• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, it isn't? Where is it said that fear from Fear Inducement > fear from Social Influencing? Your points would make sense if that was the case.
It's literally written in the ability page. Like, not every character who scares people gets Fear Inducement (like Johan Liebert) so every character who doesn't feel scared shouldn't get resistence to Fear Inducement it as well. Simple.

It's literally written in the ability page. Like, not every character who scares people gets Fear Inducement (like Johan Liebert) so every character who doesn't feel scared shouldn't get resistence to Fear Inducement it as well. Simple.
I literally never said that they resisted Fear Inducement, we proposed it because it's in the narratives.

Plus, no, you didn't mention where is it said that Fear from Fear Inducement > Fear from Social Influencing. Saying this is going against the narratives imo.

I literally never said that they resisted Fear Inducement, we proposed it because it's in the narratives.
Resisting fear caused by social influence just gets you resistence to social influence or straight up social influence lol. The narrative around WR students (4th gen specifically) is that they don't feel emotions. A character that endured massive psychological torture in their past (and lost their emotions) can still be scared of a monster with a fear inducing aura.
Plus, no, you didn't mention where is it said that Fear from Fear Inducement > Fear from Social Influencing. Saying this is going against the narratives imo.
Fear from Social Influencing can be explained and resisted via natural factors (like demanour, physical strength, mental strength etc.). Fear from Fear Inducement doesn't derive from natural factors so you have to resist fear itself to get a resistence to it when you don't have to do that aganist a fear caused by Social Influence.

Resisting fear caused by social influence just gets you resistence to social influence or straight up social influence lol. The narrative around WR students (4th gen specifically) is that they don't feel emotions. A character that endured massive psychological torture in their past (and lost their emotions) can still be scared of a monster with a fear inducing aura.
Erm, it looks like you didn't read the scans. It specifically talks about Fear and not only emotions. Secondly, they were said to be have pushed to the edge of their fears, which would make it disappear. It was never mentioned that it would be done through Social Influencing, they were legit trying to make subjects who resisted fear in the first place, which doesn't depend upon its origin. You are looking at it as an origin-specific thing, while Fear in general is just an emotion The reason why they have it as "Limited" is because it is dependent on the amount of training they get.
Fear from Social Influencing can be explained and resisted via natural factors (like demanour, physical strength, mental strength etc.). Fear from Fear Inducement doesn't derive from natural factors so you have to resist fear itself to get a resistence to it when you don't have to do that aganist a fear caused by Social Influence.
Wrong, you can actually overcome an emotion like fear if you wish to, just based on simple willpower and not even supernatural willpower. Even the fear inducement page states it:
Depending on the user and medium, Fear Manipulation can occasionally be depicted as a power which can be overcome with bravery, willpower and courage.
So, why do you think that you need some supernatural factors present to overcome it?

Erm, it looks like you didn't read the scans. It specifically talks about Fear and not only emotions. Secondly, they were said to be have pushed to the edge of their fears, which would make it disappear. It was never mentioned that it would be done through Social Influencing, they were legit trying to make subjects who resisted fear in the first place, which doesn't depend upon its origin. You are looking at it as an origin-specific thing, while Fear in general is just an emotion The reason why they have it as "Limited" is because it is dependent on the amount of training they get.
So WR instructors somehow have Fear Inducement (no statements abt it) and they trained the WR students to resist fear itself? This doesn't seem logical at all. Like, not getting scared of horror movies doesn't make you resistant to Fear Inducement.
Wrong, you can actually overcome an emotion like fear if you wish to, just based on simple willpower and not even supernatural willpower. Even the fear inducement page states it:
So, why do you think that you need some supernatural factors present to overcome it?
That would actually work if WR instructors had some superpowers that can induce fear into people but no. I don't understand how WR kids can resist Fear Manipulation (it's limited but whatever) when no character in the series can induce fear via their Aura or Fear Manipulation.

So WR instructors somehow have Fear Inducement (no statements abt it) and they trained the WR students to resist fear itself? This doesn't seem logical at all. Like, not getting scared of horror movies doesn't make you resistant to Fear Inducement.
It's more like the kids were pushed to a point where despite feeling fear they could numb it and function normally. They get limited resistance to it because despite feeling terrified, they aren't stunned from fear and instead do the tasks they have to do normally.
That would actually work if WR instructors had some superpowers that can induce fear into people but no. I don't understand how WR kids can resist Fear Manipulation (it's limited but whatever) when no character in the series can induce fear via their Aura or Fear Manipulation.
Ayanokoji can.

It's more like the kids were pushed to a point where despite feeling fear they could numb it and function normally. They get limited resistance to it because despite feeling terrified, they aren't stunned from fear and instead do the tasks they have to do normally.
Again, that's still not Resistence to Fear Inducement. WR kids just have immense mental strength and can resist Fear from Social Influence.
Ayanokoji can.
Having Fear Inducement doesn't get you Resistence as well. I'm also still iffy abt Koji having fear inducement but whatever.

Again, that's still not Resistence to Fear Inducement. WR kids just have immense mental strength and can resist Fear from Social Influence.
That's why they have limited resistance to fear inducement (a weaker variation of fear manipulation where the character doesn't have the ability to manipulate/control fear supernaturally, only make their opponent scared via some other means.), not outright Resistance to Fear Manipulation.

That's why they have limited resistance to fear inducement (a weaker variation of fear manipulation where the character doesn't have the ability to manipulate/control fear supernaturally, only make their opponent scared via some other means.), not outright Resistance to Fear Manipulation.
Limited Resistence to fear manip would only work if these kids partially resisted some kinda Fear Inducing Aura but no. Like i said, not getting scared of stuff like horror movies doesn't qualify for any kind of Resistence to Fear Manipulation (not even Limited) so it shouldn't qualify for this one as the source of the fear isn't supernatural.

Cmon guys. I said this exact thing like 10 times.

Cmon guys. I said this exact thing like 10 times.
Erm, you never really proved about how Fear from Social Influencing is inferior to Fear from Fear Inducements. Secondly, I already unvalidated that claim of you basically saying that you need supernatural means to resist fear.

Tbh if you even got our points, I meant to say that they resist fear in general.
They have it as limited because their resistance is proportional to the training they have received. Just clarifying. 😁
Ayanokouji maybe has fully-mastered resistance as he was able to master the entire curriculum.

Erm, you never really proved about how Fear from Social Influencing is inferior to Fear from Fear Inducements. Secondly, I already unvalidated that claim of you basically saying that you need supernatural means to resist fear.

Tbh if you even got our points, I meant to say that they resist fear in general.
I proved it many times bruh 😐 WR instructors don't have Fear Manipulation so It basically doesn't make sense even if the resistence is Limited.

A person doesn't have to resist fear itself to not be scared of Social Influence. They can counter it via natural factors.

I proved it many times bruh 😐 WR instructors don't have Fear Manipulation so It basically doesn't make sense even if the resistence is Limited.

A person doesn't have to resist fear itself to not be scared of Social Influence. They can counter it via natural factors.
You basically believed that you needed to use external supernatural factors necessary to resist Fear Manipulation which the wiki itself doesn't favor according to the definitions on their respective pages.

Secondly, a person needs to resist fear itself to not be scared of someone's Social Influencing, unless you somehow are able to prove that Fear from Fear Inducement is superior to the Fear from Social Influencing.

You basically believed that you needed to use external supernatural factors necessary to resist Fear Manipulation which the wiki itself doesn't favor according to the definitions on their respective pages.
My point about WR instructors not having Fear Manipulation still stands.
Secondly, a person needs to resist fear itself to not be scared of someone's Social Influencing, unless you somehow are able to prove that Fear from Fear Inducement is superior to the Fear from Social Influencing.
The site itself heavily implies and even outright states that Social Influence is weaker than Fear Manipulation. That's why characters that can scare people don't get Fear Inducement.

My point about WR instructors not having Fear Manipulation still stands.
I don't know what you are talking about. It's an actual narrative that the kids were going to be trained in such a way that they resisted Fear itself, secondly, the Fear Manipulation page states that itself that it doesn't require supernatural stuff to be done. 🤷‍♂️
The site itself heavily implies and even outright states that Social Influence is weaker than Fear Manipulation. That's why characters that can scare people don't get Fear Inducement.
So, there's basically nothing on either pages of Social Influencing or Fear Manipulation which suggests that and you are making that claim? You should quote something at least.

I don't know what you are talking about. It's an actual narrative that the kids were going to be trained in such a way that they resisted Fear itself,
Not resisting supernatural fear=not getting resistence to fear manip. Simple as that.
secondly, the Fear Manipulation page states that itself that it doesn't require supernatural stuff to be done. 🤷‍♂️
Again, that only works when an another character in the series actually has Fear Manipulation. No character in the series other than Koji (questionable) has Fear Manipulation. It simply doesn't make sense for WR kids to have Resistence to Fear Manip when no character in the series has Fear Manip in the first place.
So, there's basically nothing on either pages of Social Influencing or Fear Manipulation which suggests that and you are making that claim? You should quote something at least.
The fact that Social Influencing is written to not be Fear Manipulation is enough by itself. Like, to give you an idea, this is social influence and this is fear manipulation

Please and thank you ;-;

Thank you and sorry for troubling you with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back