• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Da Vinci vs Mami Tomoe (Will Mami take her first L?) [LOL NO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"turning impossible events into events that can be realised" is unreliable. That same ability is applied to Tesla due to him harnessing electricity, something thought to be only in the domain of the gods.

While NBG can give her practically any non-unique skill, I don't know how much she uses that, nor do I know if there are any skills to help against "ribbon trap gg". Maybe clairvoayance or instinct. Root of the Beginnings is not a skill and cannot be gained by NBG

UU could take down Mami due to how it works, but I don't know how trigger happy with it Vinci is.

Other than UU, I don't know if Da Vinci has anything good.

I'm not voting

Veloxt1r0kore said:
NBG is not giving her high tier magic resist thought,its just make her more knowledged about the ribbons.
" Natural Born Genius: EX
... Allows the demonstration of most Skills, excluding those that are characteristic of other heroes and those that are a burden to the body (such as Divinity), at a proficiency of A Rank..." - Fate Grand Order Guide book

It will.

Da Vinci does not need to be aware of the magic, so invisibility is irrelevent, and so is where they are summoned from.

Put it like this, if you shot a Giant Ass Invisible Magical Tsunami at someone with high tier magic resist, it would just flow right around them

" In addition to the Magic Resistance of the Saber Class, she demonstrates a high anti-magic from her unwavering piety. However, since it is just averting (evading) the Magecraft, only Joan will be saved against a wide-range magic attack. It cannot cope with the sacraments of the Church." - Jeanne's profile describing Magic Resist EX

Jack The Ripper's magic didn't work even tho Jeanne had no knowledge the attack that was coming was magical, it should have instantly killed Jeanne but it wouldn't land. Jack had to use exclusively physical attacks

I just used the tsunami thing since it fall under AoE and is under the damage capacity that can be nullified.

Jeanne's type of magic resist is unique to her and can't be gained.

Not to mention Vinci can only get up to A rank and Jeanne's is EX

"most Skills"

Assuming she can get Magic Resistance EX and Root of Beginnings is huge NLF.

Oh, well anyway the Magic resist should still be on the level that the ribbon trap probably won't effect her. There are other spells with magic suppression, and since anyone with a rank A in magic resist is essentially untouchable to any modern mage, we know that it still wouldn't work

Magic resistance doesn't help Magical girls from getting trapped and nulled. And their resistance allows them to shrug off Reality Warp from witches.

@lapitus

If ribbon trap can't harm her because of magic resist then this is a stomp because mami literally can't do anything against Caster.

Mami's got a lot more than ribbon trap lol

In fact, Mami's the one who probably wins here.

But I'm still not voting.

and the Magic resist of Servants allows them to ignore the manipulation of time and space. Many servants have reality warping and reality marbles similar to the witch's realms, not too special here.

Anyway, if Da Vinci does get caught she can return the battle to turn 1 and start over via the skill Disengage. It releaves all effects and returns the battle to how it was at the start

Yung, I feel like you're intentionally ignoring Homu's quoted comment.

Other magical girls, who completely ignore magic twisting off their limbs and warping their bodies, still get affected by the power null from the ribbons.

If you want, argue that A rank magic resist is better magic resist than resisting that, go ahead

@Monarch

I have no dog in this fight. I'm not well versed with either franchise, I just need clarification on this whole "magic resistance" thing. argue that A rank magic resist is better magic resist than resisting that-I don't even know what this means.

Does it mean they can resist all magic?(which include any and all magic-like power systems/abilities)

Does it mean that they can resist attacks which have magic-like properties?

Or does it just mean that the attacks they have resisted have magic-like properties?

Magic is a very broad spectrum, pretty much anything which isn't canon to The Real World can be considered magic, so when you say that someone has resistance to it without being specific....it's more than a little confusing.

Reality Marbles are a form of magecraft that overwrites reality with the caster's own. While almost true magic, they are not, and their effects should still be able to be resisted by magic resist.

Also, it's resisting power null that is important here, not resisting reality warping.

@Yung But Mami magic bypass magic resistance so?

@Monarch I know, I was stating that Mami ribbons bypass magic resistance on that level. Oh, it also bypass p.null resistance too.

This is why magic resistance shouldn't actually be used in debates, it's unquantifiable. Unless a character has actually shown resistance to a certain type of ability(or they are dimensionally higher than their opponent) they don't have resistance to it. Even then, resistance only stretches so far.

considering everything that was mentioned in this thread, I'll assume Mami's attacks work Caster.

If I take Caster's profile at face value it's a huge hax stomp in her favor.

Edit: In conclusion? Mami wins easily.

It is fairly decisive.

I don't even know how Caster fights, so it's not out of the question that she grabs Clairvoyance and starts dodging ribbons long enough to fire UU, but I'm pretty sure it's just power null GG

As ******* always

God, Mami was more fun when she didn't have OP power null.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back