• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic (Cool Dudes Only) Dungeons and Dragons Discussion Thread

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I have no particular reason for creating this thread now outside of the fact that more people than usual have been working on D&D stuff lately and I don't want to work on my Barlowe's Inferno pages nor my actually important real-world work.

This thread is just a place to chatter about D&D. Talk about pages you wanna see, pages you think could be fixed, your own campaigns, homebrew you think is neat, ideas for matches. It doesn't bother me nor will it bother anyone else if it's only tangentially related to Dungeons and Dragons- discussion of other tabletops is also fine, since there are a lot of kick ass tabletops.

meepo.jpg

So to start: THIS ******* GUY, AM I RIGHT

Spoilers for the undoubted countless people who are in the middle of the Venn diagram of "VSBW users" and "Currently going through Sunless Citadel, a specific 3.5e module".

Meepo was just a dude we found, a weak kobold who was basically the janitor of a larger kobold force, and after the campaign, @Armorchompy looked him up and said "huh, Meepo has multiple appearances"

which was odd, because we thought Drite made him up

NOPE

Meepo, after being a janitor, canonically joined a guerilla army force (sorta-kinda implied to be the Cuban military) IN THE REAL WORLD, and became armed with a MOSSBERG SHOTGUN. IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.

After returning from the real world, Meepo became a godly general of the kobolds, and was clad in ******* white dragon scales in memory of the dragon he looked after. The one he cleaned the poop of. He is a high-level threat whose backstory is he cleaned the shit of a dragon he liked once.

I ******* hate Meepo, page presumably coming soon.

I woke up in this strange place, and there are already furrys in the OP???? 😨

Is it the verse with the most profiles? I saw commenting pages.

I don't know anything about D&D, but I've seen some tabletop rpgs on youtube.

Wow, Stranger Things is so famous they made Vecna in D&D 😁

I woke up in this strange place, and there are already furrys in the OP???? 😨

Is it the verse with the most profiles? I saw commenting pages.

I don't know anything about D&D, but I've seen some tabletop rpgs on youtube.

Wow, Stranger Things is so famous they made Vecna in D&D 😁
um actually kobolds are related to dragons so they're scalies

It is, we passed up Marvel and Pokemon a while back thanks to @Tllmbrg spamming shit-tier profiles with little effort

which tabletops

hate

hate to you, too

um actually kobolds are related to dragons so they're scalies
furrys-scalies 😨

It is, we passed up Marvel and Pokemon a while back thanks to @Tllmbrg spamming shit-tier profiles with little effort
🥶

which tabletops
It was one that mixed tabletop rpg with something more cinematic.

It wasn't like, four guys on a video with a webcam and a table and five to six hours of campaigning in one day.

It was a series of videos. It was like a mix of tabletop rpg and animated series, and the episodes weren't that long. It had animations and several frames drawn during the videos.

For example, in all the fights, they were animated fights. In the sense that when the players did some action the characters moved like any animation. So it was cool to see the fights, as it didn't depend on your imagination.

It was called "RPG Ninja" and it's on youtube (only in brazilian portuguese)

It's sad that it's been on indefinite hiatus for 3 years and will probably never come back.

Oh no, I am not furry
doubt
furrys-scalies 😨

🥶

It was one that mixed tabletop rpg with something more cinematic.

It wasn't like, four guys on a video with a webcam and a table and five to six hours of campaigning in one day.

It was a series of videos. It was like a mix of tabletop rpg and animated series, and the episodes weren't that long. It had animations and several frames drawn during the videos.

For example, in all the fights, they were animated fights. In the sense that when the players did some action the characters moved like any animation. So it was cool to see the fights, as it didn't depend on your imagination.

It was called "RPG Ninja" and it's on youtube (only in brazilian portuguese)

It's sad that it's been on indefinite hiatus for 3 years and will probably never come back.
D&D pages > Marvel pages anyways, my Iggwilv page is immaculate

if you were a fan of it you may enjoy similar animatic-type content. Was a big fan of Puffin Forest when he uploaded frequently, though he's definitely more on the comedy side of things. Also there's Critical Role but... meh, was never a big Critter myself.

swag (y)

Been playing Baldur's Gate 3 recently, it's really good so far. It takes a lot for me to willingly compliment 5e, so that's how you know they did a good job.

swag (y)

Been playing Baldur's Gate 3 recently, it's really good so far. It takes a lot for me to willingly compliment 5e, so that's how you know they did a good job.
HELL YEAH

I played it a little with Psycho, otherwise I had like 40 hours or so when EA first released in 2020 (pre-Bear Sex)

my ass is Githyanki Wizard (I crave medium armor) and @PsychoWarper went a Dragonborn Paladin, Astarion is his doting boyfriend.

Last edited:
HELL YEAH

I played it a little with Psycho, otherwise I had like 40 hours or so when EA first released in 2020 (pre-Bear Sex)
I never touched EA, it just kinda faded into my memory after a while. It was mainly the clips of people just ******* around sequence breaking by stacking boxes or pushing people off cliffs that made it catch my attention again (that and the bear sex).

I never touched EA, it just kinda faded into my memory after a while. It was mainly the clips of people just ******* around sequence breaking by stacking boxes or pushing people off cliffs that made it catch my attention again (that and the bear sex).
the infamous dev stream clip of literally Matt ******* Mercer stacking dozens of crates on top of each other to jump onto a castle, yeah

while I suspect combat is going to be less insanely busted compared to previous games, movement and other environmental interactions are looking mad goofy, looking forward to it

I want to do DnD, but my schedule is so busy that I know I would certainly fall into the tragic archetype of "player who cancels all the time" and I will not inflict that upon anyone.

HELL YEAH

my ass is Githyanki Wizard (I crave medium armor) and @PsychoWarper went a Dragonborn Paladin, Astarion is his doting boyfriend.
This is canonically false and slander, you are the one who Astarion is attached to at the hip.

Also I am working on the Stellar Dragon page rn, Bambu mentioned I decided to randomly do this which isn’t entirely accurate.

I decided to due to a video made by Dungeon Dad on Youtube who takes monsters from older editions and converts them into 5e, cool channel where he goes over the monster publication history, lore, combat/mechanics and suggestions for potential uses of said monster in your DnD campaign.

the infamous dev stream clip of literally Matt ******* Mercer stacking dozens of crates on top of each other to jump onto a castle, yeah

while I suspect combat is going to be less insanely busted compared to previous games, movement and other environmental interactions are looking mad goofy, looking forward to it
Combat isn't that busted but there's a lot of room for creative stuff. I don't think I'll ever get tired of pushing someone off of a cliff and into a pool of acid. At bare minimum there's definitely a lot more focus on using the environment to your advantage, which is one thing I'll give this game over Neverwinter.

Combat isn't that busted but there's a lot of room for creative stuff. I don't think I'll ever get tired of pushing someone off of a cliff and into a pool of acid. At bare minimum there's definitely a lot more focus on using the environment to your advantage, which is one thing I'll give this game over Neverwinter.
Larian had that as a carry over from DOS, yeah. It's slightly less prevalent here but still going strong, for sure.

I've been meaning to check out DOS for a while, I've heard really good things about it.
It's pretty good but BG3 is a definite improvement. Fane will never be topped as a companion.

Are all D&D players furrys?
D&D players are half old men who aren't openly sexual and half degenerates, very proud to fit into the former

don't mind Psycho he's just feeling snippy since Astarion doesn't want to spend time with him

Back