• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Garou + Saitama mftl+ change?

Can someone find the speed of the serious table flip then? That would be important for finding the speed of the rocks I think

well several staff members that voted still need to come back to respond to new arguments
given that there's incredibly blatant evidence that none of the feat occurred in a blitz timeframe, especially not all of the bounces at once, I think it's necessary that all of the staff give their input
especially since, this is actually supposed to be an upgrade thread anyways....so

especially since, this is actually supposed to be an upgrade thread anyways....so
Not a good perspective to take tbh. You shouldn't look at it as an "upgrade thread", it's just a revision thread. There isn't even a conclusion yet if removing this timeframe will result in an upgrade or downgrade yet.

Not a good perspective to take tbh. You shouldn't look at it as an "upgrade thread", it's just a revision thread. There isn't even a conclusion yet if removing this timeframe will result in an upgrade or downgrade yet.
wellll yeah but there's other options that would likely be an upgrade, I'm just asking for a little cooperation is all regardless of if there's agreement with the low end or not, so I'm asking for all staff that have voted to actively participate still

We have to decide to choose 0.5 or 0.0013 right? The latter makes this feat 617c while the former 1.6c...

We have to decide to choose 0.5 or 0.0013 right? The latter makes this feat 617c while the former 1.6c...
Both of those are arbitrary values
the current correct way to do this is using serious table flip speed with IO escape velocity afaik, then using snail speed to find their speed

Both of those are arbitrary values
the current correct way to do this is using serious table flip speed with IO escape velocity afaik, then using snail speed to find their speed
Snail speed is not applicable here; we don't have nearly enough evidence to consider the debris to be "frozen".

These pieces of debris are kilometers across. We can't tell from a still frame that they're moving less than a milimeter relative to Saitama.

The light beams connect all the rocks together perfectly,
Said lightbeams can exist multiple seconds after being formed. As shown when Saitama was talking to Genos and after Garou killed PS.

They don't give any timeframe indication other than it happened in a handful of seconds.

Said lightbeams can exist multiple seconds after being formed. As shown when Saitama was talking to Genos and after Garou killed PS.

They don't give any timeframe indication other than it happened in a handful of seconds.
Exactly my point
they linger for a few seconds, but the rocks, which would be moving, do not separate from the beams
if the beams don’t move and the rocks are in the same place as the lights, then the rocks didn’t move either, thus making table flip speed reliable for the calc

Exactly my point
they linger for a few seconds, but the rocks, which would be moving, do not separate from the beams
if the beams don’t move and the rocks are in the same place as the lights, then the rocks didn’t move either, thus making table flip speed reliable for the calc
How do you know they don't move? Because they don't look like it? You need more than that for frozen timeframes.

How do you know they don't move? Because they don't look like it? You need more than that for frozen timeframes.
As I just said, the Light beams (which don't move) are clearly still touching all the rocks perfectly, meaning the rocks didn't move from their original position

I tried some Recalc and some added Calc. Hope it helps

I don't want Saitama to be downgraded to FTL again.
Hate to be a Debbie downer here but the third feat isn't usable. Garou created a portal to get back to Earth from IO and Saitama followed him through it. They didn't cross the whole distance by themselves.

jYthUuc_d.webp

fHEocYq_d.webp

Ala38nu_d.webp

Last edited:
the 0.0013 timeframe is invalid for literally the exact same reason as the current timeframe
the 0.5 timeframe is invalid due to having....absolutely NOTHING to do whatsoever with literally any part of the feat at all, literally where are these values coming from, why can nobody explain why they're being used

Didn't saitama catch up to garou when he was throw to the sun and they landed on earth shortly after? That could be a good feat if io is gone

the 0.0013 timeframe is invalid for literally the exact same reason as the current timeframe
the 0.5 timeframe is invalid due to having....absolutely NOTHING to do whatsoever with literally any part of the feat at all, literally where are these values coming from, why can nobody explain why they're being used
Well, discarding the feat is our only option then, since it is impossible to quantify it without relying on headcanon timeframes.
Didn't saitama catch up to garou when he was throw to the sun and they landed on earth shortly after? That could be a good feat if io is gone
Post #111 explains how that's not true.

Calcs are allowed to use different reaction times when a character is explicitely said to have them. (like someone stated to have sound speed reactions getting that used in a calc.) So in theory Saitama had to be juggling Garou around with each clash taking less than 0.0013 seconds ( a timeframe in wich he was comfortably making hundreds of clashes in a massively weaker key.)
Not that it's getting a much better result than the current FTL calc tho.

Calcs are allowed to use different reaction times when a character is explicitely said to have them. (like someone stated to have sound speed reactions getting that used in a calc.) So in theory Saitama had to be juggling Garou around with each clash taking less than 0.0013 seconds ( a timeframe in wich he was comfortably making hundreds of clashes in a massively weaker key.)
Not that it's getting a much better result than the current FTL calc tho.
even being launched to a single rock doesn't scale to blitzing him, since he reacts BEFORE hitting the rocks

While I have no issue with the low-end since I'm pretty sure it follows our normal standards for how we calc blitzs, I will say that if the low-end gets thrown out then the entire original calc should be tossed. The other two ends are far more unreliable with the shockwaves being frozen having nothing to really support since we only see that one panel where everything would be frozen and without other panels to illustrate this like we had with Flashy Flash's fight with the two ninjas, there is nothing really supporting that end. And treating the shockwaves as light that is frozen makes even less sense since not only is the light witnessed able to stick around for a few seconds, giving us no clear timeframe for its disappation, but it has the same issue of no other panels showing a delineation of time.

TLDR:
Either we treat the low-end as fine and keep it, or we don't use the calc at all are the only ideas I think work here

Back