• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Current Luffy at the first Marineford war

DaMonkeMan

He/Him
Luffy suddenly gets sent back in time to the Marine ford war, and the version of him that was originally at that war swaps places with him in time - thus current Luffy is in Marineford and Marineford Luffy is in Wano partying ( and probably about to get slapped by Aramaki )
Could Luffy completely change the outcome of the war with his newfound powers? Or would someone be able to some how stop his rampage? Tell me your thoughts.

Luffy suddenly gets sent back in time to the Marine ford war, and the version of him that was originally at that war swaps places with him in time - thus current Luffy is in Marineford and Marineford Luffy is in Wano partying ( and probably about to get slapped by Aramaki )
Could Luffy completely change the outcome of the war with his newfound powers? Or would someone be able to some how stop his rampage? Tell me your thoughts.
He'd certainly have a greater chance at it. I need to see the wiki and view the profiles of the other characters that would have participated in Marineford.

He'd certainly have a greater chance at it. I need to see the wiki and view the profiles of the other characters that would have participated in Marineford.
The people that came to the war that even have a chance against his current version are:
Mihawk
Garp
Sengoku
Shanks ( though he's on Luffy's side )
That's all I can think of rn

Also means that the version of Luffy that got sent back to Marine ford has gear five though

Does he still have WB on his side? Also as for his G5 im assuming he can't just tap into it so for most of this scene he wont be in it

Because right now admirals like Akainu were two shotted by Whitebeard and half of the characters here lacks showings of advance Haki in any field (except Admirals with advanced buso)

Luffy in base while could be considered weaker, if he is helping every single yonkou commander like Marco and Luffy vs Kizaru or Jozu and Luffy vs Aokiji with his far superior Haki showings (because again, Kizaru can´t see the future for example) it would make the war extremely easy for the Whitebeard pirates because they have now a semi-yonkou for the lack of a better term in their team

If this is gear 5, then he claps everyone

Does he still have WB on his side? Also as for his G5 im assuming he can't just tap into it so for most of this scene he wont be in it
I assume g5 CAN be tapped into like all of his other transformations since it's technically still a zoan transformation, but maybe it works as a transformation he gets after dying, as a type of resurrection. Obviously whitebeard is on his side

Because right now admirals like Akainu were two shotted by Whitebeard and half of the characters here lacks showings of advance Haki in any field (except Admirals with advanced buso)

Luffy in base while could be considered weaker, if he is helping every single yonkou commander like Marco and Luffy vs Kizaru or Jozu and Luffy vs Aokiji with his far superior Haki showings (because again, Kizaru can´t see the future for example) it would make the war extremely easy for the Whitebeard pirates because they have now a semi-yonkou for the lack of a better term in their team

If this is gear 5, then he claps everyone
It's implied garp ( and by extension probably Sengoku since he's narratively stronger and better in combat than the admirals, people who have advanced armament ) has some types of advanced haki, and I assume Mihawk has it too, since he's the strongest swordsman, above a yonko (Shanks).

It's implied
And for that reason I only use what they showed in the war because we also has Mihawk not cutting Mr.1 at first when the difference in AP/Durability is in the thousands

So right now, Luffy is superior for me until this characters do anything in later arcs, even then, only Luffy was able to combine buso+ hao Haki in one attack for what Kaido said

And for that reason I only use what they showed in the war because we also has Mihawk not cutting Mr.1 at first when the difference in AP/Durability is in the thousands

So right now, Luffy is superior for me until this characters do anything in later arcs, even then, only Luffy was able to combine buso+ hao Haki in one attack for what Kaido said
Fair point

I assume g5 CAN be tapped into like all of his other transformations since it's technically still a zoan transformation, but maybe it works as a transformation he gets after dying, as a type of resurrection. Obviously whitebeard is on his side
yeah im leaning more towards resurrection once his heart stops, but even then we don't know if its a 1 time thing or not. But with WB on his side i actually do think they get ace back
Unless mihawk goes crazy and garp is really admiral level I think the pirates have the strength advantage. You can argue they have the 2 strongest people

yeah im leaning more towards resurrection once his heart stops, but even then we don't know if its a 1 time thing or not. But with WB on his side i actually do think they get ace back
Unless mihawk goes crazy and garp is really admiral level I think the pirates have the strength advantage. You can argue they have the 2 strongest people
Garp is implied to be, or have been, far stronger than admiral leve!. He was on par with Prime Roger and Whitebeard, meanwhile the (arguably) strongest admiral was only able to match Whitebeard in his old, diseased state

I'm not necessarily talking about winning a fight, since the whole point of Luffy being there in the first place is to save Ace.

So realistically, I believe Luffy should be able to save Ace in Marineford. I think Luffy is definitely strong enough to fight against the God Tiers of the arc if need be, but since that's not his main objective, he should save Ace (obviously with the help of Impel Down folks and WB's crew).

Now realistically, my main question is if Luffy would instead go straight to combat Akainu. Because Akainu is the reason why Ace died (or will die since he goes back in time) in the first place. He might instead just get pissed off and go straight for Akainu and save Ace for later... or maybe not.

Though I think Luffy at this point in time should be able to fight and beat PTS Akainu, and then eventually get to but that's just my opinion and could very well be wrong.

TL;DR: Yes, Luffy should be able to save Ace and "win" the war.

I'm not necessarily talking about winning a fight, since the whole point of Luffy being there in the first place is to save Ace.

So realistically, I believe Luffy should be able to save Ace in Marineford. I think Luffy is definitely strong enough to fight against the God Tiers of the arc if need be, but since that's not his main objective, he should save Ace (obviously with the help of Impel Down folks and WB's crew).

Now realistically, my main question is if Luffy would instead go straight to combat Akainu. Because Akainu is the reason why Ace died (or will die since he goes back in time) in the first place. He might instead just get pissed off and go straight for Akainu and save Ace for later... or maybe not.

Though I think Luffy at this point in time should be able to fight and beat PTS Akainu, and then eventually get to but that's just my opinion and could very well be wrong.

TL;DR: Yes, Luffy should be able to save Ace and "win" the war.
Tbf he'd still fly up to the platform and try to fight the three admirals like last time, except now he actually can beat or distract them all.

Tbf he'd still fly up to the platform and try to fight the three admirals like last time, except now he actually can beat or distract them all.
Yeah idk how he'd get it done, but I know he'd want to get some hits in at least on Akainu, and maybe the other two as well.

I don't think even Current Luffy can solo 3 admirals at once. He can probably save Ace though
It depends. If he uses something like Bajrang Gun they can't defend their self or block or counter attack and probably can't even run given the size and speed of the attack.

Ace is going to be saved, Whitebeard lives, Akainu will be curbstomped.

It's as simple as that. Yonkou Luffy will tear through the troops with his future sight, easily dispatching of Smoker and some of the warlords like small fries.
The Marines, puzzled at Luffy's unfounded strength, is likely to consider him "as strong as the other legends in this war", and treat him like a big dog.

Mihawk is likely to withdraw the fight with Luffy as he did with Shanks for the same reasons, since Luffy is entirely capable of giving Mihawk actual trouble. If not, they will come to a stalemate match, but since currently, Mihawk doesn't have evidence for FS or Hao Infusion, Luffy is likely to overwhelm him with Gear 2nd. If Mihawk have those, they'd likely stalemated themselves, and Luffy would get past Mihawk with G2's speed to avoid confrontation.

This time, the key isn't necessary for Luffy to free Ace, so he just blast past the bay. He also does not need Ivankov's protection as Kizaru is the first sent to deal with Luffy like before.

This time, however, Kizaru can't seem to land a hit on the strawhat pirate. Surprised, Kizaru isn't quick enough to blitz past Luffy's Haoshoku attack, which severely damages the Admiral with the attack, sending him away. Sengoku is very likely to recognize this advanced form of Haoshoku Haki, and immediately changes his plan to focus entirely on Luffy.

But remember, Whitebeard is there as well. He isn't in the point where he joins the fight directly, but it's likely that he wouldn't use the tides tilt attack so it won't trip Luffy up. Rather, the big bois are going to back Luffy up as per pop's instruction, Marco can hold off an Admiral like Aokiji, Jozu is capable of hold off Mihawk, and Akainu...
Well, this Luffy remembers Akainu killing Ace. So when "Lava Girl" gets on sight, Luffy is going to scream, "AKAINUUU!" like a ************.

Luffy then, is likely jumping, and attacking the platform at this point, but then comes Garp. This time, there is no reason to hold back.

Luffy vs Garp
Garp intercepts Luffy while the latter is trying to jump at Akainu's throat. The Pirate's future sight again allows him to block his grandfather's punch, which is unsurprisingly coated in Armament.
Garp tells Luffy he can't believe Luffy knows how to use such an advance form of Conqueror's so early in his journey, Luffy however, ignores this comment as he begs for his grandpa to let him go, and tells him how he doesn't want to watch his brother die before his eyes again, how he is strong enough this time.
Confused, saddened, Garp struggles, but shakes it off by yelling at Luffy that he will have to defeat him to save Ace. Luffy, like in the original story, uses Gear Second, and prepares to attack with all he's got. Likewise, Garp flinches, as not only the memories of Luffy floods through his mind, but Luffy's desperate words shake him beyond his sense of duty. Garp is struck with a power Jet Pistol, this time, it damages the Vice-Admiral badly as he is sent to the ground. Luffy "wins".

Extending his arms, Luffy finally reaches the three admirals' platform, but alas, only Akainu is there. However, Luffy knows that fighting Akainu before saving Ace is just wasting time, he isn't as naive as before. While the Lava Admiral is preparing to fight, in a sudden attack, Luffy uses his Ryou to destroy where Akainu stood ground, gaining some time to climb the platform and reach the top. His Haoshoku easily dispatches both guards, with only Ace and Sengoku remaining.

Now, Luffy knows Sengoku can turn into a Buddha. He is likely grabbing Ace and jumping the f*ck out of there. Stronger, and with Ryou on the palm of his hand, Luffy uncuffs Ace a little before Akainu reaches them. Now, Whitebeard's shockwaves are keeping the other Admirals at bay, and Ace, with no reason to fight Akainu as of now, grabs Luffy and flies the **** outta there.

The rest of the war goes as the original story. Except Luffy is not that tired. When Akainu talks smack about Whitebeard, Luffy already expects as such, and transforms into Gear 4th: Snakeman. With his immaculate speed, after Ace loses his clash with the Admiral, Akainu is hit right in the face with a Jet Culverin, sending him away.
Luffy yells, "You're not going to hurt Ace again, get him, Python".

Akainu is quickly overwhelmed by the speed, and morfs himself to avoid damage, but Luffy can know predict that, and just changes trajectory to hit the admiral. When the attack is finished, Luffy gets off his G4 state, and grabs Ace.

After some struggle, Luffy and Ace, and Whitebeard leaves.

Ace is going to be saved, Whitebeard lives, Akainu will be curbstomped.

It's as simple as that. Yonkou Luffy will tear through the troops with his future sight, easily dispatching of Smoker and some of the warlords like small fries.
The Marines, puzzled at Luffy's unfounded strength, is likely to consider him "as strong as the other legends in this war", and treat him like a big dog.

Mihawk is likely to withdraw the fight with Luffy as he did with Shanks for the same reasons, since Luffy is entirely capable of giving Mihawk actual trouble. If not, they will come to a stalemate match, but since currently, Mihawk doesn't have evidence for FS or Hao Infusion, Luffy is likely to overwhelm him with Gear 2nd. If Mihawk have those, they'd likely stalemated themselves, and Luffy would get past Mihawk with G2's speed to avoid confrontation.

This time, the key isn't necessary for Luffy to free Ace, so he just blast past the bay. He also does not need Ivankov's protection as Kizaru is the first sent to deal with Luffy like before.

This time, however, Kizaru can't seem to land a hit on the strawhat pirate. Surprised, Kizaru isn't quick enough to blitz past Luffy's Haoshoku attack, which severely damages the Admiral with the attack, sending him away. Sengoku is very likely to recognize this advanced form of Haoshoku Haki, and immediately changes his plan to focus entirely on Luffy.

But remember, Whitebeard is there as well. He isn't in the point where he joins the fight directly, but it's likely that he wouldn't use the tides tilt attack so it won't trip Luffy up. Rather, the big bois are going to back Luffy up as per pop's instruction, Marco can hold off an Admiral like Aokiji, Jozu is capable of hold off Mihawk, and Akainu...
Well, this Luffy remembers Akainu killing Ace. So when "Lava Girl" gets on sight, Luffy is going to scream, "AKAINUUU!" like a ************.

Luffy then, is likely jumping, and attacking the platform at this point, but then comes Garp. This time, there is no reason to hold back.

Luffy vs Garp
Garp intercepts Luffy while the latter is trying to jump at Akainu's throat. The Pirate's future sight again allows him to block his grandfather's punch, which is unsurprisingly coated in Armament.
Garp tells Luffy he can't believe Luffy knows how to use such an advance form of Conqueror's so early in his journey, Luffy however, ignores this comment as he begs for his grandpa to let him go, and tells him how he doesn't want to watch his brother die before his eyes again, how he is strong enough this time.
Confused, saddened, Garp struggles, but shakes it off by yelling at Luffy that he will have to defeat him to save Ace. Luffy, like in the original story, uses Gear Second, and prepares to attack with all he's got. Likewise, Garp flinches, as not only the memories of Luffy floods through his mind, but Luffy's desperate words shake him beyond his sense of duty. Garp is struck with a power Jet Pistol, this time, it damages the Vice-Admiral badly as he is sent to the ground. Luffy "wins".

Extending his arms, Luffy finally reaches the three admirals' platform, but alas, only Akainu is there. However, Luffy knows that fighting Akainu before saving Ace is just wasting time, he isn't as naive as before. While the Lava Admiral is preparing to fight, in a sudden attack, Luffy uses his Ryou to destroy where Akainu stood ground, gaining some time to climb the platform and reach the top. His Haoshoku easily dispatches both guards, with only Ace and Sengoku remaining.

Now, Luffy knows Sengoku can turn into a Buddha. He is likely grabbing Ace and jumping the f*ck out of there. Stronger, and with Ryou on the palm of his hand, Luffy uncuffs Ace a little before Akainu reaches them. Now, Whitebeard's shockwaves are keeping the other Admirals at bay, and Ace, with no reason to fight Akainu as of now, grabs Luffy and flies the **** outta there.

The rest of the war goes as the original story. Except Luffy is not that tired. When Akainu talks smack about Whitebeard, Luffy already expects as such, and transforms into Gear 4th: Snakeman. With his immaculate speed, after Ace loses his clash with the Admiral, Akainu is hit right in the face with a Jet Culverin, sending him away.
Luffy yells, "You're not going to hurt Ace again, get him, Python".

Akainu is quickly overwhelmed by the speed, and morfs himself to avoid damage, but Luffy can know predict that, and just changes trajectory to hit the admiral. When the attack is finished, Luffy gets off his G4 state, and grabs Ace.

After some struggle, Luffy and Ace, and Whitebeard leaves.
Yeah, pretty much.

off rip he's punching akainu in the face.

marco and jozu go and split up the admirals

whitebeard leads the army until he jumps in to handle sengoku

Luffy maxes out Akainu and they face off for a long period of time

dudes go and save Ace
It depends. If he uses something like Bajrang Gun they can't defend their self or block or counter attack and probably can't even run given the size and speed of the attack.
they're burning, freezing, then lasering him

Garp's letting them save Ace btw

off rip he's punching akainu in the face.

marco and jozu go and split up the admirals

whitebeard leads the army until he jumps in to handle sengoku

Luffy maxes out Akainu and they face off for a long period of time

dudes go and save Ace

they're burning, freezing, then lasering him

Garp's letting them save Ace btw
They're burning him? Kaidou tried lasering and burning him, he still got clapped by Luffy's final attack

Bro, Luffy pulled up the ground and blocked a bolo breath, not much is different here.

Which leads to another question: what stops Luffy from turning them and their attacks into rubber and reflecting them? We know he can grab things like lightning.

Luffy isn't holding hundreds of lasers
Grab a few, stretch them out, and use them as a shield against the other lasers. Also don't those attacks have a build up? It's quite short and only like a second or two but that's enough to drop the bajrang gun on them

Grab a few, stretch them out, and use them as a shield against the other lasers. Also don't those attacks have a build up? It's quite short and only like a second or two but that's enough to drop the bajrang gun on them
overestimating Luffy's common sense. he isn't using a laser as a lightsaber

Current Luffy would be stronger than anyone at Marineford

And with Gear 5th, who ******* knows what nonsense he could pull

Ace would very likely get saved

Bro used his blood as lubrication to dry out Crocodile and you think he's not one of the most intelligent OP characters in terms of combat
using a liquid to hurt a dude weak to liquids isn't the same as grabbing lasers and using them to block other lasers...

plus, those other lasers would rip through the actual new rubber laser. so that's that

Back