• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cinder Fall vs Tomoe Gozen (TWO MORE!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Knight Never once have i stated that Aura increases durability. It lacks the forcefield Aura provides but it is no less durable than Cinder.

@Weekly I've literally seen you say so. That and the fact that Aura crates a "Protective Force Field." As you say further implies that Aura increases one's durability. Not only that but whenever someone runs out of durability they'll be KO'd much easier. Which makes me curious about something.

@Omah how is Tomoe's stamina?

True, but Tomoe is incredibly skilled she wouldn't just sit there when something in coming at her, she knows better otherwise especially considering her superior skill compared to cinder. but again knight makes a good point, since that grimm arm doesn't have any aura protecting it, it'd be the easiest thing to target unless cinder's aura has been drastically weakened during the fight or otherwise disabled (which honestly i doubt considering not even raven could disable it).

@Knight Tomoe's stamina is high, she managed to fight through Tiamat's forces and match Girtablulu and slayed him before dying of her injuries. She can also last a week without a Master with her Independent Action.

@Knight It does not in any way shape or form increase their durability. It is a forcefield. Thats it.

@Oma So is Raven and she got hit, though Cinder caught her off guard with it by attacking through a cloud of dust. Cinder's arm is no less durable than Cinder herself, it only lacks the protective forcefield of Aura.

Doesn't Magic Absorption count as magic? If so wouldn't MR help against it? And Tomoe doesn't use any type of magic beside Mana Burst(Flame), and only then it only ever used to enchant her own physical abilities and arrows. While she might know some type of Magecraft, she never shows using it. Also, if my assumption is right about her being able to go to A rank Str, I didn't factor in Monsterous Strength and Mana Burst(flame). So it's possible for her to get two + modifier in Strength. Tomoe isn't shy about going to hand to hand combat if she feels like it, a matter of fact she sometimes does and used mana burst flame to knee people in the face and punch them. So the only chance of Cinder to survive this is sticking to ranged, which Tomoe also have an option in. And she might be able to used mana burst(flame) to increase the speed of the arrow travel.

Raven is under no circumstance more skilled than Tomoe Gozen. We're just going to go in circles about the arm being just as durable/arm being less durable than Cinder argument. Since I watch RWBY casually I won't go further into it since I'm not well informed on that subject.

Also ^ what CoffeeBlindBird said.

No? Why would it be? Yeah, using magic to enhance her power would be absorbed by the Grimm Arm. Cinder is almost exclusively a h2h (Well, technically swords) fighter, she doesnt really use ranged attacks anymore. And speed is equalized, so speed amps are nulled.

@Oma Considering Raven has been training since she was a kid, was skilled enough to get into Beacon despite having no formal training at any combat school, spent years recieving training, including training from Ozpin himself, and despite running away instead of staying and continuing like Qrow, who later became one of Ozpin's Inner Circle due to his skill, she later fought him to a standstill WITHOUT her Maiden powers, she should be easily as skilled.

Now that's cleared up, I don't see how Cinder would be able to absorb her mana burst attacks considering it enchants physical abilities and arrows. So her Magic Absorption really shouldn't be a part of this match. I haven't seen her fight all to much h2h, rather with projectiles (V3) and her swords and other forged weapons (V5). Lucikly Tomoe is skilled in both swordsmanship and archery so Tomoe really shouldn't have a problem with fighting Cinder at all.

How is Cinder's stamina?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Oma Considering Raven has been training since she was a kid, was skilled enough to get into Beacon despite having no formal training at any combat school, spent years recieving training, including training from Ozpin himself, and despite running away instead of staying and continuing like Qrow, who later became one of Ozpin's Inner Circle due to his skill, she later fought him to a standstill WITHOUT her Maiden powers, she should be easily as skilled.

No Weekly she definitely isn't as skilled ( Tomoe. That's blatantly false and getting into the wank territory and Repp already talked about the skill gap in his comment. Getting into Beacon isn't impressive either ( Look at Cardin and Jaune.) You might be able to argue that Ozpin is just as skilled as Tomoe but Raven and Cinder certainly aren't .

Omahariptic said:
Now that's cleared up, I don't see how Cinder would be able to absorb her mana burst attacks considering it enchants physical abilities and arrows. So her Magic Absorption really shouldn't be a part of this match. I haven't seen her fight all to much h2h, rather with projectiles (V3) and her swords and other forged weapons (V5). Lucikly Tomoe is skilled in both swordsmanship and archery so Tomoe really shouldn't have a problem with fighting Cinder at all.
How is Cinder's stamina?
Read my comment. Maiden powers enhance physical abilities and ranged attacks and Cinder can absorb them just by touching Tomoe. She doesnt use projectiles EVER now, only her close range stuff.

Good enough to train for an implied several days straight while severely weakened and injured

@Knight Jaune literally faked his transcripts to make it look like he was a highly skilled fighter. Cardin went to a prestigious school i believe, lemme get back to you on that. The point is its not really possible for some random kid to just walk into Beacon with no combat experience or training background and get in without being extremely skilled.

I mean, considering how Ozpin is with letting people into schools I'm not surprised that Raven and Qrow got in. When did Raven receive training from Ozpin? IIRC the only time Raven mentioned him is that 'he kept an eye on us' and 'gave us powers'. Qrow and Raven were always equals.

Tomoe Gozen was born in 1157 and fought in the Genpei War alongside her Lord, which takes place in 1180. She was 27. This is her first recorded fight by the way so I'm going to assume that she's been training since she was in her late teen years, early adult years. The Genpei War took around 5 years so that's 5 years of war experience. She died in her late 90's. Those are her HISTORICAL feats and now when it comes to the Babylonia chapter, Tomoe Gozen as I said before fought against Tiamat's forces though outnumbered and killed Girtablulu. After checking her family history, Tomoe's family was a military family so it's fair to assume that she was trained during her teenage years.

Raven is skilled, yes, but she's nowhere on the same level as Tomoe Gozen.

Regardless this isn't a fight about Raven and Tomoe, it's Tomoe and Cinder so let's get back on track here.

@Oma You were comparing Raven getting caught to Tomoe getting caught. I answered your question. Cinder woule be able to cauth Tomoe with her Grimm Arm.

Oh my god. Weekly. I said that Tomoe wouldn't be able to get caught because she's ACTUALLY superior to Raven considering her experience. Cinder would not be able to catch Tomoe with her arm.

WeeklyBattles said:
She doesnt use projectiles EVER now, only her close range stuff.
Wait, who doesn't use projectiles? Tomoe or Cinder? Tomoe does use her projectiles.

Also, if Cinder does get close enough to touch Tomoe she definitely getting her head ripped off.

Cinder doesn't anymore, at least not in her fight with raven she didnt.

Cinder can tough her from dozens of meters away as her grimm arm can stretch. And unless Tomoe gets through her aura she's not ripping her head off

Just to make sure, but how does Aura protection work? Like does it protect everything even the inside of your body? Like, let's say heat if I were to shove Cinder into a giant boiling pot while she has her aura activated. Would it protect her from getting cooked from the inside? And how strong is her aura? How many hits can it withstand before it shatters?

I'm not saying Cinder couldn't absorb the magic from Tomoe if she decided to burst the surrounding into flames. What I'm trying to say is, if Ruby(with aura on) get hits in the head by electric boosted, bloodlusted Nora using her hammer, would that protect her from getting serious brain damaged?

Like from my memory, so I could be wrong, the fight between Neo and Yang has Neo beating Yang with multiple hits to the point where Yang either pass out or her aura got shatter and Neo has knocked her out. And if my first assumption is right, then I guess Ruby is getting brain damaged from it.

I know this fight is about Tomoe vs Cinder. I'm just using those fight and scenario to try and figure out how well-protected aura gives a person. Because, how strong would her attack need to be to break the aura?

@Coffee Its a passive forcefield around the user's body. You can still FEEL heat, but it wont damage you the way it would if you were directly exposed to it (as an example, Weiss Schnee once pushed Flynt Coal into a pool of lava, and due to her aura being down, she was injured, but Flynt was undamaged due to his aura being up). Her aura is as strong as she is durable, and it can take dozens of hits before it goes down (It only went down at the very end of her fight with Raven). She is still 7-B+ in durability without her aura.

Yes, it would.

Neo beat Yang because 1) Yang was severely exhausted due to spending the whole day prior fighting Grimm and barely got any rest beforehand 2) Neo's fighting style directly took advantage of Yang's direct approach fighting style by redirecting her attcks

Basically the only instances of people breaking through aura in one hit is when Adam Taurus, who was using his semblance which amps his AP, cut off Yang's arm. Even in the fight against Tyrian Ruby's aura withstood two or three hits from Tyrian, who is 7-B, before going down.

Basically its going to take a while for Tomoe to be able to take Cinder's Aura down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back