• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Condolences to the family and members involved in the attack on Kyoto Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnCenaNation said:
Why do people hate Kyoto Animation? What did Kyoto Animation do to them?
Some people disliked the studio for making mostly slice of life shows, considering them bland or lacking in content. They considered that KyoAni had driven anime into a bubble of uncreativity, and that it used cheap plots to capitalize on people's feelings without putting in effort.

But please, simply not liking their anime does not make anyone a killer or terrible human being. Gloating about the death of someone who didn't do anything to you is what makes you a terrible human being.

So the motive was the content...

And here I was thinking that we had reached/were reaching a point where people only Ironically thought anime was a mistake, where it united people for a mutual love of writing, animation, and dreams. Things like this make me wonder more than most anything else: What goes on in people's heads?

Rest In Peace.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Going to be honest, this is why there are times where I very much hate fictional debates because of how heated they get and how something so very irrelevant, like a vs match or fiction in general, can divide people and make them to believe they're enemies. All because someones favorite fiction or character doesnt win a comparison.

Thats why I always try and maintain a mutual level of respect and kindness to whoever I have a discussion with. Whether we agree or not, at the end of the day, how you present your character to people and how you maintain a relationship to them (aquintance, friend, etc.) is what matters, not something that isnt real and should not have influence over how we act or how we feel towards people.

I hope that this can be a teaching lesson to people about how fiction is irrelevant to how you live your life. As horrible and digusting that this tragedy is, I really do hope people understand how fiction is not a problem and should not be a problem in our lives, so long as we dont let it go that far. Fiction isnt bad for us, its just how we perceive it that can make it look bad, Focus on the good, not the bad. If you become inspired by fictional work to better your character, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. But what you shouldnt ever do is let fiction end your relationships with people and sink your life down into a black hole.
You are totally right, people usually be angry for irrelevant things. Like you I usually try to be always kindness and maintain respect, even when the other doesn't do that. Vs debates and other things are just hobbies, we should always don't take VS too seriously, if someone always disagree with you doesn't mean he is your enemy. What can I say now? Hope to have pleasant debates with you guys and my condolences again for this tragedy.

Dvorak1902 said:
We don't know the motive. Like I said already, it doesn't matter because the perpetrator seems to be mentally ill and likely didn't even know it himself.
In any case, he will have plenty of free time to think about it.
I thought he'd be executed in accordance to Japanese law.

But he will likely have time to think and hopefully regret his actions.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is the epitome of a feel-good anime and it's not only one of my favorite anime ever but one of my favorite series period. The overwhelming talent of the people who worked at KyoAni is present in practically every frame of that show and no doubt all the others they've produced. I know it's a cliche to some people but the survivors and families of the deceased are in my prayers.

None of these innocent people deserved what happened to them, but that piece of shit deserves the special place in hell that's reserved for filth like him-- a thousand-fold.

M5m4tddjh1b31

I saw the word families, clicked on this thread, and then read this: What the heck is wrong with people. How do you go through the entire process of buying all that gasoline, getting matches, going to the company, and dump it everywhere and not once think 'hmm maybe what I'm doing is the ******* worse thing ever'. Like killing someone is pretty messed up, but trying to kill over hundreds of people over cartoons!?

See, I want to make a joke like I tend to out of sheer habit but...

Don't do that. Especially over something as dumb as copyright and money. That's a higher level of idiocy and ignorance.

Condolences to all those involved. Sad to see such a massive amount of damage done to so many families.

Saw this earlier and didn't want to comment on it, but man, does it make me irate.

It's just a crazy delusional asshole who shouldn't even have been allowed to walk on the streets in the first place. The fact that more than 30 people died to a reason as pety as that breaks my heart. This is awful.

My condolences to everyone involved.

As many much have said, this has been a catastrophe. There's no need of repeating what already's been said in my, but a particular thing's recurrent in my thoughts and it is why a human being would do such a thing over what seems to be fiction? Even if it's out of sheer anger and hate, why would someone bother to ruin the life of oneself and others for a short-lasting satisfaction?

I'm really sorry for those who lost their lives over due to this undeserved event and by such a pitiful person. I'd be willing to donate but sadly there's no real method of transfering currency in my end at the moment.

Even if I havent been a particular viewer of this studio, I can't really doubt their effort and expression through art, but it's a shame how detrimental the industry has been getting lately thanks to multiple factors beyond what's intended, and it seems this'll generate quite a bit of a backslash right there.

Don't suppose it matters if one more person says it, and I doubt it'll make any tangible difference, but my deep actual condolences go out to those affected by this.

I've heard it said that Americans are dulled to this sort of disaster since such acts of violence are more common here. Allow me to say this isn't the case in the same way that jamming something into the same open wound doesn't make that wound go away.

Didn't know the company, never watched a single thing they made or had even heard of them prior to today- so my deepest and most profound condolences to a company that apparently strived to do good. Hopefully they can recover and move past this.

Apparently, the twitter page was made before the fires were up; though, that could be a timezone error given Japan is far ahead most time zones. But someone suspects that it Sentai could be a scammer who's actually just trying to help themself rather than Kyoto Studios. Not sure if that's actually true, but Kepekley is just noting that you should be cautious before actually donating to them.

Yes, that is probably a timezone error.

Do we know that the Gofundme page was definitely opened by another animation studio? If so, I doubt that their reputation would survive, or that they would have a legal leg to stand on if they took the money themselves after an event like this.

From what I know about the studio, the people there are really nice and hard-working. They did not deserve this. Nobody deserves this.

I hope they recover from this soon and get back to doing what they love.

And I know many of you will disagree with this sentiment, but: I hope the perpetrator, who is currently hospitalised, also recovers. He doesn't deserve to die. He should spend the rest of his life in one of Japan's world-famously strict prisons, be put to work, and made to reflect on his actions. And I hope he gets the psychotherapy he desperately needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back