• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

Secundus' body continues spewing poison and more poisonous seeds, which he attempts to launch as close to the neurons as possible, he now attempts to create a wall of energy and have that physically push the neurons closer into the range of the poison.

I continue spilling the radiation to halt the grow. While doing so, i also cause spontanious explosions to occur around the neurons.

"Alright, i'll try, though considering how much damage Gae Bolg has done to the creature and the large area it affect, it's very likely it has already adapted."

Sieg responds, as he calls back the spear to his hand, while creating another one in the other hand at the expence of dessumoning the Eye of Horus.

The artifact user then throws the two red weapons, sending them with their wacky trajectories towards two different greater minds at the same

A thought engulfed Abarim, greatly enhancing his durability with a skintight shield of magicules itself, coating him like a full body suit so he could act like a bullet to blast through the roof, so Jake could follow behind, safely.

"...I concurr, a swift exit seems most suitable."

Almost immediately, a large shadow comes over John and stretches as far as he can see. The ground starts to swell and spasmodically twitch. He doesn't sense the telltale presence of magicules anymore, not for untold kilometers around.

Puppen sees a clean cross-section of the creature, with the hole appearing to lead outside of it. Abarim and Jake fly through with no complications, finding themselves in a large, red-tinted space. The background is visibly twitching and flowing. Abarim, Jack, and Yuna see Samson and Secundus not too far away, bombarding the creature with various attacks. From all around Stranger, a piercing scream suddenly emenates.

The combined attacks of Secundus and Samson start diminishing the creatures size, with it seemingly not doing anything to react. They both feel as though something is wrong.

The dual Gae Bolgs cover most of the remaining creature in red spikes, although this doesn't appear to do much on its own. The attacks are stopped by Meretrixs barrier, and seem to eventually stop.

Upon walking into the building, Solomon sees what appear to be pillars of flesh of varying size and shape. They all turn towards him before turning into more of the bands of light from before, although not quite as overwhelming.

Silas finds the light to be the reflection coming from a drop of water, but within it he sees hordes of people around him and on nearby buildings, seemingly watching him. After a short moment, they all dissipate into colored bands, like those formed from that lake creature, although not as overwhelming as before.

[Your Aptitude has been increased to 4]

Solomon and Silas find themselves next to John and on top of what appears to be a hill of coagulated blood. In the distance, easily hundreds of kilometers away, they see a humanoid figure, although with various trailing appendages and covered in eyes.

Everyone feels an instinctive sense of malign and an unnatural lack of magicules outside of themselves. The bunker is gone, seemingly taken with the creature when it was destroyed.

"...Well, shit."

"Introductions, eh? My name is Jakovich." He nodded to Abarim. "Lover of women and magicules. What's your name?"

With a wave, he took the stained, putrid magicules in the air, taking their noxious forms and using his own magic to purify them, 'improving' them into a cleansed state, all around himself.

Solomon nods towards Silas ane John in acknowledgement

"Well, that doesn't look good, any idea what that is you two?"

That's definitely not a good feeling, what's happened here?

"Uh? How did I end up here? Bha, it doesn't matter now," I whisper.

Then I turn to Solomon.

"I could analyze it with my psychometry"

Sieg calls the Gae Bolgs back in to his hands.

"The creature that was fused with the base is dead, but it seems the battle is still not over yet."

The artifact user comments, as he attempts to spot what or who could be the cause of the disapperence of magicoules.

Secundus attempts to analyze and determine the cause of the magicules vanishing and the feeling of malign. His body is still shrouded by poison, but it isn't spreading any longer and is not expanding to those nearby.

"Do that then John." Solomon says, watching the thing in the distance

The lack of magicules will make it harder to fight that thing if we have to.

I put my hand on the ground, using my psychometry to analyze the blood along with everything on it, including the creature.

"Abarim."

Abarim simply observes how things play out from here. It doesn't seem like there's much to do.

"He may do something like that water monster earlier"

Meretrix says as she does the same

"Well, i guess that if we don't find the beast, we should look for survivors"

Its not clear what caused the disappearance of the magicules, but the red tint to the background has left. Seemingly on cue, the entire pocket dimension that the bunker used to be contained in starts rapidly collapsing, eventually leaving everyone who was inside standing beside John, Solomon, and Silas. The sense of malign is nearly overwhelming to everyone who hadn't visited their Personal Reality, to the point that thinking at all is painful and little more than the actions necessary to continue breathing are possible.

Johns analysis shows that the mound is entirely coagulated human blood. Upon reaching the humanoid creature, though, all he senses is manic laughter and yelling that utterly overwhelms his senses. Those around him can see that he's bleeding from basically his entire face and muttering incoherently, while all John himself perceives is a void filled with laughter and wolfish maws of astronomical size.

Puppens flesh doll rapidly unravels itself and flies into the creature, which is approaching at a frightening rate. It doesn't appear to be walking.

Silas and Solomon are somehow able to discern that this thing has absolutely nothing to do with magicules, although it did indirectly be rid of them.

Puppen's spins away while all her military-dolls open fire. Her dust doll stays by to defend herself. Puppen's then looks at the sky while spinning away to try to find any animal or human shaped clouds to use. "Mhmmm~."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pain like no other is inflicted against Sieg, who limps because of the suffering.

" Aa ... Gae .. Bolg !"

The everyman attempts to push trought the intense pain, forcing his arm to move and throw the Gae Bolg in his left hand at the approcing beast.

Meretrix was horrofied by what was happening to John, she tried to do something, but the feeling was stopping her from doing basically anything, even the mere thinking of using one of her abilities and use words was prooving to be a challenge, in between stutters, she tries to scream.

"J-john, w-w-wake u-up!"

I look around, what I perceive and see is damn terrifying and crazy.

I immediately take my hand away from my trance, noting that Trixie is next to me and calling me.

"Uh? Trixie? How did you get here and ... why am I bleeding?", I ask, touching my face.

"This presence... It's... nearly satanic."

Seeing John bleeding severely, Abarim steels himself and tries to push back the malign sensation. No matter the cost, he needed to push back against this demonic force that hung over him, and save his ally.

"... I need strength, Heavenly Father."

And with that quick prayer in his mind, and all his might, he starts pushing his body forward, step by step. Once he can walk, he will run. Once he can run, he will close the gap and strike down whatever this monster is.

Secundus' body continues expelling poison and seeds on its own, with Secundus himself directing all of his body's capabilities to directing it at the thing heading towards them.

I'm not as heavily affected as some of the others here it seems.

"Yes, we should probably attack that thing." Solomon answers Silas

He tries to enter his Odin form if he wasn't in it already, I don't think I actually ever deactivated it when I was looking at the ratio and loose Gungnir, allowing the spear to hit the thing in whatever on it would be considered its head

Dropping to the ground in immense pain, the area around me starts heating up to the point any material could melt. I put all the remaining strength in my body focused in nuking that thing, atom by atom.

"-OH ****, MY SHOES!"

In nearly a panic, he leapt into the air, crashing down and into the blood mound in horrified surprise, covered in the sticky red as he frantically purified himself and his clothes of the stains.

Puppen's stupor would've rendered her unable to find anything human-shaped, even if anything like that was around. Secundus' poison slowly works its way towards the creature, seemingly being forced back by its mere presence, although Sieg's Gae Bolg and Solomon's Gungnir seem unaffected and actually reach it, resulting in most of the creature being covered with red spikes with a visible cavity where its "head" was before a decent portion of its front is atomized, resulting in a massive explosion. Abarim finds it more and more difficult to tell where he is as he slowly approaches the creature, although the explosion going off in his face probably doesn't help, but it seems preoccupied shooting what appears to be a wave of jagged red light back at Sieg.

After the smoke is quickly cleared by its movement, however, it seems that either nothing happened or the creature instantly regenerated any damage dealt. As it approaches, the mountains surrounding the group appear to fold upwards, revealing things far past them and even behind the creature, as though space was being bent back in on itself. Despite this, a massive storm is brewing throughout the valley, even at ground level.

Oddly, Stranger seems to have disappeared.

Puppen's just kinda lays flat on the ground. She chuckles. "This is a big pain~." Her military-dolls open fire once more while her dust-doll continues to protect her with its shield.

Keep moving, keep moving...

As the mountains and space around them warps, and the environment becomes less and less clear, Abarim doesn't waver as he breaks into a run forward.

Unable to physically do much more than get on my kneesm i decide to do a very stupid thing and nuke the warped space and mountains with the equivalent of a small scale solar flare.

"Phase 7 Activated: Benetnasch" Secundus states as calmly as ever, changing his appearance to this, the poison around him remains, his body splits into 4 others, each possessing properties of the different Phases.

Body 1 glows with orange energy just as the Dubhe phase did, but does not attack, waiting for the creature to close in before unleashing a large explosion.

Body 2 launches a barrage of red missile like objects at the creature, these missiles explosions ignoring conventional defenses.

Body 3 dispenses more poison and seeds around it.

Body 4 uses Unheard Prayer, attempting to completely halt the creature's regenerative abilities, before utilizing Alkaid to try and break its defenses.

That thing is tough.

Solomon shifts to his Baldur form, hoping to further defend himself against Samson's explosion

Only noticing the incoming creature, [Cause i was big dumb and didn't noticed that on the post Meretrix helps in creating barriers to shield from attacks, while herself makes giant ball of purple energy and launchs at the creatures, while the phsyical damage is minimal, the attacks focus on attacking and destroying the mind of targets

Sieg switches the Gae Bolg in his right hand with the Staff of Circe and creates a forcefield around himself and Maretrix.

"Dammit, our attacks didn't affect it."

Sieg mutters, as he tries desummonig the Gae Bolg he had thrown, while materializing the Eye of Horus around his neck to check the new beasts' Health, type and amount of Supernatural Energy, Power Level and if it has any Weaknesses.

Back