• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. II

Not sure that's FTL. As 700 miles wide, he'd have to be reasonably close to even be visible. If it is done over time, I believe our current calc for him is fine.

Yeah. When I was rereading the section it seems like it takes forever for Atropus to travel from Point A to B

Atropus dwells in the emptiness between worlds. As it drifts, it casts out with its senses, sampling the emptiness for signs of life. Once it detects a living thing, it moves toward the source. Since it is such a distant threat, you can assume the elder evil has been around for as long as your campaign setting has existed, and has been traveling toward your world for any number of years. Once Atropus takes an interest in your world, place it in the heavens. It is indistinguishable from the other celestial bodies at the start, and as it comes closer it reveals its sinister character to coincide with the intensifying sign.

Yah know, Atropus with his 5-C calc...

If only...

So

• Atropus: 6-B, Likely High 6-A | 5-C
  • Father Llymic: 6-B, likely High 6-B. Possibly 5-C
  • Hulks of Zoretha: 6-B, likely High 6-B
  • The Leviathan: 6-B, likely High 6-B | At least 6-A | 5-B (Alternativly just remove the 6-A key)
  • Pandorym: 6-B, likely High 6-A | Unknown, can ignore durability | At least 2-A, possibly High 2-A
  • Ragnorra: High 6-B
  • Sertrous: 6-B, likely High 6-B
  • Worm that Walks: 6-B, Likely High 6-A
  • Zargon: (Tier pending recalc) 6-B, likely High 6-B

I think Pandorym can safely be called just High 6-A at base.

Other than that, all good.

Just to briefly preface the Abominations, should they be considered High 6-A scaling to the Phaethons? Creatures like the Atropal.

They could be. Well everything but the Hecatoncheires who has a 2-C to 2-A statement and the Infernal which is so dangerous Abyss Lords and Archdevils fear their existence

Right but the basic "run of the mill", if such a term is applicable, Abominations.

also is the Hecatoncheires the thing with like 100 attacks per round or am I thinking of a different monster

They can probably scale since for the most part they're similar creations. And yeah, the Hecatoncheires is the one handed monster

From their birth, they were outcast and sealed away by the demiurge that produced them. Other deities who required their insane martial abilities to take down rival deities have released them from time to time. Each time they were released, an old pantheon fell. Few creatures can stand up to a hecatoncheires in combat, not even the gods.

Epic level handbook pg. 163

Oh.

Jeez.

then why are they like easy to take down in game since with good enough stats you just no-sell their attacks smh bad lore

Alright yeah that'd be at least 2-C in my books.

This is the Infernal quote

Unlike many other abominations, infernals have more freedom to roam areas of their hells of origin, though they are proscribed by divine decree from moving farther afield. This suits the various princes of the Nine Hells and the Abyss, because many infernals are possessed of such might that they could challenge even a prince's supremacy. For this reason, most powers of the lower planes seek to further isolate infernals if possible, or even slaying them when they can. For their part, infernals plot and scheme with malice unlike any other, until the time is right to tear the multiverse to ribbons.

Epic Level Handbook pg. 164

Alright so yeah those two should probably be Tier 2.

So wait wait wait

Lemme reword that in a VSBW way from what I understand

Phanes are higher dimensional (4-D) that are lost in time (I assume because of the common thing like "Being 4-D allows moving in time as if it were a spatial dimension") and can trap characters in time because of that.

Can Adventurers resist that? If so that's impressive as hell.

So D&D resists 4-D timehax.

That's... interesting.

Er. Perhaps I could have phrased that better.

It resists timehax from a 4-D being. Time as a dimension could be any numbered dimension- by default it is the fourth in real life as their is a certain lack of confirmed higher dimensions.

Resisting time hax without resistance is more-so a matter of speed.

And a 4D being controlling time wouldn't really make his time manipulation any better.

Wouldn't shock me if one verse had like, <3-D time or something.

But I think Bambu meant "Can resist time hax from a 4-D being". Actually thinking about it 3e's timestop can probably get a nifty FTL number since its just a speed increase instead of true timestop.

...D&D is resisting it, though? Wha?

I'm gonna just not do this, good find Qawsed.

Yeah I remember, 3.5e/3e changed time stop to just a huge speed amp for some reason.

Composite profile timestop is likely just standard timestop since that's what every single other edition uses.

Right.

Anyways more supporting evidence for the standard multiverse to be 4-D I guess

And gods, considering phanes are god-spawned.

It is indeed a find my boy.

@Qawsed Any idea where the statement of deities being immune to the effects of deities of lesser rank than them is? Adding a bit to the D&D Explanation page.

Higher ranking deities can suppress the remote sensing/precog of lower deities. Zeus will suppress Hera's precog when he goes and cheats on her for example.

I think it may apply to some other powers, but I don't know them off the top of my head

Right. If you dunno where the scan is I can try to dig it up. I'm sure it is in one of our past discussion threads.

Thanks anyhow.

• Battlesense: A deity cannot be surprised or flanked except for a higher ranking deity
  • Control Creatures: Does not work on higher ranked deities or those protected by them
  • Divine Radiance: Cannot dispel darkness created by a stronger deity
  • Gift of Life/Hand of Death/Life and Death: Does not work on a soul held by a stronger deity
  • Irresistable Preformence: Deities of higher ranking can still inflict fear and compulsiom effects
  • Lay Curse/Lay Quest: Can be removed by a stronger deity
  • Life Drain: Can be countered by light effects of stronger deities
  • Possess Mortal: Even a willying vesseal can be blocked by a stronger deity
  • Power of Truth: Does not work on stronger deities
  • Rejuvenation: Does not work if the target was killed by a stronger deity
  • Supreme Initiative: If multiple gods have it, the stronger goes first

Another example, Nerull can see perfectly well in even magical darkness. But if a stronger Deity created it then he's still subject to the effects

Not quite what I was asking for but those are helpful to have anyhow. Thanks.

I'm 99.9% certain we had a statement of gods being immune to the effects of the gods below them, like their powers, but I can't seem to dig it up. Then again I have the attention span of a small bird so that may be the issue. Looking through the older CRTs right now.

I think you are confusing it with their Magic Resistance from second edition.

An Intermediate Deity, for example, has a magic resistance of 70% against gods lower in rank to them.

Back