• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Adventurer WIP Blog Pt. II

Well, instead of spending an inaudinate amount of time taking apart the Composite Adventurer profile, why not have the abilities and AP sections divided into the classes using tabs?

It prevents a lot of Sameness, it keeps the Composite Adventurer profile and we negate the Multi-Classing issue, which isn't really an issue and can be subverted in a multitude of ways.

When it comes to using the profile, it's easy to then say which of the classes they're using.

The profiles will have slightly different abilities. But it was decided that splitting them is just a less contraversal and acceptable idea

Damn, best be changing Superman to Tier 0, don't whana get that cotraversy from Screwattack fans now do we?

Most of the later tiers will be the same anyways so its not a huge thing. Plus without splitting them I doubt it would've been accepted in the first place.

nobody mentions Old Ones are now just flat out High 1-B, making Lumi flat out 1-A

Basically CA got sidelined because people don't like the idea of it. It is still technically more accurate to present it as a singular whole profile.

Yeah that's right. Old Ones are High 1-B with no scaling and there's a statement in-universe stating something (presumably Lumi) watches them

One fact remains for you, as Dungeon Master, to decide. Who are the Old Ones? Are they indeed the greatest and most powerful beings of all? Or perhaps, as they wait secure in their power, do even the Old Ones naively fail to see the most obvious fact of all? Can they really believe that no higher Being watches them?

One who also watches... and waits...

I really don't get why we need to split up the profile

they're literally gonna be 99.99% the same for all the keys that people care about

Accuracy more than anything from the previous discussion. Doesn't matter a whole lot anyways. It's not to much extra work.

Pretty sure literally every claim of CA being inaccurate was debunked

but all you're gonna be doing is copy-pasting something like 70% of every of the profiles

A fair amount of them, yes. And each profile will need notes saying that with equipment you can access the abilities of, say, a Wizard or Cleric, while using the Barbarian class.

4e Legendary Adventures have a joint 5-B statement. In fact I still say we should have a Legendary Adventurer key after the level 17 stuff.

What's the Low 2-C feat? Also in 4e almost every plane was finite so controlling one wouldn't be much of a Tier 2 feat.

Then I might be miss remembering the event where Bahment accidental killed Lakal when he was fighting Nihil, the Primordial of nothingness.

Though Tiament might be able to scale to the dead 4e god Amoth who needed 4e Orcus, and Demogorgon to team up in order to kill.

4e Demogorgan is Low 2-C/2-C so if she does scale it would support a Tier 2 joint feat. Assuming no greater context.

I think both are Lesser Gods in every edition of the game. Although they seem like weirdly powerful Lesser Gods.

Udlmaster said:
I like this idea

We should have just one page labeled "Adventurer (D&D)" and not create several profiles that can hold the abilites of other profiles, can have access to the same gear, and a bunch of other things that would happen accordingly.

Just separate the classes via tabber and leave a note that multiclassing is a thing

^^^^^^^^^^^

though like

if we separate classes via tabbers

then we're not going to be able to separate the tier abilities. Granted that was a minor issue of little import but still.

We still can. We can just have them be separated via | within the tabbers

How do you mean? Tabbers don't work inside of other tabbers AFAIK.

As in

Stronkness lol | as before but fearhax GG

Has good spellness thingy | As before but with 2-A mindhax because end my suffering

Yes, separating via those is how we did it before, I was referring to being unable to separate tier abilities via tabbers, which was suggested and allowed earlier. Separating them via "|" is fine in this case.

Also

I kept the condensed version of the page on User:DMUA/incase, I'll try to split up the stuff by classes and keep the wonderous items and stuff in the collapsibles. Wall of text midigated.

I agree, it should be done.

For both profiles, the Immortals rating needs to change and Immeasurable ratings need to be removed

Oh yeah. I can take care of that.

As per splitting abilites... We should line up what abilites go where classwise, cause... Well it's the Composite Adventurer. We're gonna need to wrangle this thing harsly.

Considering the sheer length of the debate I don't think its a good idea to assume it'll still be one profile unless the dissenters agree with it.

What were the ratings for the Old Ones?

Immortals are High 2-A, Low 1-C without restriction, but what were they?

Mr. Bambu said:
maybe I can convince DMUA to put them in the Jack of All Trades War
And as I scroll through the thread I find this

HahahahahhahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Luckily even if I wanted to lose my mind, the Manipulation power system shuts down DND's lol it's magic 99% of the time

So we'd have a 1% DND character, which is an acceptable value

High 1-B is the Old Ones now, just flat out.

Qawsedf234 said:
High 2-A while restricted (Capable of creating and moving five-dimensional spaces). At least Low 1-C, likely much higher when unrestricted (Stated as being able to transcend all boundaries) | At least Low 1-C (Comparable to other Old Ones who created the Dimensional Vortex, a six-dimensional space of infinite size), likely High 1-B (The Old Ones are stated as creating the Multiverse which is believed to contain infinite dimensions)
The suggestes ratings.

Actually the Immortals and Ols Ones can probably roll with a "Infinite, likely Immersurable" rating I guess.

Low 1-C has been dropped for the Old Ones though

Ah

Sorry to be asking so much, but since I don't know squat about the muh dimensions of DND, what's the exact justification?

edit:fork

I don't think it was. The main issue for the split is that there's technically not a 100% confirmation on size, even if it's incredibly likely. It's why Lumi also has a split rating.

Back