• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Manga: God Tier speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage pointed out it is unlikely for Yardrat to be outside of the galaxy, given Goku land-crashed there from Namek. This implies Damage believes Yardrat and Namek are close to one another. I used the map to refute the notion that, even IF Yardrat was close to Namek, it wouldn't refute the idea that it's outside the Milky Way.

"That's honestly speculation on your side." wasn't it? None of these locations have any reason to be outside the Milky Way.

They watch over every star in the universe. If Yardrat, which is a planet with LIFE is outside of their jurisdiction, it's due to distance, nothing more could influence this.

This still doesn't answer why Goku needed to sense Ki in a particular direction to find things in another dimension.

What causes Goku to be forced back to the Other World after his time is up? Is it MAGIC?
No. It's not speculation, that's, in the most literal sense, how it is.

I'd love to, I think Low Multiversal for Dragon Ball is bogus, but I don't have the necessary evidence to refute the current interpretation since they're based around standards of the site.
I think this could help, where YARDRAT is out of their sight, which looks at the galaxy where the earth is located.

Chapter 55

Will post my thoughts on the new calc tomorrow, was getting something checked out.

What are your thoughts on the current calculation?

My biggest issue with the calc is that it assumes that in those Saiyan spaceships one can traverse 25% of the Universe's diameter in 20.5 days, or in other words one can cross the Universe itself in 82 days.

But it took Vegeta and Nappa 335 days to travel to Earth [estimated to be one year, but they arrived a month early]. This seems to be an inconsistency with what is being assumed.

Also, the calc seemingly conflates volume and distance. King Kai's domain may extend over 25% of the volume of the Universe but I don't see why that would mean that mean that Namek being in a different section of the Universe would be 25% of the diameter of the Universe away. This is a pretty big assumption that ultimately there doesn't seem to be any way to prove.

I'm currently not in favor of the calc to be used.

My biggest issue with the calc is that it assumes that in those Saiyan spaceships one can traverse 25% of the Universe's diameter in 20.5 days, or in other words one can cross the Universe itself in 82 days.

But it took Vegeta and Nappa 335 days to travel to Earth [estimated to be one year, but they arrived a month early]. This seems to be an inconsistency with what is being assumed.

Also, the calc seemingly conflates volume and distance. King Kai's domain may extend over 25% of the volume of the Universe but I don't see why that would mean that mean that Namek being in a different section of the Universe would be 25% of the diameter of the Universe away. This is a pretty big assumption that ultimately there doesn't seem to be any way to prove.

The fact that Namek is just outside of his surveilance and not a given distance away?

Fine. Should I use the previously agreed 8000 light-year distance? Althought it will render the calculation useless for combat speed purposes, it's still a great travel speed feat.

Fine. Should I use the previously agreed 8000 light-year distance? Althought it will render the calculation useless for combat speed purposes, it's still a great travel speed feat.
I'm pretty sure the result would be noted as flight speed on the profiles regardless of the result as interstellar flight speed no longer scales directly to reaction/combat speed.

And as a reasonable low end, I think that distance should work for the calc.

We're just finding a way to calculate the feat that everyone agrees on, that's how a debate works
Dude, there's no point in insisting on this anymore, we tried several times and it continues to disagree, the only choice is to wait for the manga to have quotes about speed above light (only then to be accepted, if otherwise it won't go forward)

Dude, there's no point in insisting on this anymore, we tried several times and it continues to disagree, the only choice is to wait for the manga to have quotes about speed above light (only then to be accepted, if otherwise it won't go forward)
If you think that way i can´t do too much to change your opinion

I'm pretty sure the result would be noted as flight speed on the profiles regardless of the result as interstellar flight speed no longer scales directly to reaction/combat speed.

Is that a standard amongst all verses or was that decision made for Dragon Ball? What would stop him from scaling to this due to UES?

The blatant issue with the calc is that it relies on unknown factors that can only be narrowed down so much, even if earth is at the edge of the universe or rather one of the four quadrants and Namek/ yardrat are on a different quadrant from it in the cosmological scale they could be anywhere between 1 universal diameter away to just a few LYs away, and space pods sort of put a cap on how far away they can actually be because of Damages observation.

Even assuming Nappa and Vegeta were on the other side of the universe when they got to earth and travel speed of pods remains consistent the absolute maximum distance between earth-yardrat is roughly 1/8th of the universes radius.

The blatant issue with the calc is that it relies on unknown factors that can only be narrowed down so much, even if earth is at the edge of the universe or rather one of the four quadrants and Namek/ yardrat are on a different quadrant from it in the cosmological scale they could be anywhere between 1 universal diameter away to just a few LYs away, and space pods sort of put a cap on how far away they can actually be because of Damages observation.

Even assuming Nappa and Vegeta were on the other side of the universe when they got to earth and travel speed of pods remains consistent the absolute maximum distance between earth-yardrat is roughly 1/8th of the universes radius.
Which is still insane, mind you. Again, Goku required 5 of those instant transmissions to go back to Planet Cereal.

Weird how taking the "across the universe" version leads to far less assumptions and unknown factors

Is that a standard amongst all verses or was that decision made for Dragon Ball? What would stop him from scaling to this due to UES?
Dragon ball has this issue with ki rapidly draining over long distances, which means they stay at their max using burst moves, thus their combat speed>>>>>long distance travel speeds

So combat speed would scale to any travel speed but not the other way around

Great, so Dragon Ball can definitely be an exception.

It doesn't matter, Manga characters will scale above Gas feat in combat speed via scaling and supporting feats anyway, so let's not dive into this. I'll use the new agreed distance.
Well, I'll save quibbles on scaling for another time.

I was thinking.

It took 10 seconds for Kami's ship to go from Earth to Jupiter. That's an acceleration of 710 million meters per second. Space has no air resistance so it has no reason to slow down.
Can't we calculate the distance to Namek with that?

I was thinking.

It took 10 seconds for Kami's ship to go from Earth to Jupiter. That's an acceleration of 710 million meters per second. Space has no air resistance so it has no reason to slow down.
You know...that's actually quite a good method. Except if there is something from the manga I don't remember. Also, what about the scenario that it would slow down when encountering a meteor or space debris and such?

I was thinking.

I don't think we can assume constant acceleration over their entire journey to Namek; there'd be no way to prove that. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

You know...that's actually quite a good method. Except if there is something from the manga I don't remember. Also, what about the scenario that it would slow down when encountering a meteor or space debris and such?
Space is 99% empty, it's unlikely for them to encounter anything at all.
I don't think we can assume constant acceleration over their entire journey to Namek; there'd be no way to prove that. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.
What would stop them from constantly accelerating, realistically speaking?

What would stop them from constantly accelerating, realistically speaking?
It's not really "realistic" anywhere when we're in the realm of FTL travel/acceleration, but for all we know the ships have a maximum speed limit that they're capable of. We can't just assume that they can continue accelerating forever unless it is implied or alluded to.

And while space isn't filled with air, it's not completely empty either with molecules & radiation, other celestial bodies, etc. Ultimately, it's a pretty big assumption for constant acceleration. I don't think we ever treat anyone else flying through space to work like that.

It's not really "realistic" anywhere when we're in the realm of FTL travel/acceleration, but for all we know the ships have a maximum speed limit that they're capable of. We can't just assume that they can continue accelerating forever unless it is implied or alluded to.
We don't know that. What would cause a ship to have a maximum speed?
And while space isn't filled with air, it's not completely empty either with molecules & radiation, other celestial bodies, etc. Ultimately, it's a pretty big assumption for constant acceleration. I don't think we ever treat anyone else flying through space to work like that.
None of these would cause the ship to slow down.

The concept of constant acceleration in space travel is very much a thing IRL too, and we know Kami's ship has a constant propulsion system, which is seemingly Ki, that's maintained through 20 days.

Just because it can (presumably) accelerate for ten seconds to reach Jupiter does not mean we can assume it accelerates nonstop over 34 days. It's also possible that the ship just accelerated for one second and then cruised at a set speed for the following nine seconds to Jupiter.

There's too much unknown here.

Just because it can (presumably) accelerate for ten seconds to reach Jupiter does not mean we can assume it accelerates nonstop over 34 days.
I'm asking what'd cause this if we see the same Ki propulsion maintained for all the trajectory.
It's also possible that the ship just accelerated for one second and then cruised at a set speed for the following nine seconds to Jupiter.
No it's not. Why would it do that? This would also cause a greater acceleration speed.
The realistic approach would be a 4 second acceleration and a 4 second slow down.

I almost thought this thread was close to finishing...

Instead of speculating about more hypothetical options, let's just settle with what we've got, alright?

I almost thought this thread was close to finishing...

Instead of speculating about more hypothetical options, let's just settle with what we've got, alright?
Ehhhhhhh, so I might've f'd up and remembered the movie and the anime showing the nebula... And not the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back