZ

Then we divide the number of galaxies in the observable universe by 4 and then proceed with the calculation using things like mid-ends, high-ends & etcetera

Not bad

23.4 billion light years as a lowball… for sure.

Based on positioning 47 billion is closer to accuracy since Namek is at the other side of the universe. So would a mid ball of 47 billion light years be acceptable? @CloverDragon03

Sure.

Earth is located on the right-most edge of the North Quadrant, and Namek is located in the middle of West Quadrant based on the maps given earlier.

can't pixel scale using this map as it is not in scale and as such the distance between the 2 points is also not in scale, this map is officially rejected as being usable in this wiki in this thread, so to use to it to get the size of any distance, or the size of anything is a no

Oh yeah; I was sure we had a thread to discuss the viability of that map but couldn't remember for sure, but thanks for bringing that up.

Yeah that map ain't to scale, can't get anything from it (from sizes to distances)
So, based on these factors:

Sure.

Earth is located on the right-most edge of the North Quadrant, and Namek is located in the middle of West Quadrant based on the maps given earlier.
Also, a interesting about it is that this is supported by the manga:
iUGZspq_d.webp

Which increases the credibility of the position of the planets given by the map

You should be able to get away with using 25% of the universe diameter.

Seems like the calc will be ready for evaluation soon. I'll give my thoughts on it once it is up.

that mean minimum IT = nearby planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back