• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader (Star Wars) vs Saitama (One Punch Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minstry of pain said:
By your logic seiya should be undefeatable due to they way bis character works no matter the odds stack against him seiya will always overcome his foe or get stronger than said foe. To put your logic isn't accepted as an argument here its fallacy in itself.
It's not fallacious to specify the artistic intent of a character. The feats and capabilities manifested by that character are the direct result of that artistic intent. If a character is introduced as someone that can't receive an entertaining battle because he only needs one punch and can't feel the thrill of battle because he can't be harmed, then the feats he accomplishes beyond that point aren't going to ever show his true potential and it would be an incomplete analysis to measure his abilities by them. For characters like Goku where the struggle and vulnerability is the intent of his character, then that's fine because that's in line with the artistic intent of his character. Goku gets stronger to win, meaning he wasn't that strong to begin with and therefore his abilities can be measured by his feats. Saitama will not "get" stronger. He was already that strong before the fight began, so the only concrete foundation to which we can measure his potential is based solely on how and why the character was introduced to begin with. If later the artist portrays Saitama as vulnerable, then we can start downgrading his ability. But for now all we have is an ∞. It's a fallacy to conclude that your analysis is more accurate by an evaluation of actions that cannot show his limits vs. the actual introduction of his character.

Drellix said:
Vader is capable of sub atomic manipulation. You know what that means? It means he can move molecules smaller then the atom. It navigates durability. Pyrokinesis. He sets fire to the inside of Saitamas brain and organs. Anyone also realize Vader can just hold him in the air?
Okay I was hoping it would be enough to simply specify what Saitama is. But I can tell you claim to be a man of science. In line with that claim I will hold your hand through a more realistic view of the scientific significance of Saitama's true nature. Gather 'round, children, it's time I lay some science on you. (I promise this is just playful trash-talk because we're engaged in a "sport of the mind," I'm not actually that condescending)

In Saitama's battle with Lord Boros, Boros attempted to destroy him with a beamed energy attack that had the potential to destroy the planet. Saitama neutralized it with a physical attack. Now, this is nothing new in anime culture, but it's virtually impossible physically speaking. Energy can't be "hit," only influenced. One possible hypothesis as to the mechanism by which Saitama could have done this has to do with the cosmic speed limit. See, if Boros' beam was primarily photon-based, then it would be influenced by black-hole level gravimetric force. Physical matter cannot exceed the speed of light because, as it approaches that speed, its mass increases, meaning it requires more energy to overcome its inertia and accelerate it any further. To accelerate matter beyond the speed of light requires infinite energy, which is not contained in our universe, and therefore matter cannot go faster than light. What this also means, however, is that an object accelerated near the speed of light takes on greater mass, and therefore exhibits greater influence on other mass in the form of gravity. That wouldn't seem to be a problem for Saitama, but the main problem is that Boros used that beam for more than an instant, and Saitama only threw one punch, so the gravity effect would not have lasted the entire beam. Also significant is the fact that the ground below and behind Saitama were undamaged and un-warped, meaning that the gravity could not have had an influence on anything but the space directly between Saitama and Boros. The only matter within that space were the gaseous particles making up the atmosphere. Saitama would have had to move the air particles so quickly that they formed trillions of black-hole like gravity fields that each absorbed some of the beam attack. Not only that, but he also had to punch it forward enough that particles didn't "explode" outward to damage anything but what was in front of him. Now, I don't have my pen and paper with me, but increasing relative speed and weight of particles that lightweight to a degree that they would be able to influence photonic energy, would require much more speed than the particles needed to overcome their inherent terminal velocity. If someone wants to run the calculation on this phenomenon to see how fast and how much energy Saitama's punch had to be, I'd be interested in hearing about it. But the long and the short of it is that Saitama's "Serious Punch" attack violated physical laws in that it had to contain more energy in it than what is contained in the universe. That also means that Saitama's body can hold, and therefore endure, infinite energy. All attacks are in essence energy, so regardless what attack is thrown at Saitama, regardless of what part of Saitama's body is attacked, ∞/anything is still ∞. So, scientifically speaking, Vader would not be able to influence any part of Saitama's body to any noticeable degree beyond what the already infinite energy contained therein would already be doing. It would be the equivalent to throwing a piece of Trix cereal at a Disney Cruise Ship and expecting to see it visibly move. Even if you went inside the ship and threw the tiny little delicious piece of purple crunchiness, it wouldn't make a difference.

The other analysis is this: During the Lord Boros incident, there were two prophets, both with evidenced ability to see events in the future with 100% accuracy, and both saying that Boros would destroy the world. Boros and Saitama admitted later that you can't trust prophecies, because Saitama one and the Earth was unharmed. This is significant in one of two ways. First, if their prophecies were "predictive" then that would mean that they had, at least subconsciously, an ability to be aware of the then present state of the universe and the direction it was physically destined to go based on cause and effect. Second, if their prophecies were "perceptive" then that would mean that they had a sensory connection to events further ahead in the timeline. Both are theoretically possible, either through uncanny wisdom or an exploitation of some phenomenon akin to a black hole. But what matters is the fact that they were wrong due to the actions of Saitama. With Saitama's interference, predetermined events were rewritten. If the prophecy was predictive, then that would mean that Saitama is able to violate physical laws (which we've already deduced is likely). If it's perceptive, then that means that Saitama is able to destroy quantum realities or pull his own reality into another quantum reality, both of which are again violations of physical laws. The long and the short of it though is that Saitama was not even visible to the prophets, which implies that he does not exist in a nature to which the flow of time or physics influences him, but he influences them. The only reasonable conclusion is that Saitama must win, even if the very fabric of reality is arranged toward his defeat.

Now, the anime portrays Saitama as a joke, and physics don't matter much if it comes at the cost of what's going to be most entertaining. But if you insist on applying science to Saitama, then it makes him a God able to rewrite reality with nothing more than violence. So you either have Vader lose because it would just be funnier for him to lose, or you'd have Vader lose because Saitama contains infinite energy and is not influenced by the reality as we know it. Either way, Vader loses.

Science!

^a small nipick of myself ^_^ : I wrote "one" instead of "won" and I meant wormhole, not black hole in the prophesy section.

Thanks @GreatestSin, I actually was looking all over for "molecule" in my giant post and thinking "WHY DID I WRITE SO MUCH!?"

@Knighteous

I just want to point out tthat putting actual physics into a show like this isn't really the best idea as as you pointed out it's not possible. Vader moves at 50% the speed of light and has actual high-speed reaction. And no ill effects to the universe. Therefore, completely negating pretty much any kind of physics, except the fact that if you can manipulate sub atomic atoms, you can restructure someone's body. To make it weaker. Already, Saitama is slower then Vader. Vader can manipulate his atoms in his body to make him weaker, then it ends.

Drellix said:
Oh and by the way I'm not a man of science. I actually am not good at science at all.
Just like I'm not a good calc person around here.

I am no help on this; I only know canon Vader, and I prefer Lord Boros, Garou, even Speed of Sound Sonic over Saitama. I'm sorry to say, I have no say over this debate...

Drellix said:
@Knighteous
I just want to point out tthat putting actual physics into a show like this isn't really the best idea as as you pointed out it's not possible. Vader moves at 50% the speed of light and has actual high-speed reaction. And no ill effects to the universe. Therefore, completely negating pretty much any kind of physics, except the fact that if you can manipulate sub atomic atoms, you can restructure someone's body. To make it weaker. Already, Saitama is slower then Vader. Vader can manipulate his atoms in his body to make him weaker, then it ends.
According to my (admittedly speculative) hypothesis, Saitama would need to move faster than light to negate an energy based attack with physical force. That means even Vader wouldn't be able to react to him. Also Qui-Gon Jinn's claim that the force allows momentary previews into the future would actually play to Vader's disadvantage if Saitama can act against prophesy. Vader would be reacting to false realities. And unless Vader's force power is enough to exert an infinite force, it wouldn't be strong enough to manipulate particles being held in place by infinite force. (Or, more accurately, even if he did, it would be a stalemate) Vader is the only one with mortality written into his character's known history, which means that even if you had two characters with potentially limitless attack power, the loser has to be the one shown capable of dying within his personal timeline.

Drellix said:
Oh and by the way I'm not a man of science. I actually am not good at science at all.
I'm sorry about that line, I was just being playful. You totally win in the "who doesn't react to meaningless provocation so as to make the other look like a tool" game.

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
@Knighteous
According to my (admittedly speculative) hypothesis, Saitama would need to move faster than light to negate an energy based attack with physical force. That means even Vader wouldn't be able to react to him. Also Qui-Gon Jinn's claim that the force allows momentary previews into the future would actually play to Vader's disadvantage if Saitama can act against prophesy. Vader would be reacting to false realities. And unless Vader's force power is enough to exert an infinite force, it wouldn't be strong enough to manipulate particles being held in place by infinite force. (Or, more accurately, even if he did, it would be a stalemate) Vader is the only one with mortality written into his character's known history, which means that even if you had two characters with potentially limitless attack power, the loser has to be the one shown capable of dying within his personal timeline.
Here's the thing, they the immediate future, what would happen in the next second, that sort of thing. They see what they are going to do right before they do it. Also, even if it still didn't work, Vader is still much faster then Saitama or is his attacks will ever be.

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
I'm sorry about that line, I was just being playful. You totally win in the "who doesn't react to meaningless provocation so as to make the other look like a tool" game.
XD I like you!

Drellix said:
Here's the thing, they the immediate future, what would happen in the next second, that sort of thing. They see what they are going to do right before they do it. Also, even if it still didn't work, Vader is still much faster then Saitama or is his attacks will ever be.
How is that possible when Vader moves at only 50% the speed of light and Saitama moves faster than light?

How about a compromise: If Saitama is shown to move, not just a single limb but his entire body, faster than light, then Vader definitely loses. Until then it's a stalemate simply in that Saitama's holding infinite energy within his body (and not exploding from it) which means that his body can't actually be affected by any attack. How's that sound? Even if Saitama couldn't hit Vader (who got hit by force lightning and a force pushed box), having infinite energy in his body means that his body has to be infinitely durable to all force and energy.

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
How is that possible when Vader moves at only 50% the speed of light and Saitama moves faster than light?
How about a compromise: If Saitama is shown to move, not just a single limb but his entire body, faster than light, then Vader definitely loses. Until then it's a stalemate simply in that Saitama's holding infinite energy within his body (and not exploding from it) which means that his body can't actually be affected by any attack. How's that sound? Even if Saitama couldn't hit Vader (who got hit by force lightning and a force pushed box), having infinite energy in his body means that his body has to be infinitely durable to all force and energy.

Santana is sub-revalistic.

Drellix said:
Saitama is sub-revalistic.
I think that's based on an inaccurate evaluation of his feats as they've so far been seen. I'd try to edit his stat page but I know I'd get raked over the coals for it. But there's no way photons could be redirected and absorbed, nor a mountain instantaneously vaporized through air pressure from from about a surface area of approx. 10 sq. inches without obliterating the person standing directly in front of him, using a speed that's merely within the cosmic speed limit. Saitama's stat page is wrong.

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
Saitama is sub-revalistic.
I think that's based on an inaccurate evaluation of his feats as they've so far been seen. I'd try to edit his stat page but I know I'd get raked over the coals for it. But there's no way photons could be redirected and absorbed, nor a mountain instantaneously vaporized through air pressure from from about a surface area of approx. 10 sq. inches without obliterating the person standing directly in front of him, using a speed that's merely within the cosmic speed limit. Saitama's stat page is wrong.
I can respect this opinion fully. I have had the same thoughts. But as it stands, they are battling as the stats are. If you wish to change them you would have to create a separate discussion apart from here and argue your point. It's how I got the AGK characters to HHS speeds when they got downgraded. I really appreciate your calm and very informed arguments (we don't get that too often) and I think your username is fine. XD

Drellix said:
I can respect this opinion fully. I have had the same thoughts. But as it stands, they are battling as the stats are. If you wish to change them you would have to create a separate discussion apart from here and argue your point. It's how I got the AGK characters to HHS speeds when they got downgraded. I really appreciate your calm and very informed arguments (we don't get that too often) and I think your username is fine. XD
Dang I feel like such a noob. I just wandered in here last night and felt like joining in the fun, but I didn't "read the rules or nothin'" before I did so that's totally my bad. I admit that I can't defend the vsbattles wiki version of Saitama. (Though I will take solace in knowing it's not the real Saitama so I shouldn't get myself worked up over it). You win this time, Drellix. The "X" in your username isn't just for show!

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
Dang I feel like such a noob. I just wandered in here last night and felt like joining in the fun, but I didn't "read the rules or nothin'" before I did so that's totally my bad. I admit that I can't defend the vsbattles wiki version of Saitama. (Though I will take solace in knowing it's not the real Saitama so I shouldn't get myself worked up over it). You win this time, Drellix. The "X" in your username isn't just for show!
It's fine Knight, Everyone is new, I Did the same thing too, Don't worry. Just read it over before you make a thread.

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
I'll bite. Give me some legitimate scans of Saitama resisting Galaxy wide TP or subatomic molecular maniuplation;.

I'll wait.

Knighteous said:
Drellix said:
Lol if you ever want to talk, hit me up. I'd be glad to debate with you again. And don't worry about the noob thing. I've only been on for about a month myself.

Aparajita said:
I'll bite. Give me some legitimate scans of Saitama resisting Galaxy wide TP or subatomic molecular maniuplation;.

I'll wait.
Now this sounds fun! Okay how about this: http://i.imgur.com/O9LFUQX.gif

So there's a progression of logic here:

1.) The way he "evaporates" the beam requires some force that can redirect and absorb energy. The vacuum formed from nearly instantaneous motion would only help the beam, and physical force can't do that affect a beam of energy. Also increasing the air pressure wouldn't work because even pressurized air is invisible, and pressure releases outward in all directions so the linear effect of his punch could not have resulted in that. But he definitely is just punching. So the side effect of his punch had to cause a phenomenon that would neutralize the beam.

2.) You can look at my giaganto-post above, but long story short the only scientifically plausible phenomenon that I can come up with would be increasing the speed of the air particles with enough speed that they approach the cosmic speed limit and exhibit a strong enough mass to warp the path of light, and force that their own inertia could last the duration of the attach and continue to absorb all photons.

3.) The speed required to move an object must be equal to the speed of the desired object, but to exhibit prolonged inertia requires an even greater speed. I'd need someone to run the math on this, but the speed needed for an air particle to increase in mass near the weight of a black hole has got to be near the cosmic speed limit. The punch also needed enough energy, in the form of speed, to direct that all forward rather than outward. Lastly it needed to extend this effect to each and every air particle it came into contact with, without losing momentum throughout the entire punch. Therefore for this effect to have happened from a physical punch, the punch would therefore require multiplicatively larger than the speed of light.

4.) As Boros said when he looked at Saitama with an unknown vision ability, there is no limit to his power. (
bloop ) This makes sense if Saitama needed to break the light-barrier for that punch, but this also has an inescapable side effect: Equally infinite durability. Regardless of how Saitama's energy is stored in his body, bet it chemical like most humans or through something more basic like heat, his body is containing infinite amounts of it. Infinite chemical energy would result in infinite mass, which isn't true in Saitama's case. Infinite heat, electromagnetic, or kinetic energy however would destroy any form of matter. But it doesn't in Saitama's case, meaning his body can withstand infinite energy.

5.) Infinite durability means that his particles cannot be moved against his will, because that would be kinetic energy. He can't be lit on fire, because that would be heat energy. His mind can't be manipulated, because that would be electrical energy. The only thing that can be done to his body is what he chooses be done to it. That gives him 100% resistance to all attacks.

Are those legitimate enough examples? I know the theoretical science is sound, but I've never been good sourcing.

I know next to nothing about Saitama and the science behind comicbooks in general. Create a revision if you think it's wrong, but remember that many members of the calculation team on several different websites put his speed calculation at sub rel+.

That proves nothing towards Subatomic (Vader turning Saitama's brain into a cactus) or Mindhax on the scale that Vader can do.

Aparajita said:
Also, check out this page, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Fallacy, because some of your arguments are seeming to be NLF (No Limits Fallacy).
I looked into it, I think I'm good because this isn't a "no limits have been demonstrated and therefore do not exist" statement. The limitlessness of his power is expressly stated in his canon, meaning it must be considered in his abilities and ignoring those statements places unnecessary restriction on his potential in these matchups.

Aparajita said:
I know next to nothing about Saitama and the science behind comicbooks in general. Create a revision if you think it's wrong, but remember that many members of the calculation team on several different websites put his speed calculation at sub rel+.That proves nothing towards Subatomic (Vader turning Saitama's brain into a cactus) or Mindhax on the scale that Vader can do.
I don't like makin' waves. I'm more of a traveling wise man than a board leader. I will say though that people can be wrong in mass quanity easier than by themselves. Look at the holocaust.

And if Saitama's atomic structure is enduring infinite energy, then even the scale of control Vader uses wouldn't be able to put a dent in it. A brain is a physical structure that physically changes during thought. If Saitama's particles are being held in place in the face of infinite energy (which when dealing with the subatomic scale is all various forms of motion), then Vader wouldn't be able to move even a subatomic particle found within the realm of Saitama's body. It would be the equivalent of telling Vader to halt every subatomic particle in the universe to effectively freeze time. Vader just doesn't have the power needed to trump infinite durability. Even telepathic influence has a physical footprint.

Knight. You're gonna get banned if you keep on bringing up limitless Saitama. That holds no ground here.

Huh.

-Results have already been put in

-People still comment this even after it's been done.

Yup. Closing this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back