• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Garou + Saitama mftl+ change?

While I have no issue with the low-end since I'm pretty sure it follows our normal standards for how we calc blitzs
it's not a standards thing, it's just the fact that the feat itself wasn't a blitz, it was like hundreds of separate blitzes within timeframes low enough to blitz garou, and even then only the punches themselves were the blitz, so we literally can't even say garou went from point A to point B in 0.001 seconds
so the entire original calc's ends are invalid, we just need to recalc it using the speed of the stones

I know what fight it comes from, now I want you to ask explain how it has ANYTHING to do with the io feat at all
The feats are completely identical and its a sooo much safer assumption than frozen rocks

Either that, 0.0001 or disregarding the feat

The feats are completely identical and its a sooo much safer assumption than frozen rocks
The feats looking similar literally means absolutely nothing for a timeframe
this literally has no kind of even simplistic or compelling logic behind it
do not pull values out of nowhere just because you feel like it

page_14.png
page_42.png
Screenshot_20221123-080928_Desmos.png

My bad it actually takes place in 1.3 milliseconds

Hate to be a Debbie downer here but the third feat isn't usable. Garou created a portal to get back to Earth from IO and Saitama followed him through it. They didn't cross the whole distance by themselves.
Not referring to that feat, it was when Saitama and Garou were thrown at IO from Serius Punch^2. I added it because it might work. But it's not the main point. I'm not mind that.

The feats looking similar literally means absolutely nothing for a timeframe
this literally has no kind of even simplistic or compelling logic behind it
do not pull values out of nowhere just because you feel like it
Well to me it appears that the authors intended to make the io feat identical but superior to garou's

If yall think its invalid good luck figuring out a timeframe

Assuming the rocks were frozen is horrible wank compared to the assumption of intent but go on

Also if the first feat contradicted the speed of shockwaves on earth, why do you think the io feat would be consistent?

i mean't after it, with the serious fart
Saitama wasn't thrown to the Sun. That's a misinterpretation. Garou sends him flying, opens a portal and goes through it (which leads to Earth). Saitama then farts and instantly catches up to Garou through the portal.

Just calc the serious sneeze speed and use that if this is invalid, Garou dodged it point blank so he should scale to it. idk

Just calc the serious sneeze speed and use that if this is invalid, Garou dodged it point blank so he should scale to it. idk
Garou was concerned as soon as saitama opened his mouth so i believe thats a case of aim dodging
And saitama wouldn't scale to the speed of his sneeze without evidence

Saitama wasn't thrown to the Sun. That's a misinterpretation. Garou sends him flying, opens a portal and goes through it (which leads to Earth). Saitama then farts and instantly catches up to Garou through the portal.
I forgot the portal, oops.

Well to me it appears that the authors intended to make the io feat identical but superior to garou's

If yall think its invalid good luck figuring out a timeframe

Assuming the rocks were frozen is horrible wank compared to the assumption of intent but go on
It's superior in scale, but that means less than nothing in terms of getting a timeframe

bump
I think we're going to have to postpone the new calc method for later and just revert to ftl for now, all that really matters is that the current timeframe is wrong and invalidates the calc
finding a new one has proven too controversial, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it's no longer within the scope of the crt

I mean fair enough but the creator of the blog can also just adjust it as necessary once a timeframe is agreed on

the feat happened, but it could have taken 10 seconds or something
without any timeframe we don't know if it's relevant. Although, of course there's always an alternative method, which can be discussed in a different thread

We can just assume a timeframe and make low, mid and high ends based on them 🤷‍♂️ no need to revert back to FTL

We can just assume a timeframe and make low, mid and high ends based on them 🤷‍♂️ no need to revert back to FTL
That’s completely arbitrary
like, more arbitrary than any possible calc
the only thing we objectively could know is that it’s somewhere between 0 seconds and a few hours, since the sun hadn’t set
we have absolutely no direct timeframe information other than that to make an educated guess.

I mean even 1 second is a massive lowball considering how absurdly faster than Platinum Sperm Cosmic Garou and Saitama are lol

The first three are all common ends to use for stuff with no solid timeframe, but an indication that it happened quickly
technically there is no indication, since the light is known to linger
the rest come from inferior feats by inferior characters.
this is not how logic works. Timeframes do not carry over between unrelated feats across massively different distances.

I mean even 1 second is a massive lowball considering how absurdly faster than Platinum Sperm Cosmic Garou and Saitama are lol
I agree, it's just that there really is not a reliable time reference to use.

Even the 1.3 millisecond feat doesn't work since the distance traveled makes it incomparably irrelevant compared to the I.O. feat. Additionally, to assume that both feats happened it the same amount of time requires a large assumption with no real basis other than the fact the Saitama and Cosmic Garou are faster than the prior - and to me this is an insufficient reason to justify using the time frame other than a desperate attempt at some type of scale. I mean at best I word argue that the I.O. feat would be at least faster than 0.0013 due to a natural logical and narrative progression of how much more powerful Saitama and Garou are than the rest of the cast but then you could justify any finite time frame faster which again is insufficient.

Unless someone takes the time to spot something or justify the preexisting calc I think it would be best to drop the calc completely and simply not use it as a reasoning for there mtfl+ speeds.
Sorry for the paragraph.

Back