• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Intelligence Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, noticing with exact precision what Chara did with just a glance on their look is too unrealistic and relies on inputs which just can't be get irl normally.

This thread is going fast damn

Just because he didn't create the reports alone doesn't exactly mean he cant take some credit for it. Out of the normal monsters sans is arguably the most knowledgeable of them on the SAVE system, Alphys might know of alternate universes but we never see any hint or implication that she is aware of RESETs, Sans however does know RESETs happen, as I already mentioned. It would make sense if he was the one who built up, or at least majorly helped in the reports creation due to his aforementioned knowledge.

seems topaz responded to me above, I will get to that in a bit (y)

Last edited:
Just because he didn't create the reports alone doesn't exactly mean he cant take some credit for it.
I just think it is too vague to draw anything conclusive from it, it could be possible that the method for obtaining such reports was created by Gaster or someone else (I say Gaster because Sans is shown using Gaster Blasters which I assume were made by Gaster himself), and Sans is just using said method to obtain his own reports.

The fact that Sans is incapable of fixing a machine of unknown functions kind of undermines the idea that he is an extraordinary genius, the machine was either created by Gaster with Sans' help, and Sans lacks the intelligence to fix it by himself, or he somehow lacks the materials needed to repair it.

This thread is going fast damn

Just because he didn't create the reports alone doesn't exactly mean he cant take some credit for it. Out of the normal monsters sans is arguably the most knowledgeable of them on the SAVE system, Alphys might know of alternate universes but we never see any hint or implication that she is aware of RESETs, Sans however does know RESETs happen, as I already mentioned. It would make sense if he was the one who built up, or at least majorly helped in the reports creation due to his aforementioned knowledge.

seems topaz responded to me above, I will get to that in a bit (y)
Doesn't mean
It could be
"could do"

None of these work as arguments because it proves we know nothing about the reports. That's why I said we shouldn't reach a conclusion.

Do we have sufficient support to dismiss EG for the profile justifications at least? Y'all can make another thread about the new justifications, idc.

I would like to clarify a few things I have seen in the thread, being a Genius doesn't necessarily mean you are just as smart as the smartest people on Earth in real life, you can be smarter than them and still be classified as a Genius, but lack the feats needed to jump to Extraordinary Genius.

This is why fictional characters with ridiculously high IQs only rank at Genius, they are certainly smarter than the smartest people on Earth because their IQ is greater, but they don't have the feats to be placed higher.

It even says so in the Intelligence page: "in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence".

Can I finish this CRT at leaaaast? Please!

G

You, Ant and Therefir approved of this, can I go ahead? pls
48 hrs aren't done anyways, but it is technically accepted with Ant's and my agreement. therefir don't count he yellow name hah (someone please change that policy, content mods are the most adequate to evaluate threads damn it)

(no as long as I am alive, this standard will never change – you got an option: beat me and Ant and then change it {we got supporters by two all mighty staff members as well, so just give up)

48 hrs aren't done anyways, but it is technically accepted with Ant's and my agreement. therefir don't count he yellow name hah (someone please change that policy, content mods are the most adequate to evaluate threads damn it)
Based take, also make CGMs votes count as staff votes on calc-based CRTs-

COUGH. Okay, I'll wait for the thingy.

Just to note, that doing anything beyond what humanity’s greatest geniuses can do is instantly a Extrodinary Genius rating. Him getting readings on timelines, buildi machines to allow him to do that, and having a great enough grasp on laws of quantum physics to break them would mean he would qualify for his current rating.

Just to note, that doing anything beyond what humanity’s greatest geniuses can do is instantly a Extrodinary Genius rating. Him getting readings on timelines (with help or not) would mean he would qualify for his current rating.
I would like to clarify a few things I have seen in the thread, being a Genius doesn't necessarily mean you are just as smart as the smartest people on Earth in real life, you can be smarter than them and still be classified as a Genius, but lack the feats needed to jump to Extraordinary Genius.

This is why fictional characters with ridiculously high IQs only rank at Genius, they are certainly smarter than the smartest people on Earth because their IQ is greater, but they don't have the feats to be placed higher.

It even says so in the Intelligence page: "in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence".

was gonna respond more but looking at the intelligence section, seems your right, hm, I was under the assumption superhuman intelligence = Extraordinary Genius

if the genius intelligence rating can cover characters who exceed real world geniuses then I dont really mind the change, only thing I really disagreed with is sans being only on the level of real world geniuses

Last edited:
Just saying, if this even passes, I'll make a CRT to enforce my arguments as they're being ignored for no reason at all, so staff will surely look at the opposition.
Its bad. **** this shitty ass CRT, I am leaving
Don't worry man we gonna have our cake. **** this indeed.

I just don't think your arguments are enough for Extraordinary Genius, Sans's feats are certainly superhuman, but not Extraordinary levels of superhuman.

Edit: The changes have been applied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back