• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. II

So put 5-B at the maximum known rating and include the previously linked quote in a possibly far higher section?

Yeah that sounds about right. Wish D&D was more consistent.

If we add these keys, would Elminster/Mordenkainen/etc scale to Epic and Legendary adventurers? Never really dealt with them much so I'm a tad unfamiliar.

Iirc Mordenkainen and his circle of friends were smashed by a Demigod Vecna so probably not. I also don't think Elminster has delt with upper tier cosmic threats before.

I mean. Being smashed by a High 6-A doesn't bar you from 6-B to High 6-B, but noted. Also, didn't Bigby and them battle Iuz, the cambion guy? And Im sure I've heard Elminster being attacked by an Archdevil.

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah I think they'd qualify for a at least 6-B/High 6-B rating

Considering the blatant statement of "Archdevil is basically a god" would it be a safe assumption that they have a lot of the same standard powers (at least so far as Concept Manip, Mid-Godly regen, etc)?

In some books I do believe it mentions that a Archdevil/Demon Lord is god-like while in their realms (like a Divine Rank 0-6), but usually they're still noted as being a step beneath a full on god. Maybe a possibly statistic or something?

Could be. That'd work.

Since we're doing a profile update while acknowledging contradictory origin stories, should we also include the 5D Snake origin?

Powers and weaknesses so far

Powers and Abilities: Omnilingualism. Resistances to the following: Statistics Reduction, Death Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Petrification, Transmutation, Magic, Sealing, and Fire Manipulation | Archdevil WIP | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Mind Reading, Regenerationn (Mid-Godly, all gods can survive complete erasure of the body, mind and soul from the sphere of annihilation), Soul Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction, Corruption (All three types), Immortality (Types 1, 3, 5, 8 Avatars possess 6 and 9, see here for details), Magic, Dimensional Travel, Probability Manipulation (All deities passively increase probably completely in their favor, so most of their actions have a 100% chance of success, although they cannot make something with a 0% chance of happening possible), Truesight (Lets him see through illusions, natural and magical illusions, know the original form of shapeshifters, and see souls and concepts), Acausality (Types 1 and 4) Space-Time Manipulation, Non-Corporeal, Reality Warping, Shapeshifting, Size Manipulation, One Hit Kill (Deities of significant power can instantly kill a designated foe, or a mass amount of targets, with a thought), Forcefield Creation, Creation, Mind Manipulation (With various spells like mark of justice. Especially effective against those who are lawful or evil), Morality Manipulation, Healing, Memory Manipulation (Wiped out all traces and knowledge of he who was original name, even from the knowledge of other gods who already resist mind altering effects), Regenerationn Negation (Up to Mid-Godly, killed he who was), Teleportation, Darkness Manipulation, Sap Strength Spell, Telepathy, Curse Manipulation, Impriso Soul, Earthquake, Shield of Law, Gate Spell, Energy Drai, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2), Resurrection, Summoning, Abstract Existence (Type 2, reliant on the concept of sin), Death Manipulation, Power Bestowal, Holy Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Necromancy, Illusion Creation, Power Word Stun, Anti-Chaos Spells, Imprisonment Spells allows you to put someone in eternal sleep, create a pocket reality warded against Multiversal+ range, trap them in a gemstone, lock them in a magical sphere that can't be teleported out of, or lock them in chains that block movement and all abilities, Destruction Spell, Scrying, Fear Gaze, Remove Curse, Aura of Submissio, Power Nullification, Omnilingualism, And others. Extreme Resistances to the following: Statistics Reduction, Death Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Power Nullification, Mind Manipulation, Morality Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Disintegratio, BFR, Sleep Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Petrification, Transmutation, Magic, Sealing, Poison Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, and Status Effect Inducement | All previous to a much higher degree and Precognition (Greater Gods can sense anything releated to their portfolios multiple weeks in advance. In Asmodeus' case his portfolio is Indulgence)

Weaknesses: Cannot rapidly regenerate from damage inflicted by evil weapons or spells | None notable | Cannot rapidly regenerate from damage inflicted by holy or bless weapons of sufficient power | None notable | None notable

Keys: Solar | Avatar | Archdevil | Lesser God | Greater God

I'll get all the Solar Spells down in a bit

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—aid, animate objects, commune, continual flame, dimensional anchor, greater dispel magic, holy smite (DC 21), imprisonment (DC 26), invisibility (self only), lesser restoration (DC 19), remove curse (DC 20), remove disease (DC 20), remove fear (DC 18), resist energy, summon monster VII, speak with dead (DC 20), waves of fatigue; 3/day—blade barrier (DC 23), earthquake (DC 25), heal (DC 23), mass charm monster (DC 25), permanency, resurrection, waves of exhaustion; 1/day—greater restoration (DC 24), power word blind, power word kill, power word stun, prismatic spray (DC 24), wish. Caster level 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based. The following abilities are always active on a solar's person, as the spells (caster level 20th): detect evil, detect snares and pits, discern lies (DC 21), see invisibility, true seeing. They can be dispelled, but the solar can reactivate them as a free action.

Spells: Solars can cast divine spells as 20th-level clerics. A solar has access to two of the following domains: Air, Destruction, Good, Law, or War (plus any others from its deity). The save DCs are Wisdom-based. Typical Cleric Spells Prepared (6/8/8/8/7/7/6/6/5/5; save DC 17 + spell level):

0—create water, detect magic, guidance (2), resistance (2) 1st—bless (2), cause fear, divine favor (2), entropic shield, obscuring mist*, shield of faith

2nd—align weapon, bear's endurance (2), bull's strength (2), consecrate, eagle's splendor, spiritual weapon*

3rd—daylight, invisibility purge, magic circle against evil, magic vestment*, prayer (2), protection from energy, wind wall

4th—death ward (2), dismissal (2), divine power*, neutralize poison (2)

5th—break enchantment, control winds*, dispel evil, plane shift, righteous might (2), symbol of pain

6th—banishment, chain lightning*, heroes' feast, mass cure moderate wounds, undeath to death, word of recall;

7th—control weather*, destruction, dictum, ethereal jaunt, holy word, regenerate

8th—fire storm, holy aura, mass cure critical wounds (2), whirlwind*

9th— etherealness, elemental swarm (air)*, mass heal, miracle, storm of vengeance.

And in 2e this was there at will stuff

A solar has spells as a 15th-level priest with major access to all spheres. In addition to the powers common to aasimon, solars have the following spell-like powers: animate object (3 times per day), antipathy/sympathy (3 times per day), astral spell (once per day), commune, confusio (3 times per day), control weather, creeping doom (once per day), dispel evil, dispel magic, Drawmij's instant summons, earthquake (3 times per day), finger of death (once per day), fire storm (once per day), heal, holy word (3 times per day), imprisonment (once per day), improved invisibility, infraVision (240 feet, always active), mass charm (3 times per day), permanency (3 times per day), polymorph any object or self (once per day), power word (any variety, once per day), prismatic spray (once per day), restoratio (once per day), Resurrection (3 times per day), shape change (3 times per day), symbol (any variety, 3 times per day), vanish (3 times per day), Vision (once per day), wind walk (7 times per day), and wish (once per day).

> magic weapons exist across multiple realities to explain why they can hit literally ideas

11/10 makes sense to me boss

DMUA said:
Lavos sword gg
Lavos sword? Also Bambu if you now someone who understands the temporal dimensions thing ask them to check out D&D thing. The Gygax quote may mean that the 5D guys are Immeasurable again

5D already gets you Immeasurable speed by default though

Also, the joke is that... Well I just didn't initally understand that he meant it exists on all levels rather then having versions of itself across existence

5D already gets you Immeasurable speed by default though

See this thread where this seems like a consistent confusion over the rating

Also, the joke is that... Well I just didn't initally understand that he meant it exists on all levels rather then having versions of itself across existence

I still don't understand the reference

Lavos is a popular character who has his main deal being that if you kill one, he exists in every single universe in the multiverse so that one will then come back. Acausality (Type 3) at it's finest and a pretty damn strong character.

Nifty. Anyways multiple temporal dimensions + them existing on multiple different planes at once should mean the 5D dudes have a decent argument for the rating again.

Serpent's Coil: Brutally repressed rumors suggest that there is more to Asmodeus than he admits. The story goes that the true form of Asmodeus actually resides in the deepest rift of Nessus called the Serpent's Coil. The shape seen by all the other devils of the Nine Hells in the fortress of Malsheem is actually a highly advanced use of the project image spell or an avatar of some sort.

The secret rift, formed by Asmodeus's plummeting body when he first arrived in the Nine Hells, spirals inward over the course of hundreds of miles. His titanic, miles-long form still rests here—and his wounds have yet to heal. His acid-black blood pools in the hollows of the rift, a substance fouler than foul.

From where fell Asmodeus? Was he once a greater deity cast down from Elysium or Celestia, or is he older yet, as the rumor hints? Perhaps he represents some fundamental entity whose mere existence pulls the multiverse into its current configuration.

Nobody who tells the story of Asmodeus's "true" form lives more than 24 hours after repeating it aloud. But dusty scrolls in hard-to-reach libraries (such as Demogorgon's citadel in the Abyss) yet record this knowledge. Unless it is pure fancy, of course.

Why must you be a troll Asmodeus' origin story.

literally teasing us

watch the language boyo, never know when Fandom is gonna TKO us

I don't think that's politically incorrect enough for FANDOM to hunt us down, actually

so feel free

It's Fandom

can't even say the B-word on this site anymore

Reduced to calling it the B-word

You see, for certain reasons I'm not allowed to say outloud (Because I shouldn't), using terms referring to the reproductive organs of a male is okay, while a term used to degrade a woman is not okay.

you act as if one isn't an insult in some uses/as if Fandom has actual reasoning

regardless this is derailing

Apparently, the fandom has banned the use of the word relating to when a Married Husband allows their spouse to go and sleep with another man.

Yeah. Just...

shaky ground nowadays, my friend. tread lightly.

N╠ÂA╠ÂH╠Â,╠ ╠ÂI╠Â'╠ÂM╠ÂM╠ÂA╠ ╠ÂG╠ÂO╠ ╠ÂD╠ÂO╠ÂW╠ÂN╠Â,╠ ╠ÂA╠ÂN╠ÂD╠ ╠ÂS╠ÂI╠ÂN╠ÂK╠ ╠ÂT╠ÂH╠ÂE╠ ╠ÂE╠ÂN╠ÂT╠ÂI╠ÂR╠ÂE╠ ╠ÂB╠ÂO╠ÂA╠ÂT╠ ╠ÂW╠ÂI╠ÂT╠ÂH╠ ╠ÂM╠ÂE╠Â!╠Â

also a potential solution

So before I get started with the sandbox, should I include a key for the world serpent origin? Because 2 editions mention it, which is the same amount as the angel origin. If added it would be "At least 2-A" due to creating the multiverse and being able to survive its complete destruction.

that Archdevil powers and abiltiies though

Looks fine, sorry for the delay in responses. Ordering a new laptop charger.

Yeah it's all missing a lot, methinks it is an unfinished prototype.

Skeleboi sasses everyone

Back