• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Suggested by my boye Phoenix.

Nilbog vs The Auditor.

Let's see this Nilbog smurf spam begin.

let's see this stuff go dow

This might be a stomp, unsure. For SBA, we will assume there are other goblins about to keep Nilbog at his strongest. Let's say a thirty. Starting range is 20 meters. Speed is equalized.

The Jester God: 1 (Redic)

The Jester's Boss:

Incon: 1 (Phoenix)

Let's see the Nibhog's Madness and Causality manipulation will make the Auditor's normal attacks useless. A lot of his hax won't work due to those as well so his best bet will be corruption or Absorbion.

1. How good is Auditor's corruption? I assume it works like mindhax and if so... well. What volume of people has Auditor corrupted before? As Nilbog can mindhax a kingdom of goblins thanks to smurfdom.

The Auditor's corruption is kind of basic he shoots a beam of energy at you that corrupts and controls you as well as amplifying you to the level of Hank, Sanford and Deimos.

The Auditor could possibly disitergrate Nilbog since he should have all of Jesus's powers.

Then Nilbog should resist at least the mindhax bit of that.

Dealing physical damage to Nilbog heals him.

I think that would count as an attempt to physically harm Nilbog, in which case, he gets charmed into not harming Nilbog.

I think so. Absorption can occur in the verse with slimes and it in theory works on them, if they had a mind to be haxed.

If you count Goblins as people, in OP I've aranged 30 of them to be there. They aren't fighting, but they're about.

I see no reason why not.

Well when Nilbog starts inflicting damage to the Auditor, he'll use his telekinesis to grab and absorb bodies to heal and buff himself.

Maybe he could buff humself to the point where Nilbog could't hurt him making in inconclusive if not Nilbog wins.

I mean

Has he done that before? How big is his stat amp via absorption?

Well it's waht he did in the battle agianst Hank he kept absorbing more and more bodies and getting bigger and bigger before he absorbed Tricky wich caused him to explode.

Oh.

Huh.

Then yeah, this is probably Incon due to Nilbog lacking the AP to harm him after he does so, and Auditor having no ability to harm Nilbog in any way.

Neat.

Indeed.

Know this is kind of a necro, but bumping this to say the Auditor wins because the Niblog can only heal as a reaction once every 6 seconds/1 round, so all the Auditor has to do is hit them twice quickly. Even the Niblog's mindhax has a bad chance of actuality affecting anyone with semi-decent charisma/will power, which I assume The Auditor has as a leader and his relentless chasing of Hank, so it's only other way of winning probably won't work.

game mechanics dude.

I mean, yeah, but is it in-canon that it works like that every time, as in actual evidence against it working out as it would in-game? And good charisma/will power actually is a thing that lets you shrug off weak mind control in D&D stories.

Okay, let's address the more glaring things here.

1. No, game mechanics aren't canon. The round system isn't relevant unless you're playing the game, that's like saying all XCOM characters have to let you move before they can move again, what even.

2. Yes, their willpower allows them to shrug off many mind effects. This does not mean all enemies gain the same resistance. Verse equalization does not grant other characters powers they do not otherwise have. Unless Auditor can neg kingdom-spanning mindhax, then he isn't negging this.

A round is just a short amount of time, because duh, in-verse it'd be represented by just hitting the thing two times really quickly to kill it, and you're not really offering any reason why that wouldn't work besides saying it's a game mechanic.

Yeah, actually no on that, anyone from any verse can shrug off weak mind control from a D&D charisma-based abilty if they have strong enough will (not even a magical will, even regular McNobody D&D citizens can shrug it off). Willpower isn't a special power, saying otherwise is like saying someone can't stop SCP-173 or a Weeping Angel from attacking them even if they're looking at them because they're not from their verses.

...because that's what it is. Saying "D&D characters are restricted to actions by six second segments" isn't how it would work in what one might call a live action event.

Yeah actually yes. Your own statistics allow you to resist. You do not give resistance to random creatures from other verses because everybody has it, otherwise everyone who fights SMT suddenly gets High-Godly Regenerationn- even if it is held by literally everybody in the verse doesn't mean other people get resistances in a fight, that's not how it works.

Game mechanics have been talked about before, they're not to be taken into an account, I mean in some aspects it does apply but some things absolutely not, regardless there are stats, and they function the exact same way, the values of the in game ones however do not matter, they do not and cannot really show how powerful one truly is, plus since things like Pokémon for example, you technically, can beat island level, planet level, heck even straight up 4th Dimensional things with even some of the weakest ones, it's for the game balance, not actually having an accurate display of their true strength, honestly, they're just numbers that represent one stat and the growth of it and have no actual effect of their true power

That's asinine, it doesn't literally have to be six seconds, it could be five or ten or whatever, because game mechanics are semi-accurate to the game's reality at times. Unless you're trying to say literally nothing about game mechanics is accurate, in which case nearly every calculatio about speed in the game is wrong as they're based on the arbitrary game mechanic of five foot range squares for every character between four and eight feet tall.

Stats aren't magic, they don't make you magic, no one's getting any power here, mind effecting powers that don't work on strong willed people is it's most common weakness in fiction a well as D&D in both the game and in-verse and would be accepted in nearly every other match. It seems more like you're just trying to overinflate the potency of D&D magic.

So I vote for the Auditor.

...no. They aren't. In fact the timeframes would be much slower. These are characters that can somewhat dodge explosions. It is by game mechanics alone they can swing their weapons twice in a round and twice only. You arguing "game mechanics" are semi accurate is... bizzarre.

I agree they aren't magic. They let you neg powers. They are your abilities. They do not transfer to other verses simply because everyone in one verse has them. That's not how it works.

Your vote is not valid without valid reasoning. Currently your reasoning relies solely on accepting game mechanics as canon and abusing the hell out of verse equalization to give Auditor powers he does not have (namely, a Will Save).

D&D writers are stupid and imply low-end nonmagical adventurers are generally within normal human capability storywise because they don't realize dodging arrows point blank makes you super fast, which was calculated by you through, wait for it, game mechanics, so it makes no sense to argue against it.

Even if you accepted the timeframes were different, which is whatever, speed wise the Auditor has Supersonic reactions vs the subsonic reactions of the Niblog, which makes it even more lopsided in his favor, and if their speed was equalized he would be... as fast as these equally fast adventures who can do the same thing I was saying he could do in a short amount of time for them, i.e., 1 round, so bringing that up makes no sense too.

That's exactly how it works, because it's not a special ability unique to D&D, it's just a strong will that does it, which is an in-verse thing for literally everyone which you can say has nothing to do with the game mechanic of will saves. You'd be right if it was something like regen in SMT, but no, this is just some universal capability nearly everyone in fiction can have. Unless you want to bring it up in CR about how mind manip that can be resisted by willpower in one verse can't be resisted by other people with strong willpower in other verses, which would be funny in trying to argue that a Green Lantern couldn't shrug it off even if DC didn't have mindhax in it's verse.

So the Auditor blitzes the Niblog and wins.

...woof.

1. I calculated dodging stuff from a distance. Saying "oh well the writers are stupid" doesn't actually make game mechanics canon.

2. Speed is equalized. Please god read the OP.

3. Yes it is. Characters in other fictions do not instantly maintain the ability to resist madness hax/reality warping/fate manipulation/etc through sheer will. It is an ability D&D has.

Get an actual argument other than "I think the wiki should work this way and thus Auditor blitzes in speed equalized". I'm serious. Read the OP and understand the pages, please.

A distance calculated through a 5 foot square range for both 4 foot and 8 foot tall characters that makes no sense besides calculating from game mechanics, but okay, sure. I'm not even arguing that they're canon, the only thing I'm saying is that they're just semi-accurate, which, you know, you somehow agree enough to make those calcs, but not enough to say the Niblog isn't basically unkillable.

Mistake on my part, my bad, but then he still wins by being just as fast as the adventurers who can unambiguously kill them.

I'm not advocating any physical power or resistance to such, but what you're saying objectively makes no sense. Like no sense at all. Willpower is universal, if weak supernatural mindhax doesn't work on normal people with absolutely no powers that have strong wills in one verse, then it just doesn't on work on anyone else with a strong will in another verse.

Like if you want to make a topic for SBA about it, go ahead, but that view will never make any sense at all.

Distance in game is semi-accurate, yes. Timeframes are not.

...wew.

No. It isn't. I can admit that characters have willpower, but no verses display the ability to use said willpower to resist the effects of a Wish, or to resist being erased from existence. This is a power universal to D&D characters, not to all characters in general.

Back