• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Complete Gauntlet Thanos

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources
Why is it exactly that we treat the snap as Deconstruction alone and not something else entirely?

Deconstruction kills people, but despite this, Strange still had the ability to peer past his dusting with the Eye of Agamotto, even though the Ancient One stated that she peered into countless futures but she couldn't look past her own death.

Has this been addressed before?

Simple. Doctor Strange was resurrected. The Ancient One wasn't.

I also fail to see how this in any way relates to the snap itself.

So you are insisting Strange was resurrected in every single possible timeline that he saw into? Not that this is exactly relevant, he was still dead for that time, he wouldn't have been able to look past his death unless we decide to make the assumption that his visions also skipped 5 years.

It has all to do with the snap though, as it pertains to how we treat it as an ability.

That's not at all my point.

Let's assume that Strange's precognition only lasts for as long as he's alive. In all of those failed attempts, the vision simply ended with his death. In the successfully one, the vision ended briefly when he died and then picked back up again when he was resurrected. Basically, he just experiences the same time jump Peter describes when he's resurrected.

All that is assuming that Strange's precog isn't simply better than the Ancient One's regardless.

The Wright Way said:
That's not at all my point.

Let's assume that Strange's precognition only lasts for as long as he's alive. In all of those failed attempts, the vision simply ended with his death. In the successfully one, the vision ended briefly when he died and then picked back up again when he was resurrected. Basically, he just experiences the same time jump Peter describes when he's resurrected.

All that is assuming that Strange's precog isn't simply better than the Ancient One's regardless.
It wouldn't be an assumption as both receive their precog from the same object, and there's nothing suggesting Strange's was better as the Ancient One had spent much more time with it.

The problem lies with the fact that we don't know if it works that way, we don't actually know if his visions can pick up after the point of resurrection, all we know is that Strange was aware five years had passed without actual explanation.

Four explanations.

1. The above mentioned resurrection thing.

2. Strange simply has better precog, sense the Ancient One said at one point that he's supposed to be better than her.

3. Tha Ancient One wasn't being literal and was simple trying to connect with Strange in her final moments (if I'm remembering the scene right).

4. The writers didn't think of it.

I personally think 4 is the most plausible.

Her exact quote goes like this:

"I've spent so many years... peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless, terrible futures. And after each one, there's always another. And they all lead here, but never further."

She mentions that she saw possibilities of Strange's future but not it exactly, whether or not she couldn't do this is because she eventually dies or not isn't exactly spoken.

Back