• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

The explosion dissipates well before it can really reach anyone. Puppens dolls are seemingly unable to hit the creature for whatever reason. Abarim finds himself making very little, if any, progress towards the creature. Fortunately for him, it has essentially walked into punching range, although looking too closely at its skin makes his head hurt even more than usual.

Samson making the everything explode is stymied by the apparent density of the storm. Everyone feels a distinct sense of deja vu.

Secundus' poison appears to stop making progress entirely a few hundred meters from the creature, simply being thrown back at him instead. Body 2s missles instantly get punted into the distance, seemingly embedding themselves deep inside of the ground that should be behind the mountains. It is unclear if Unheard Prayer took effect, as the creature hasn't actually been damaged besides crinkling slightly when Alkaid is used.

Meretrix' energy balls are immediately thrown directly backwards into the ground near Secundus 2s missles. Sieg finds himself unable to desummon the Gae Bolg, immediately seeing that the red light being thrown back at him is a massive burst of Gae Bolgs, although any other information is instead replaced with distorted smiley faces.

As the creature gets closer, the people who did not visit their Personal Realities find themselves being rapidly pushed backwards with the mental effects simply growing worse, even slightly affecting Solomon and Silas.

Puppen's still just kinda lays flat on the ground in 'pain'. "Is this what drugs feeel like~? Cause if so ima nevah dooooo them~!" Her dolls continue to attempt to defend Puppen's.

I can't let it keep going like this.

I use magicules to morph some of the blood nearby into a large spear and then increase the density of the spear's molecules several hundreds of times. After making sure it is stable, I remove the magicules from the spear and throw it at the blood being, aiming for its upper torso.

''Abarim steps forward and throws his weight into a punch.''

"This thing pushing magicules away is rather annoying."

Solomon turns some of the blood from the mound into a sphere, he then strengthens it, making it solid and even adding heat before removing enough magicules so that the orb wouldn't be rejected completely, and does so without jeprodizing all of its power and structure. Once he finishes, he tosses the orb towards the creature's center.

If it expells magicules in a radius, it could hypothetically push itself apart if magicules got inside it. He thinks, after the sphere was thrown

Secundus continues attempting to push forward.

Body 1 attempts to close in as much as it can, trying to get within range to unleash all of its stored up energy in an explosion.

Body 2 attempts to generate more missiles, this time forming them into one large clump, trying to make the form dense enough that the creature can't push it away as easily.

Body 3 adds poison and seeds to that same clump, trying to make it even more dense.

Body 4 fires off Alkaid, adding it to the pile and attempting to push it towards the creature as much as possible.

Sieg swaps the Eye of Horus, since it won't help in this situation, for Zeus' Aegis, then holding the shield in front of himself and Meretrix and standing completly still, to activate the special effect of the artifact to create an attack nullifing barrier, which will hopefully null the mental effects too.

Meanwhile, the forcefield from the Staff of Circe remains active.

Meretrix tries to read the beast's mind to try to find a weakness, while trying to find what is their most dangerous technique

In a last effort move, i simply punch with all the possible strength i can muster, to create an physical shockwave towards the being. After all, it pushes magicules, but not nescessary everythig else.

Jakovich, seemingly mostly unharmed, quickly takes to levitating into the air with an enhancement to himself, before aiming at the reflected Gae Bolg, attempting to purify it back into Sieg's control and lessen the potential pain behind the blow. That was his weapon, right?

As before, the dolls are seemingly unable to directly hit the creature. Abarim's punch causes the creature to "stumble" slightly. He sees something sharp form in front of him, but it quickly disappears as the combined force of the blood spear and ball, in addition to the storm that seems to have been forcibly swirled into a point in front of and by both of them, drastically increasing the overall power of the attack, cause the entire top half of the creature to disappear with a violent "BOOM", easily shaking the entire warped space they reside in. While the effects of its presence ease significantly, directly viewing the creature itself causes the everyone's eyes to itch, even Silas and Solomon.

Secunuds 1 finds itself making far more progress than before, but being close enough to see the creature in real detail seemingly causes it to start rapidly rotting. The missle clump isn't thrown back, but can't actually make contact with the creature itself, although it is quite close. Jakovich's purification causes several of the lights to disappear, with the rest impacting Aegis and sending Sieg flying into the distance, although he himself starts to feel tangy.

Meretrix is quickly rebuked after discovering little more than that the creature is already the most dangerous it could be. John and Samson's shockwaves cause it to reel slightly, giving everyone a short moment before its charge continues.

Despite this, a distinct hum-like noise can be heard from all around everyone, with the surface of the creature, visible even behind several smoke screens, rapidly shifting and roiling, as though building up for something.

I gather two more blood spears and make sure they're extremely dense before picking them up in each hand.

Okay, here goes nothing.

I close my eyes, letting my other senses guide my shots. I throw the first lance aiming at the left side of the creature's lower half. After a few seconds, I throw the second lance at the right side of the creature's lower half.

''Abarim keeps going throwing a kick at whatever remains if the creature''

The doll's see that they can't aim for crap and pick up Puppen's, they try to run away with her. "Eeeexit stage riiight~." Puppen's says hazily. Having crappy endurance is, well, kinda crappy. Who coulda seen that coming?

I starting charging an attack myself, far stronger than my normal output, by absorbing and concentrating all types of energy into my fist.

Solomon repeats what he did last time, but instead of a single orb he launches three, tossing them all at the creature.

Noticing that it was doing something, he puts a barrier around himself using magicules, to help defend himself in case his invulnerability didn't help him.

Sieg gets up, while desummoning his shield.

"Oooof ... that one hurt."

Sieg says while breathing heavelly.

It seems this "blood" is effective against it, better capitalize on it.

The artifact user thinks while looking at the ground, as he summons Failnaught, utilizing magicoule control to shape a giant and extremelly dense greatarrow out of the gory red material, the removing the magicoules once the structure is stable

Using his 4 senses other than sight, alongside the boost in accuracy and precision from his weapon, Sieg fires the blood projectile against what remains of he beast, while several dozens of smaller sound arrows are fire alongside it, which becuase of being basically just concentated shockwaves shouldn't be repelled back.

Body 1 continues pushing as much as it can, letting its invulnerability soak up damage to try and get close and release the explosion.

Bodies 2 and 3 attempt to utilize the surrounding blood, forming it into projectiles and shooting it at the missile clump to get it closer.

Body 4 fires off Alkaid again to continue pushing the missile clump.

Seeing as the blood is being very effective against the beast, she picks some with her telekinesis, while using magicules to make them very dense, in the form of 4 missiles. She than starts using her telekinesis to pick some speed and throws the Blood missiles at the creature with the maximum speed that it could get from her Telekinesis, while removing the Magicules from it

Since Sieg seemed to have a good idea, Jakovich decided to play along, enhancing his blood projectiles with properties of a vaporizing explosion on contact, in an attempt to swiftly end the beast and make sure there was nothing to come back from.

Silas' attacks are only barely able to be enhanced before they connect slightly before Solomon's do, covering the creature in holes. Sieg's blood arrow causes most of its center mass to be displaced. Secundus 1 is able to get close enough to detonate, although his body is rapidly deteriorating at this point, causing a massive flash of light that is rapidly penetrated by 2 and 3's projectiles, with the missle clump suddenly being able to move at full speed and rushing past the creature through one of its holes. John finds himself absentmindedly dismantling a forest to his left while Abarim's kick causes the creature to move backwards slightly, although he is nearly immediately punted into the distance, not far from Sieg. Puppen's dolls are able to get her a decent ways away rather quickly, and Meretrix's blood missles appear to do some level of damage.

While Samson's charging causing a bright light to start forming over his hand, the mangled remains of the creature start to move even more unusually. They rapidly take unnatural bends as they speed towards the group, primarily to Silas and Solomon, with untold amounts of bladed appendages and other natural weaponry all attacking them from various angles at extreme speeds. The mere sight of it at such close distances causes nearly everyone's bones to melt and blood to turn to jelly before crystallizing, with Secundus specifically nearly instantly being reduced to a heavily decayed torso and head with no face. Meanwhile, everyone sees shapes start to form within the ever-thickening storm.

My insides are in pain.

I make blood gauntlets and try to grab an appendage and use my strength to pick up the creature and slam it into the ground.

Oh my non existant god, we just can't get a break, can we?

Seeing as her offense was almost completely useless, Meretrix uses her powers to grant an accelerate healing to her allies, trying to make them heal faster than what the creature is doing to them, focusing mainly on Secundus, while also generating forcefields for each one of them that will decrease the intensity of the Creatures' attacks on them

Abarim is flung back, with blood shooting out of his mouth.

He spins around mid air before landing on his back, and getting back up.

"It isn't taking damage, and it probably adapts just as we do, so hitting it again and again won't work."

He sees the thing charging forth, turning everything nearby into molten and crystal with just it's presence.

"...Stopping it from dealing further damage has to do for now."

Abarim rushes forth as fast as he can, trying to take a grip on every possible weapon the fiend has, yelling as if it would force his body to adapt faster against this enemies' power.

Secundus doesn't react, the bodies begin regenerating as rapidly as they can, one of the bodies disappears and what's visible of Secundus' appearance changes to this. Making use of Megrez's Regenerationn abilities, due to the fact that the bodies all still exist, they begin regenerating as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, the rest of Secundus' attention is directed at leading the missile clump back towards what remains of the creature.

This is worse than the fight against that horse. Those shapes in the distance don't look good either.

Noticing the attacks closing in on him, Solomon shifts to the Surtr form, concentrating all of his flames' heat into an aura just around his body, an impossibly high temperature, designed to sublimate whatever tried to contact him.

Doubtful in his defenses, the barrier around him and the aura, he thrusts the flaming blade forwards, a concentrated beam of fire flies forth at unbelivable speeds, originating from the sword and moving as the sword did, it heads towards the remains, trying to pierce a hole through it, which would ignite outwards from the impact point.

I take a deep breath and then lift some trees that I have not destroyed and break them, creating large pieces of wood.

Then I concentrate, trying to teleport them in the body of the beast.

... too ... close.

Sieg thinks, in pain because of the body effects.

The artifact user attempts to manipulate a large area of the blood in front of himself, to turn it back in to a liquid and send it in a miniature tsunami-like fashion against the seemigly unkillable beast to try know it backwards.

My bones may melt and my blood may freeze, but as long as i can still move, i'll keep fighting.

And so, as my arm, and eventually my whole body catch on fire, i charge at the creature, not unlike a meteor, ignoring all the remains that charge toward me.

With a wave, he rose into the air, focusing his energy into the logs of wood! With power, he took them and turned them not into dead trees, but into immensely powerful explosions, detonating to completely vaporize the masses, absolutely, to leave not a scrap left.

Silas finds himself grabbing something only ostensibly solid, with it immediately shooting through the cracks between his fingers and around his hand. A mere instant before they hit him, however, his arm takes on a bluish hue and extends at obscene speeds into the distance, pushing the attacking limbs away. The storm appears to be rapidly shooting lighting at the creature as well, with Silas' morphed arm impacting it's main body hard enough to actually push it back. He sees horse-like legs up and down the distended limb.

Solomon's flames destroy the parts of the creature closest to him, with the beam of heat easily piercing it and drying out practically the entire thing, continuing on into the ground past it and turning an entire forest into loose plasma.

Abarim finds himself propelled forward by some unseen force, quickly finding himself on top of the creature, although he isn't suffering as much damage as before due to Meretrix's efforts. Secundus is also aided by Meretrix, regenerating fast enough to completely overpower the damage caused by the creature and managing to hit it with the missle clump, seemingly further weakening it, although it simply disconnected the parts that were about to be hit before the clump landed.

John's attempt at telefragging is somewhat successful, with splinters visibly falling from the creature as it moves and writhes within itself, and Sieg's blood wave causes it to be further pushed back. Samson's sudden charge causes the entire atmosphere of the warped space to erupt in flames so hot and energetic they appear black, although the storm seemingly isn't affected, with his closing-in causing most of the creature to be instantly destroyed, with not even remote atoms remaining due to Jakovich's help. Any larger chunks are rapidly cut up by Puppen's dolls, allowing them to be further destroyed.

The sense of malign and the effects of the creature's presence disappear, although he warping of the nearby environment stays, with Silas and Solomon feeling as though this isn't the end of it.

"... Is it over yet ?"

Sieg asks to nobody in particular, as he summons the Eye of Horus on himsef in exchange for the Staff of Circe and begins scanning the surronding area.

Being extremely tired due to the mental stress from the creature and the physical pain caused by the charged attack, i sit down and let the steam in my body literally leave. I feel as though all my muscles were burnt.

Secundus floats about the area, mentally scanning the surroundings, the bodies all keep some distance between each other.

"...Well, it looking dead, but naturally it can't be that easy, now can it?"

Time to provoke it. A wave, attempting to improve and 'fix' the environment to undo the reality-warping effects.

Back