• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rey intelligence revision section

Hi, so here it is, I think we should rewrite the "Intelligence" section of Rey.
Already, the previous statement dates from 2016, which is the date of creation of the page, and thus only takes into account the first movie where she appears.
For me, the appropriate level is Gifted, likely Genius. So, why? For one thing, she has a pretty impressive learning speed, she was able to instinctively use a Mind trick to force a Stormtrooper to release her and was immediately able to then defend herself against Kylo Ren with a lightsaber. After a period of training with Luke Skywalker, her Force and lightsaber skills improved greatly, and it seems to me that the time was relatively short, demonstrating her ability to learn quickly. This can also be seen by her ability to navigate or pilot when she certainly only had a short time to observe. Not to mention her mechanical skill learned as a scavenger, and her ability to speak several languages.
In short, it's up to you to decide.

the appropriate level is Gifted, likely Genius. So, why? For one thing, she has a pretty impressive learning speed, she was able to instinctively use a Mind trick to force a Stormtrooper to release her and was immediately able to then defend herself against Kylo Ren with a lightsaber. After a period of training with Luke Skywalker, her Force and lightsaber skills improved greatly, and it seems to me that the time was relatively short, demonstrating her ability to learn quickly. This can also be seen by her ability to navigate or pilot when she certainly only had a short time to observe. Not to mention her mechanical skill learned as a scavenger, and her ability to speak several languages.
If this wasn't a VS site, this can be all explained by her being a badly written character and an obnoxious mary sue. That aside, yeah i agree. The pace at which she learns force abillities and beats experienced force users are proof enough. Never mind that stuff like knowing how to swim / navigate a boat in rainstorm or rough oceans despite being a desert native, bypassing the compressor etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't she gain the skills and experience of Kylo Ren when he invaded her mind and involuntarily established a force bond.

If this wasn't a VS site, this can be all explained by her being a badly written character and an obnoxious mary sue. That aside, yeah i agree. The pace at which she learns force abillities and beats experienced force users are proof enough. Never mind that stuff like knowing how to swim / navigate a boat in rainstorm or rough oceans despite being a desert native, bypassing the compressor etc.
Yes, but we are talking about the prowess and the characterization of the characters in the diegesis.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't she gain the skills and experience of Kylo Ren when he invaded her mind and involuntarily established a force bond.
Not in the first movie it seems to me, her learning speed, lightsaber skills and mechanical skills come from her.

Back