• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. II

They come from the Immortals handbook in the BECMI series or from Wrath of the Immortals.

> We can work it out here, might as well

Most should be easy. Zargon has his feat already calced, Father I. probably needs his thing recalced. We should iron out Artopus and Pandoyrm though.

Atropus should just be 5-B or 5-C due to statements of size, Father and Zargon should be High 6-A or 6-B depending on the storm usage, Pandorym should be fine as "At least 2-A, possibly/likely High 2-A"

Father has statements going up to 4-C(ish) though. At least via proxy effect. Atropus would also need a avatar key and Pandorym would require a incomplete and complete key.

Father's 4-C stuff was like making the sun die, right? Wasn't that over time? As for Atropus... maybe? How good was his avatar, been a long time since I read through Elder Evils. Pandorym too, I have no idea how strong his incomplete form was.

Father either dim's the Sun until it stops producing light or halts the planet's rotation.

For Atropus I mentioned the avatar since that's how it primirarly engages mortals. Considering the random chunks that float off of Atropus become Epic Level Monsters presumably his avatar should be stronger.

Pandorym is weird. I think he's the strongest Elder Evil in terms of just CR. But besides that it's mostly psionics. Theoretically you could scale him to the crater the mother of demons forms when she impacts a planet.

The impact quote

EL 20 (Overwhelming Sign): Ragnorra, blazing with a miles-long tail of corrupted essence, slams into the world. Most of her body is consumed in the impact, which creates a superheated crater 30 miles in diameter. The explosion can be heard a thousand miles away, and the tremors are strong enough to knock down buildings a hundred miles distant.

The force and heat of the collision spews pulverized earth into the atmosphere. This material, along with spores, ash, and fragments of Ragnorra's body, forms a towering plume visible across the continent. A twilight pall settles over the world, and a deadly, corrupting residue constantly drifts down. Larger fragments of the elder evil's body spontaneously generate aberrations, some quite powerful.

Elder Evils pg. 98

Ooh.

Some of that is very nice. Not sure if it is Tier 6 nice, though a 30-mile wide vaporized crater is nothing to sneeze at.

also that's some nasty Passive Corruption right there

Those both lead to the same image, with one just zoomed in lol

Mr. Bambu said:
Those both lead to the same image, with one just zoomed in lol
Nah. The left one is the standard rules, while the right one is a quick summery with a suggested varient

Ah. For reference, Father's feat would be Moon level- the RKE of the Earth is about 2.138e29 Joules.

Nice. Thinking about it he doesn't drain the Sun, but seemingly nullifies all of the surrounding light. So presumably it's closer to "Cancels all sunlight" rather than outright draining. So I think that would be (at most) a constant Low 6-B feat

I mean

The text does state he stopped the spin of the Earth, which would be 5-C

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with your Earth RKE figure. I was just clarifying what he did to the Sun.

Ah. Right. If it is decided he did this over time, we have decent enough proof of Elder Evils being High 6-B at least. Not sure we should scale to the physicals of Atropus.

Well as of now we have

• Father Llymic: 6-B for the planetary glacier, 6-B for the sun, and 5-C for the varient feat
  • Zargon: High 6-A for his storm
  • Leviathan: 6-A to High 6-A due to movements in its sleep and 5-B when its awake
  • Ragnorra: High 6-B
  • Pandorym: At least 2-A in its complete form
Atropus itself seems like its 5-C due to being able to control its body. But the avatar needa a key as does Pandorym's incomplete form

thought we said "At least 2-A, possibly High 2-A" for Pandorym due to vague references to higher dimensions

Also I believe Zargon's storm is now 6-B due to storm revisions, which means he and Father would probably scale to Ragnorra. Leviathan is a weird case and Atropus is also its own deal.

Didn't know about the storm revision. Well if it is 6-B then it would add more consistency for the EEs.

But I don't know if it's correct to scale one EE to another since they're so weird. Maybe something like "6-B, possibly High 6-B" could work. It's probably acceptable for Atropus' avatar to be High 6A as is Kyuss.

For Pandorym I'm not against a High 2-A rating, but I think we would need some more inout for it.

I mean

Is there a reason to believe they aren't physically comparable? Like they're all considered these astounding threats due to being an EE, I think it is plausible enough to say they probably share AP.

I think the big thing is that what connects them as a group is that they're dangerous due to the fact that most of them have extreme anti-divine powers.

Because the listed group contains: A head of a being that existed before time, a ancient Demon who existed before time, a Worm Man who is divine and not divine at the same time, an embodiment of chaos, the ruler of the Nine Hell's before Asmodeus, five alien statues, the precursor race to Demons, a being from the Far Realm, and a psionic weapon from a reality that's perpendicular to the multiverse.

Like the people on the list don't have a lot on common with one another. However, I don't disagree with them scaling to 6-B since that's a common enough rating and multiple passive powers result in that rating. It's just stuff higher than 6-B that I'm worried about.

Like saying the Hulks of Zoretha are 6-B I get, but saying they're High 6A is questionable imo.

I'm not gunning for High 6-A, I could see that as a possibility but they have no correlation to the Abomiations. But High 6-B makes sense as a baseline considering the consistent 6-B feats and being above singular adventurers, whose prep time feats for these levels are 6-B.

Maybe "At least 6-B, likely High 6-B" for them? If people are fine with High 6B I won't debate it, I just don't want to get the proposed ratings vetoed in a later thread.

I can agree to At least 6-B, likely High 6-B for the general populace of Elder Evils. Creatures with showings higher than that (Atropus) should have keys unique to them.

Yeah. The Levithan should be like

• At least 6-B, likely High 6-B | 5-B (Avatar|True Form)
Atropus is probably

• Likely High 6-A (Should be comparable to Abominations such as the Phateon and the Atropal) | At least 5-C (Aspect|True form)
Pandorym is probably

• At least 6-B, likely High 6A (Requires a joint alliance of Demons, Devils, and Angels to stop) | At least 2-A (Once unified its capable of killing all of the Gods and destroying the multiverse), possibly High 2-A (Can't think of one atm) (Mind|Unified)
He could also have a key for his body, but it'd be bare bones. But it has like, Tier 2 durability negation. If it is included then the key would be like (Mind|Body|Unified)

Leviathan has an avatar? I would think we have a key for sleeping and stuff, but I didn't even know it had an avatar.

Pandorym can safely be High 6-A, one feels. As for High 2-A, basically his statements strongly imply a higher-dimensional existence (called "extradimensional" and touching the multiverse at only one point).

Yeah it dreams up a smaller aspect of itself that the Adventurers fight. The sleeping key would probably be something like "At least 6-A (Stated as sinking continents in its sleep)

OH YEAH

you're right. Yeah it'd probably follow the 6-B/High 6-B key, same as the other "baseline" Elder Evils.

Actually I think we can get a GBE (dunno If that's how you determine a sentient planet's AP or what) for Atropus.

Atropus is the moonlet, the location where the player characters confront the elder evil and drive it from their world. The moonlet is a spheroid, 700 miles in diameter - Elder Evils pg. 23

The same page also states the moon is a low gravity environment. Now the best example I found for what that means is this section

A creature's carrying capacity doubles, and it gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Strength checks made to lift or move heavy objects - Elder Evils pg. 23

So presumably, since your carrying capacity is doubled the gravity is .5 gs

So (after converting the diameter) I got a minimum GBE of 3.863e+28 Joules or High 6A.

However its also mentioned that once the Aspect is beaten and the planet retreats it moves at a speed of 40,000 feet (either per second or per six seconds) and moves away from the world.

Oh.

Yeah I can do that. GBE. I can check your work later.

Also the KE

• (Assuming 40,000 FPS) = 1.73246E+30 Joules (5-C+)
  • (Assuming 6,666.667 FPS) = 4.81238E+28 Joules (High 6-A)

Yeah 40,000 fps seems more reasonable. I don't suppose I could convince you to post your work just so I can do the quick eval?

Since it comes from the conclusion of an event, and after all the effects of the fissures are done (so there are no more checks to make), it most likely refers to per second, instead of per round.

A casual GM's opinion. ovo

Same.

As seen on the calc but.

Well.

Don't wanna feel left out of the "Same" club.

Atropus' speed rating will be weird. It has statements that ranges from Mach 6 to some degree of FTL.

What's the FTL statement?

In the proposed adventure with it, the asventure states that Atropus looks like any other star in the sky, but after being altered to the PC's planet due to a massive loss of life it starts to rapidly close the distance.

Sounds like it'd be FTL, but I don't know how you'd calculate the distance.

Back