• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. II

I think I'm going crazy

If nothing else I'd assume it is the spell resistance vs other deities, which I guess would be the same thing since in D&D practically everything is considered D&D to some extent

Since I'm on a phone I'll just copy paste the descriptions and of you want scans I'll just post them later

• Magic Resistance: Demigods are 70% resistant to mortal magic, 40% resistant to magic of other demigods. and 20% resistant to magic of gods of greater stature.
  • Magic Resistance: Lesser gods are 90% resistant to mortal magic, 60% resistant to magic wielded by gods of lesser ranks, 45% resistant to magic of gods of same stature, and 20% resistant to magic of gods of higher stature.
  • Magic Resistance: Intermediate gods are 95% resistant to mortal magic, 70% to magic of gods of lesser stature, 50% resistant to magic of gods of same stature, and 25% resistant to magic of gods of greater stature.
  • Magic Resistance: Greater gods are 100% resistant to mortal magics, 75% resistant to the magic of gods of lesser ranks, and 50% resistant to the spells of other greater gods.
And here's the book list on how to ascend

Divine Ascension

As mentioned in the previous section, it is possible for a hero to become a demigod. In order for this to happen, the following conditions must be met:

The hero must have advanced to an experience level at least twice as high as the average experience level in the campaign. No matter what the average experience level is in a campaign, however, the hero must be at least 15th level. The hero must have at least one Attribute score that has been raised to 19 or above.

The hero must have a charisma of 18, with a body of at least two hundred followers that regard him as virtually a deity already.

The hero must be a true and faithful follower of his alignment, having committed no more than one incongruous act during his lifetime.

If all of these conditions are met, the DM may, at his option, elect to invest the character with demigod status. Characters granted such status become part of the culture's pantheon. If they are player characters, they are removed from play and treated as a demigod from that point on.

TFW the quoting template doesn't even work so you have to use the message quoting thing instead
~ me​

You know, I just realized that we never added that Low 2-C/2-C key to Asmodeus.

We probably should for his lower-deity-rank-and-archdevil keys.

Iirc he has a Solar (pre-Zargon raid), Archdevil, and Greater God form. Also the one weird origin story were he created the multiverse

The creating the multiverse thing ca probably be disregarded, all things considered.

So probably "At least 6-B (or whatever Zargon's storm would result in), likely High 6A | At least 2-C | 2-A"

Would Asmodeus scale to High 6-A or High 6-B?

Dunno actually. High 6A is supposed to be for those who can fight the average Abomination and they seem to be above the paygrade for all but the most powerful beings. He should be at least equal to Zargon since he beat him and theres some supporting evidence in another Solar beat a Elder Evil in a direct fight.

Plus in 2e it was mentioned that Solars could become Gods but chose not to, so presumably they're weaker than Demigods. So I guess 6-B, likely High 6-B would be his tier (barring the storm not being of similar tiering as it is now).

Also like, we only have 166 comments left. So we may need ankther new thread soon

Yeah, at 450 I will make another.

Actually what's the current storm formula. I'll just try and recalc Zargon's thing

The storm formula is immaterial to a planetary storm. The thing that changed is the fact that we don't treat it as KE anymore (thus not being High 6-A). We don't need a recalc, it just defaults to the lower value.

So Asmodeus (WIP and will add scans when I get the chance)

Tier: 6-B, likely High 6-B | At least 2-C | At least 2-C | 2-A

Attack Potency
: Country Level, likely Large Country level (Defeated Zargon who generated a planetary storm and should be comparable to Llymic and Ragnorra) | At least Low Multiversal level (Control the space-time of multiple layers of the Nine-Hell. Strong enough that the Gods in the Nine-Hells respect his position) | At least Low Multiversal level (Should be stronger than his Archdevil form) | Multiversal level+ (Moved the Abyss to another section of the Multiverse. The Abyss contains an infinite amount of layers and in some editions every layers is spatially infinite)

Speed: At least Hypersonic+, with High Hypersonic+ reactions (far above people who can avoid the spell Call Lightning and can tag individuals with the evasion feat) | Unknow, likely Infinite (Can control the space-time of his own layer and is superior to other Archdevils who can do the same) | Infinite (Can battle other deities who exist beyond time and can control time easily) | Infinite (Above time gods, can move in stopped time, comparable to Shar who moved before time began)

Lifting Strength: At least Class 5 (A basic Solar can lift at least 1,018 kilograms) | Unknow. Likely Immeasurable | Unknow. Likely Immeasurable | Immeasurable (Moved a 2-A structure)

Striking Strength: Country class, likely Large Country class | At least Low Multiversal level | At least Low Multiversal level | Multiversal level+

Durability
: Country Level, likely Large Country level | At least Low Multiversal level | At least Low Multiversal level | Multiversal level+

Stamina
: Extremly High | Likely Limitless | Limitless | Limitless

Range: Extended Melee due to size, varies from tens of meters to planetary with spells | Extended melee range due to size, much further with magic, Multi-Universal with Astral Projection and Scrying | Extended melee range due to size, much further with magic, multi-universal with certain abilities such as Teleportation and Enhanced Senses | Multiversal+

Standard Equitment: Ruby Rod of Asmodeus

Intelligence: At least Extraordinary Genius (His intellegence rating is 30 which is superior to the Elder Brai, maintains Multiversal scale plots and is the smartest of all devils)

Weaknesses: (To be decided)

Keys: Solar | Archdevil | Lesser God | Greater God

Note: Asmodeus' origin is clouded in mystery and contain multiple contradicting elements. In some he is a fallen angel, in others a massive serpent who's fall created the Nine-Hell's, in others a Fallen God who has waited for eons to regain his divinity, and in one even the creator of the multiverse itself. As such the profile may contain contradicting information

Lifting Strength revisions will probably come about based on the grapple mechanic, considering you can reasonably grapple the Tarrasque which weighs like 130 US Tons

Oh okay. I'll work on adding the powers and abilities later.

Actually I don't really know how to set up the keys since his current incarnation is weaker than his previous one, but doing weaker -> stronger will save on space.

Just go weaker to stronger tbh. Even if he's weaker now, that's not heavily relevant when using the character.

I'll edit that in then. In a bit I'll add some power and ability stuff. For the Lesser and Greater God stuff it should be easy, but the Solar and Archdevil sections will need work

Also unrelated Orcus needs to have all of his deity stuff removed. Dude has never been a deity (Though an alternate universe version was a Immortal or something). But it may be better to just wait for that tier 2 unlock staff thread to be finished I guess

This seems potentially broken

Learned Spell Immunity (Su): If an infernal is affected by a spell cast by a particular spellcaster, the infernal thereafter becomes immune to that spell when cast by that spellcaster. For instance, if the infernal is hit by Mialee's horrid wilting and is affected, it then becomes immune to horrid wilting if cast by Mialee ever again, though if Hennet casts horrid wilting on the infernal, it is subject to the spell's effects (the first time).

If it wasn't for time duplication immunity most of the higher level beings have a Infernal and Phane could theoretically prep their way to planer dominance via low tier spell spamming.

Yep those two seem pretty damn scary all things considered

Actually for Abominations it's mentioned that as an extra thing you could make them Quasigods due to their parentage

Abomination Traits: All abominations are born directly (or inderetly, as in the case of anaxims) from a god and some lesser creature (or idea), but none are favored, wanted, or loved.

Still,they all share a tiny spark of deific energy, which grants them the qualities described in Abomination Traits, earlier in this chapter. (Note: If you are using the rules presented in Deties and Demigods, abominations are rank 0 deities.)

Also even the lower tier Abominations spark terror in the multiverse

Abominations are misshapen, grotesque, and horribly marked from their godly birth-throes. Abominations come in an overwhelming variety of forms, all terrible. Accursed of heaven and hell, abominations are sealed away for eons at a time. But over the course of time, abominations are sometimes accidentally freed or manage to escape on their own. An abomination's appearince can panic nations, worlds, or entire planes of existence. Thankfully, most abominations remain securely locked away by higher deific decree

> Born from an idea

Type 2 Abstract, then?

Also, based on the description, that's either passive Fear Hax or Madness Manipulation Type 3.

this species of ********

and yes, FC/OC will now reorder itself to destroy this particular haxed character, as is its way

maybe I can convince DMUA to put them in the Jack of All Trades War

Probably no to type 2 abstracts based on this

Abominations posses the spark of godhood. As such, they are virtually immortal unless slain. (They are not actually immortal, but they age so slowly and they need to eat, sleep, and even breathe so rarely that death for an abomination normally only comes through conflict.) Though they are unable to grant spells to followers, some abominations are worshiped regardless.

Going by other descriptions an Abomination can live for eons so they're basically immortal. Though if we include the Godspark then they would gain some extra powers.

Yeah actually thinking on it without the stuff gods actually have they probably lack abstract existence.

Sucks to be an Abomination. It's rare for all of reality to simultaneously hate your existence. On the other hand you get that mad hax so it may even out.

Presumably the Core Abomination, Phane, Infernal, the One Hundred Hander, and the Artopul need a profile for scaling purposes/feats. Though all are pretty nifty (like the Nightmare one).

Yeah I'd like to get a profile for all of the notable ones tbh, as well as maybe even delve into specific dungeon bosses like Acererak.

I was gone for a like 2 weeks and there's been an entire war here.

So, wuzzup, how are you doing, how's the Adventurer coming along?

Composite Adventurer has been killed in the conflict I believe

Instead of a single Composite Adventure profile there's going to multiple single class composite profiles. So Fighter, Magician, Psion, Cleric, Rogue, etc instead of a Adventuer.

Also Immortals are changed to Low 1-C, likely much higher instead of 1-B.

Back