• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clarifications needed on Yggdrasil (God of War)'s profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, infinite dimensions would be High 1-B right? I know the "branches stretch to infinity" part is true, I've seen that plenty of times. The second one lm not sure on. Maybe we should look for him?

Yeah, infinite dimensions would be High 1-B right? I know the "branches stretch to infinity" part is true, I've seen that plenty of times. The second one lm not sure on. Maybe we should look for him?
Nah, that'd just be size, not too sure about the dimensionality part since we don't give tiers based on dimensionality alone anymore, we need clear cut statements of superiority as well.

So uh... Spoiler.

Kratos and Thor legit clash Leviathan and Mjolnir together respectively in the very first battle in Ragnarok and it causes a massive rift in space and time, Thor straight up calling it something familiar to him as if he had done it before. This deadass confirms they affected Yggdrasil with their blows. This does not bode well for Obi one bit.

So uh... Spoiler.

Kratos and Thor legit clash Leviathan and Mjolnir together respectively in the very first battle in Ragnarok and it causes a massive rift in space and time, Thor straight up calling it something familiar to him as if he had done it before. This deadass confirms they affected Yggdrasil with their blows. This does not bode well for Obi one bit.
are you sure that is not just lighting freezing ?

The first one is fake, the second one sort of looks fake to me based on that other dude (The FB post is definitely fake), but the "branches stretching out to infinity" part is legit, it's in the novel.
The F.B. post is indeed legit. It was limited to a smaller audience, but it's still canon. Cory confirmed it on G-Mail:-
Coryconfo.png

"Seems like it" is not much to go on buddy, LOL
It's a stretch to assume all "Transcending the concept of space, time, and dimension" statements to be 1-A by default, especially if it was a statement on transcending a Low 2-C structure for example (Not speaking verse specific let alone this one because this verse already has 2-A statements. Low 1-C is a reasonable baseline though.

1-B requires way more evidence than Low 1-C at this current state.
The Facebook scan suggests unquantifiably infinite difference with the statement "encompasses and goes well beyond countless sheets or reality stacked upon each other, with each sheet completely transcending the one below it". Cory says that the interpretation of considering the "countless sheets of reality" as infinite spatiotemporal dimensions is indeed valid. That's enough for 1-B I.M.O., but I.D.K.

The Facebook scan suggests unquantifiably infinite difference with the statement "encompasses and goes well beyond countless sheets or reality stacked upon each other, with each sheet completely transcending the one below it". Cory says that the interpretation of considering the "countless sheets of reality" as infinite spatiotemporal dimensions is indeed valid. That's enough for 1-B I.M.O., but I.D.K.
Still a massive reach if you ask me, we'd need considerably more evidence than that which I doubt Ragnarok will give us, at best Low 1-C seems to be the most valid interpretation of the tree's status given that there is one feat in Ragnarok whose range is stated to "transcend space and time itself" and serves to be a massive mystery solver for GoW 2018.

Still a massive reach if you ask me, we'd need considerably more evidence than that which I doubt Ragnarok will give us, at best Low 1-C seems to be the most valid interpretation of the tree's status given that there is one feat in Ragnarok whose range is stated to "transcend space and time itself" and serves to be a massive mystery solver for GoW 2018.
I know the feat you're talking about :)

The game doesn't mention the Well of Urdr to be anything mystical, and we haven't found anything on the Codex entries yet.
How would that downgrade the well though? The well could simply contain infinite timelines physically without being magical in nature. Cory and Bruno
have both confirmed that the well does house infinite timelines physically.

How would that downgrade the well though? The well could simply contain infinite timelines physically without being magical in nature. Cory and Bruno
At best it could be potentially just the foresight of the Norns given that they can't manipulate fate nor can they change time.

I am however, betting big on the green rift that supposedly contains infinite knowledge and all the secrets to life.

Another issue is that it's actually just a lake on Midgard.

At best it could be potentially just the foresight of the Norns given that they can't manipulate fate nor can they change time.

I am however, betting big on the green rift that supposedly contains infinite knowledge and all the secrets to life.
Another issue is that it's actually just a lake on Midgard.

Ok, but Cory and Bruno have said that the well contains infinite timelines PHYSICALLY.

Huh? Isn't the well in the Tyr's temple as per its art work:-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back