• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clarifications needed on Yggdrasil (God of War)'s profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a character who has low2C durability have temporal parts?? Unless the character was 4DHDE?
Kinda both, but this also happens to get addressed on the Q&A as well:

Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one, and thus, they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown, and the same applies to lower dimensions as well.”

Did Kratos even scale from doing a lot of damage to the full true form of YggDrasil though?

Last edited:
Kinda both, but this also happens to get addressed on the Q&A as well:

Hence, a higher-dimensional entity can be both stronger or weaker than a lower-dimensional one, and thus, they are usually quantified based on their own feats, instead of dimensionality alone. If a character is merely stated to be higher-dimensional and simultaneously has no other feats to derive anything noteworthy from, then they are put at Unknown, and the same applies to lower dimensions as well.”
That has nothing to do with what you said and I responded with. I was talking about durability.

Did Kratos even do a lot of damage to the full true form of YggDrasil though?
I think you're confusing Kratos with Thor here. It's Thor and Jormungandr who clashed hard enough to cause the tree to splinter, which is what caused Jormi to be hurled back through time in the first place. IDK where you got the idea that it was Kratos who did the feat.

I reworded it, but still it doesn't look like it ever scaled to anyone.
I'm sorry what

The event is incredibly significant to the Norse side of things in GOW. The only reason it was argued not to scale was because of the potential fears of it "being an outlier" which has since been debunked and changed to keeping it for until Ragnarok arrives this year. And yes, Thor and Jormi explicitly scale to this, we just haven't been able to concretely determine what the scale of the destruction would be until the imminent release of Ragnarok. To toss it out of the scaling equation would be detrimental to the overall plot of the Norse Myth side of GOW.

I'm sorry what

The event is incredibly significant to the Norse side of things in GOW. The only reason it was argued not to scale was because of the potential fears of it "being an outlier" which has since been debunked and changed to keeping it for until Ragnarok arrives this year. And yes, Thor and Jormi explicitly scale to this, we just haven't been able to concretely determine what the scale of the destruction would be until the imminent release of Ragnarok. To toss it out of the scaling equation would be detrimental to the overall plot of the Norse Myth side of GOW.
I checking the video for this.

All we got that the event violently shake the tree of life that splinters to what extent though.
3-D characters with 4-D durability exist, like all of Dragon Ball.
Don’t think that apply to all verses so not always the case. Still reasonable to a extent since 3D and 4D are connected by the theory of relativity, it can been limited 4D too so not completely.

I checking the video for this.

All we got that the event violently shake the tree of life that splinters to what extent though.

With WoG confirming the damage to have been possibly very severe. In any case, Mimir's tone implies it to be a major one at that too.

If that doesn't help, just google "Splintered trees" and most of the results give a tree being completely snapped in half. Sure, Yggdrasil itself isn't completely torn in half, but Mimir wouldn't speak in a tone like that if they just chipped off a tiny fragment of the tree.

But at the end it doesn't matter, they damaged a bare minimum 2-C structure and you can't downscale to lower tiers like that most of the time.

Don’t think that apply to all verses so not always the case. Still reasonable to a extent since 3D and 4D are connected by the theory of relativity, it can been limited 4D too so not completely.
There's also a slew of Marvel and DC characters who are 3-D but have 4-D timeline-busting power. Again, not an uncommon thing, plenty of fictional characters who are 3-D but have timeline-busting power exist.

Also again, this isn't about AP, but durability.

With WoG confirming the damage to have been possibly very severe. In any case, Mimir's tone implies it to be a major one at that too.

If that doesn't help, just google "Splintered trees" and most of the results give a tree being completely snapped in half. Mimir wouldn't speak in a tone like that if they just chipped off a tiny fragment of the tree.

But at the end it doesn't matter, they damaged a bare minimum 2-C structure and you can't
I not arguing against the feat in question so

How about freya stated in GoW Novel that Cosmic shower stuff which beyond any man comprehension. Is that enough for giving additional context about yggdrasil transcending time and space ?

How about freya stated in GoW Novel that Cosmic shower stuff which beyond any man comprehension. Is that enough for giving additional context about yggdrasil transcending time and space ?
AFAIK in the game she only states that the tree's physical form that we see Atreus and Kratos use is just a mere artistic interpretation, so not sure if it would help, but scans and chapter number?

AFAIK in the game she only states that the tree's physical form that we see Atreus and Kratos use is just a mere artistic interpretation, so not sure if it would help, but scans and chapter number?
9Ig1Aog.png

i know, at a glance most people would think the context is only the root of yggdrasil omnipresent across time and space. But i think there is more to it.

But i have something to express.

we know yggdrasil is infinite (a branch itself is infinite in size ∞+∞) in size, and we know all creation (2-A stuff) sit on top of root of yggdrasil, isn't that mean all of creation is infinitesimal part of yggdrasil thus make yggdrasil low-1C ?

This doesn't apply here, though, because that'd only be applicable to cases where the container in question has already been established as a higher-dimensional object beforehand, which is not the case with Yggdrasil, especially with the previous scan suggesting no such thing. Something can obviously contain something else as a part of itself without being one dimension higher than it; in fact, when it comes to infinitely-large spaces, you can have two infinite things, one being a subset of the other, and still have them be the same size.
what does it mean by this ? Do we need statement that yggdrasil is higher-dimensional object in lore stuff ?

Last edited:
But i have something to express.

we know yggdrasil is infinite (a branch itself is infinite in size ∞+∞) in size, and we know all creation (2-A stuff) sit on top of root of yggdrasil, isn't that mean all of creation is infinitesimal part of yggdrasil thus make yggdrasil low-1C ?
Nah, those were just for support.

what does it mean by this ? Do we need statement that yggdrasil is higher-dimensional object in lore stuff ?
I think that's what he's asking for, yes.

well i always thought if 2-A stuff is infinitesimal part of yggdrasil (plus transcending time space statement) = yggdrasil is higher dimensional object by default = thus low 1-C tier
That's the thing, but Ultima has issues with the scan thinking they don't count as surpassing a 2-A structure and considering them infinitesimal.

That tweet is not valid evidence by any means, from what I can gather, starting from the fact that Bruno's answer itself is a big non-sequitur that makes it fairly clear he just didn't understand the question and assumed that it was about whether or not timelines exist to begin with. And then there's the problem of that whole conversation being someone baiting a writer with VS Debating-related questions. I thought we disallowed that sort of thing?

The cycles themselves are considered to be of not much importance to the World Tree tho.
And there's nothing preventing them from being limited to a single timeline. "Yggdrasil contains the cycle of the Nine Realms and so it may contain the other timelines" doesn't follow at all.

Either that or Mimir doesn't know the full story, given that Midgard was meant to be a figurative center of the unity of all the races.
Mimir is literally the smartest man in all the realms and his entire role in the narrative boils down to giving exposition to Kratos and Atreus when needed, so in lieu of valid evidence towards the contrary, his word can be taken for granted I'd say.

I mean Ginnungagap is only a part in the cycle of life, and that cycle is only a part in the Yggdrasil
Hm. Freya does say everything eventually returns to Yggdrasil at the end of a cycle, so I suppose treating it like that is fine, yeah.

I do have one minor knit pick, that "Attacking part of a Low 1-C character is Low 1-C outright regardless of how minimal". It was mentioned on a different thread that it's technically possible for a 2-D character to chip off a 2-D square off a 3-D block even if it's not noticeable since a 3-D block is the size of uncountable infinite number of 2-D squares given the uncountable infinite amount of infinisimal numbers between 0 and 1. Though details could be questionable yes.
That wouldn't count as "splintering," or even as "damage" at all, in fact, since it'd involve affecting a part of a structure that's so minute it literally takes up no space relative to its bulk.

Last edited:
That tweet is not valid evidence by any means, from what I can gather, starting from the fact that Bruno's answer itself is a big non-sequitur that makes it fairly clear he just didn't understand the question and assumed that it was about whether or not timelines exist to begin with.
I mean, that's exactly what the question is about?

And then there's the problem of that whole conversation being someone baiting a writer with VS Debating-related questions. I thought we disallowed that sort of thing?
We didn't ask the man the questions tho, nor is it from our wiki. Also these questions are only asking for clarification, even if at a glance they might look like they were made for answering VS Debating-related questions. Unless you want to discard all WoG for all verses, that is?

And there's nothing preventing them from being limited to a single timeline. "Yggdrasil contains the cycle of the Nine Realms and so it may contain the other timelines" doesn't follow at all.
But Freya didn't say it with the context of it being contained within the 9 Realms only.

Mimir is literally the smartest man in all the realms and his entire role in the narrative boils down to giving exposition to Kratos and Atreus when needed, so in lieu of valid evidence towards the contrary, his word can be taken for granted I'd say.
He also says Kratos can't defy fate, which we both know, is very blatantly wrong given everything that happens in GOW2.
Hm. Freya does say everything eventually returns to Yggdrasil at the end of a cycle, so I suppose treating it like that is fine, yeah.
She does indeed.

• Do not pester or harass the authors of various works on social media about versus debating or character statistics. They are often bombarded by numerous questions from fans, and thus are rarely interested in giving a serious response. In addition, the statements they give to appease users are often contradictory to the feats in the stories of the works they have written. Thus, it is frowned upon to bother them over these topics.

• Do not pester or harass the authors of various works on social media about versus debating or character statistics. They are often bombarded by numerous questions from fans, and thus are rarely interested in giving a serious response. In addition, the statements they give to appease users are often contradictory to the feats in the stories of the works they have written. Thus, it is frowned upon to bother them over these topics.
I know the rule, but his is remotely nowhere near the Kamiya Situation as we've seen. It's why it exists to begin with, because you never know when an author might go Kamiya on your ass.

Author statements that are made seriously without any contradictions to what we're shown in the game is usable.

I know the rule, but his is remotely nowhere near the Kamiya Situation as we've seen. It's why it exists to begin with, because you never know when an author might go Kamiya on your ass.

Author statements that are made seriously without any contradictions to what we're shown in the game is usable.
Here is the issue. The WOG can been discarded if it is severely contradicted by what was stated in verses and even shown. I believe our statements page even made that clear as well.

And the contradiction is?
The contradiction is that whatever or not Yggdrasil truly contains infinite timelines or not.

Which was never stated explicitly or even shown in the case of Yggdrasil. Also not to mention we only got it from the Well of Fate statement from the card games plus Twitter WOG. The one with endless possibilities, but even that is… well being questioned.

The contradiction is that whatever or not Yggdrasil truly contains infinite timelines or not.

Which was never stated explicitly or even shown in the case of Yggdrasil. Also not to mention we only got it from the Well of Fate statement from the card games plus Twitter WOG. The one with endless possibilities, but even that is… well being questioned.
The whole question thing immediately falls apart once you read out the true plot of the card game: STOP BALDUR FROM DYING OR BRAND NEW TIMELINES KEEP POPPING UP.

That and the card game has been confirmed by the makers of the card game themselves, CMON, to be canon to the main game in their expo in 2019.

That's the issue being braught up, not a contradiction.

Which was never stated explicitly or even shown in the case of Yggdrasil. Also not to mention we only got it from the Well of Fate statement from the card games plus Twitter WOG.
Just because its a card game doesn't make it any less valid, neither is WoG at fault here.
Bruno is known for being an enthusiastic replier to questions. Unlike Kamiya who is a troll.

So I don't see any contradictions.

The whole question thing immediately falls apart once you read out the true plot of the card game: STOP BALDUR FROM DYING OR BRAND NEW TIMELINES KEEP POPPING UP.

That and the card game has been confirmed by the makers of the card game themselves, CMON, to be canon to the main game in their expo in 2019.
“In God of War: The Card Game, players take on the role of the Norns, powerful beings desperately seeking a way to stop Ragnarök. Looking into the well of Fate, Urðr, they can play out many different realities, seeing what possible course of action might save existence. In each of these scenarios, they’ll be facing off against different monsters and building up their own abilities, gaining more power as they progress. Let’s take a deeper look into the mechanics of the game and see just how these different elements come together to create a new take on a beloved franchise.”

https://www.cmon.com/news/a-look-at-the-mechanics-in-god-of-war-the-card-game

It says many timelines now that you brought it up.

“In God of War: The Card Game, players take on the role of the Norns, powerful beings desperately seeking a way to stop Ragnarök. Looking into the well of Fate, Urðr, they can play out many different realities, seeing what possible course of action might save existence. In each of these scenarios, they’ll be facing off against different monsters and building up their own abilities, gaining more power as they progress. Let’s take a deeper look into the mechanics of the game and see just how these different elements come together to create a new take on a beloved franchise.”

https://www.cmon.com/news/a-look-at-the-mechanics-in-god-of-war-the-card-game

It says many timelines now that you brought it up.
Not sure how that contradicts the "endless" statement given that one can have both "infinite" and "many" in the same sentence when describing size but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back