• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darquesse intelligence downgrade

On Darquesse's profile she's rated as having super genius level intelligence due to being able to learn everything there is to know about quantum mechanics in 2 days. I don't think that this is accurate for 2 reasons.

1. She is regularly gets tricked by Skulduggery. Skulduggery is often described in the books as a genius himself, but that still suggests that Darquesse is at best comparable to him rather than inhumanly superior.

2. She herself said that the only reason she was able to learn this is because she can "absorb information instantly". This implies that Darquesse is able to learn it because of an accelerated learning rate and superhuman memory, rather than conventional intelligence.

Skulduggery Pleasant verse makes a clear distinction between different kinds of genius.

I think Kenspeckle once fittingly said something in the direction of "I am a medical genius and scientific genius, but apparently I'm not a tactical genius".

Darquesse is extremly cocky and Skulduggery is a greater strategical genius than her.

However, she is the greatest magic-scientific genius on earth and has the knowledge of all the remnants, together with her development and analysis capabilities she is definitely a genius.

Given, Supergenius in terms of the Intelligence page does indeed sound like too much.

She is only as slightly more intelligent as the brightest scientific minds on earth combined.

Extraordinary Genius is probably a better ranking.

Back