• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Discussion Thread: I'm Going Ghost!

It's going to be painful waiting for my copy, I've already heard some positive talk but I'm not going to spoil anything for myself so I'm not checking any information until I read it for myself.

The Clockwork / Dark Danny fusion has Tier 2 Environmental Destruction
Screenshot_53.png

1. 2-C Danny Phantom is a thing, Dan was causing the timeline to collaspe and caused irreparably damage to multiple timelines. Clockwork then merges multiple timelines together into 2 separate timelines.

2. All ghosts gain abstract existence and Clockwork is the literal embodiment of time.

3. Pariah Dark is billions of years old.

4. More stuff but I'll cover that later.

I'll be creating a thread soon as I've read the book and now will get the scans.

1. 2-C Danny Phantom is a thing, Dan was causing the timeline to collaspe and caused irreparably damage to multiple timelines. Clockwork then merges multiple timelines together into 2 separate timelines.

2. All ghosts gain abstract existence and Clockwork is the literal embodiment of time.

3. Pariah Dark is billions of years old.

4. More stuff but I'll cover that later.

I'll be creating a thread soon as I've read the book and now will get the scans.
How was the book for you?

I don't have the book, but out of curiosity, how does this affect the current cosmology (If any was made)? Would they scale to it?

How was the book for you?
Overall I thought it was good. I'm not a fan of the ending but I honestly respected it so I wasn't to disappointed. The VS debater in me loved it for reasons I put in the SPOILER tag in my previous comment, and the Danny Phantom fan in me liked the lore additions. Without going into massive detail, it was a solid addition to the Danny Phantom verse, the characters acted in ways like the orginal (Some more than others) and so on.

I don't have the book, but out of curiosity, how does this affect the current cosmology (If any was made)? Would they scale to it?
The cosmology is still 2-C, the universe use to be one but it was split in two during a war and thus the Ghost Zone and Human World came to be, Clockwork mention that Dark Danny caused irreparably damage to the timeline and corrupted others to the point were he had to merge them to were only two remained. But yes, they scale to the cosmology.

Just a heads up.

I'm done with the 2-C upgrade portion of the new thread. I just need to finish the minor lore addition to the cosmology, and then the Abstract Existence portion which won't take long so expect the revision to be posted later today. Hell of a day to be a Danny Phantom fan but now I gotta deal with 2-C matches lol.

my boy danny about to be bullied by GOW and Castlevania characters
FACTS

Anywho, here are my likes and dislikes in the Graphic Novel.

What I liked
I loved Dark Danny's return, he's shown to be this cold, insane, but competent individual with a goal. I enjoyed seeing The kids from Danny's school like Star (who has the best outfit) helping with the ghost hunting and they provided feat for human scaling to 2-C (lol Dash, Star and one other took a Ghostly Wail without real harm).

I thought the addition of lore regarding the original universe was good and the introduction of ghosts being spirits that manifestat through human emotions, which is decribed as a primordial energy. The fact that everyone is fighting together is cool as well and we delve a bit into The Seven (The Ancient Ghosts) and Pariah Dark being billions of years old.

All in all it was cool. We even have Dan inhabiting another clone of Danny that Vlad created (yes Vlad has more clones of Danny). Vlad had a solid redemption arc as well and Valerie kept Clockwork's medallion and remembers everything that happened. They clearly set up for more content.

What I disliked
At the end, they retcon phantom planet, and while majority like it, that destroys everything Danny accomplished.

To explain, since everyone started helping Danny hunt ghosts, his powers began to literally fade due to them now being connected to his emotional drive to protect others (a massive retcon) but now that Amity Park is a near ghost free city, he no longer had the drive.

Danny eventually regains his drive to now what to become the bridge that unites the Ghost Zone and Human World. However that is the problem, as Phantom Planet did this already. Danny showed the world that ghosts can be good, he worked with both sides to save both worlds, he bridge the gap and could now continue to work for the better.

But because his ego of not being the only hero is on the line his powers act up and he loses the drive and then regains said drive to do something he already was starting to do. It literally destroyed everything he achieved at the end and I'm going to call it how it is...

This retcon was simply made to return to the boring status quo of Danny having a secret identity and people hating ghosts again and them being nobodies all so Danny can be the sole hero (not including Sam, Tucker, and Jazz) again while doing the same thing to eventually achieve the same end goal as Phantom Planet just with some tweeks.

Yes, new adventures can still happen but you can clearly see that it was only done to return to the status quo because they don't think they can pull off interesting stories but that's stupid because seeing other characters shine is what made me like the humans becoming ghost hunters and it shows the impact Danny's heroic actions had on them but now that has been erased.

Note that I still enjoyed the story but that ending makes me feel the same way people feel about Phantom Planet. This will not stop me from liking the series and won't stop my hope for future content but it needs to be said how I see that ending as a f u to Danny's achievements.

Sorry for the rant.

From what I heard this feels a lot like it applies a lot of Danny Phantom Fanon to the actual canon, which is probably one of the main reasons it's beloved the way it is. Plus it undoes the entire third season, so for most people it isn't a problem because they don't like anything from Season 3, especially Phantom Planet.

From what I heard this feels a lot like it applies a lot of Danny Phantom Fanon to the actual canon, which is probably one of the main reasons it's beloved the way it is. Plus it undoes the entire third season, so for most people it isn't a problem because they don't like anything from Season 3, especially Phantom Planet.
It only retcons Phantom Planet. The rest of season 3 still happened though. And I get it, people didn't like it and I'm fine with that, my issue is that it was done a bad way as it looked as though they hated what Danny achieved and simple want to just repeat it but there own way. His drive and goal is the same in the general sense so it's a bad reason for him to choose to return to the status quo. I don't care that they did it, I just think the reasoning given was terrible.

Huh, that's weird, from what I read in TV Tropes it seems like it retcon everything from Vlad becoming the mayor onwards.

Also, this ignores pretty much all the ideas Butch had for Post-Phantom Planet content, which is YMMV if you like it or not.

Undoing Phantom Planet and restoring Danny’s secret identity was personally my favorite aspect of the comic tbh

Now that 2-C is into the question, what will be the new scaling?

Huh, that's weird, from what I read in TV Tropes it seems like it retcon everything from Vlad becoming the mayor onwards.

Also, this ignores pretty much all the ideas Butch had for Post-Phantom Planet content, which is YMMV if you like it or not.
Clockwork said there will be some changes but he didn't retcon all events in Season 3. The scan states the timeline is that no one will remember the disasteroid event. This in no way ment all of season 3 was retconed. Really didn't say I liked all the Butch Hartman's ideas though.
Undoing Phantom Planet and restoring Danny’s secret identity was personally my favorite aspect of the comic tbh
That's fine. My rant was about the reason behind it, not the retcon itself.

Is the full-on 2-C supposed to be a separate key for the events of AGIT, or just be part of the Season 3 key? (Maybe all keys?)

Is the full-on 2-C supposed to be a separate key for the events of AGIT, or just be part of the Season 3 key? (Maybe all keys?)
It goes like this

Tier: At least 8-A, up to 2-C | 2-C, higher with Ghostly Wail and the Ecto-Skeleton | 2-C, higher with Ghostly Wail | 2-C, higher with Ghostly Wail

Key: Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | A Glitch in Time

I'll be posting the revision thread in a second and it will show what Danny's profile will look like.

Danny Phantom vs Soul Eater matches could be fun, I saw they were 2-C. Might do some Dragon Ball matches as well once the upgrades get enough support and are applied.

I wonder if we'll see any mythological gods in any potential future Danny Phantom content. Now that we know ghosts are the beings they once were 100%, that mean Greek mythology characters exist since Pandora (Danny Phantom) exists and in the graphic novel we were introduced to the Hero Twins from the Maya story which included gods. Though I don't think the series would delve deeper into those mythologies but it would be interesting to see.

Back