• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cosmic Garou + Saitama mftl+ change?

Just saying that there was shockwaves in the garou fight and the timeframe was 0.0013

The shockwave end shouldn't be used

isn't there a slowest possible shockwave? It's inherently faster than the speed of sound so, I'm pretty sure you could get a low-mid shockwave end

Exactly.

This timeframe justification is just "Garou could fight Platinum Sperm in 0.0001 seconds, but Saitama punches Garou thousands of times across the surface of Io without Garou being able to fight back so it all must have taken place in 0.0001 seconds"... when that doesn't have to be remotely true.
I agree with damage

sn't there a slowest possible shockwave?
No. A shockwave is completely dependent on the medium and the energy of the event that generates the shockwave. It's why the more explosives you put in something the bigger and faster the shockwave is. It's also why sound travels much faster in solids than it does in liquids or air.

Well that's because we are explicitly given a timeframe.
We are given the feat with a timeframe

We're given the exact same feat but on a larger scale with no timeframe

Why would the first and second shockwaves be different?
The atmosphere reasoning doesn't apply as the canon timeframe is inconsistent with real shockwave speed, so even if we get the shockwave speed on io it shouldn't be used

The formula wouldn't work. Shockwaves don't have a set speed and the atmosphere it's moving through would influence speed. Using some generic figure without a justification wouldn't work.

Just use the 0.0013 figure or the 0.5 second figure in my view.
Probably the most direct resolutive suggestion.
Unless Damage has a problem with it?

Can you stop repeating this as if it actually proves anything?
How the **** doesn’t it prove anything? You’re literally just staring at the valid argument and saying “but uhhh no it doesn’t”
What the hell do you want me to explain? That’s literally the proof and you’re just denying it because you don’t understand the basic logic of the fact that if you react to something then you weren’t blitzed
holy shit

Garou's timeframe against ENW.
I don’t see how that scales to this
all the solutions given are just arbitrarily based on things he did in the past
just because he crossed a different distance at a difference speed in another fight doesn’t mean he got tossed around an insanely massively longer distance in this fight with the same timeframe

How the **** doesn’t it prove anything? You’re literally just staring at the valid argument and saying “but uhhh no it doesn’t”
What the hell do you want me to explain? That’s literally the proof and you’re just denying it because you don’t understand the basic logic of the fact that if you react to something then you weren’t blitzed
holy shit
Screaming after being hit is a reaction to the fact that you were hit, not a reaction to the attacker in question

Screaming after being hit is a reaction to the fact that you were hit, not a reaction to the attacker in question
yes, and he reacted before he hit the rock, so it’s contradictory to say that him being thrown around IO was all done in a timeframe that could blitz him, since clearly he was able to react multiple times before the sequence ended, thus directly invalidating the timeframe.

The 0.0001 second timeframe can't be used for the entire sequence of movement. There's no basis for that.
Garou in a much weaker state can perform a bunch of movements in this timeframe, and he turned around a bunch, indicating he was reacting to his own movement. So, he can react in such a small amount of time, yet he couldn't react to Saitama's movements in a much stronger state.
yes, and he reacted before he hit the rock, so it’s contradictory to say that him being thrown around IO was all done in a timeframe that could blitz him, since clearly he was able to react multiple times before the sequence ended, thus directly invalidating the timeframe.
That was after he was hit, so that doesn't mean anything. If I got hit by a bullet and screamed from the pain, that doesn't mean I reacted to the bullet

Yes, but the calc isn't just for Saitama's first punch.

It's all the movements he took after that.

That was after he was hit, so that doesn't mean anything. If I got hit by a bullet and screamed from the pain, that doesn't mean I reacted to the bullet

Sure, but if after that bullet hit you it then ricocheted 10,000 times around the room; we wouldn't use your reactions for the movements of that bullet.

For the love of god I literally just directly explained why that’s wrong
I can’t do this with you, I’ll let someone with more patience explain this

holy shit
Reacting in pain after getting hit doesn't disprove a speed blitz. Had he yelled in fear before the punch landed ,then it wouldn't Be a speed blitz.

Shouldn' the mid end be accepted since the rocks appear frozen when Saitama sends Garou flying around Io?
page_50-51.png

Like here, you can observe the dots where Saitama clashes with Garou to send him flying all while the remains of Io appear frozen in the air during the motuon

This isn't anything new its something Murata does to showcase speed like when Boros used Meteoric Burst or Flashy vs the ninja bros.

The rocks appeared frozen in garous version and the timeframe wasn't as ridiculous as the mid end

Can we not

You need more than just a single panel for the "rocks to appear frozen".

Reactions: Sus
Even if they were frozen, such a ridiculous timeframe is contradicted by the manga anyway

Reacting in pain after getting hit doesn't disprove a speed blitz. Had he yelled in fear before the punch landed ,then it wouldn't Be a speed blitz.
Oh my god I can’t believe you
I’m so done with this.

It doesn’t ******* matter if the punch speed blitzed him or not, it’s the fact that he was able to react to being hit before he hit the first rock, so clearly hitting HUNDREDS OF ROCKS WASN’T DONE IN SHORT ENOUGH TIME TO BLITZ HIM.
god damn you people need to stop being stonewalls that just deny reality when faced with a valid argument

I can't find it. Either I'm missing something or you gave a poor explanation
I think you're missing Zillerthebucko's point .I think this is what he is trying to say (I myself have no opinion on this thread though ) :
1.Garou got punched by saitama
2.After being hit ,Garou screamed in pain
3.and that happened before he was thrown into somewhere else/point B
4.Then Saitama Punched him again ,So we shouldn't assume that Saitama blitzied Garou through the entire IO .

Back