• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmmm shouldn't Tesla take this one I mean he can absorb Lightning/Electricity plus hes Star Attribute so idk if Mystery Killer is Amping her here and System Keraunos is 6-A so that's a one shot Raikou would definitely mangle him in CQC but she can't even use ranged attacks to pin him down and close the distance seeing as how he can absorb he ranged Lightning attacks so
20 meters is enough to mangled him before he use all of his stuff
And again, while Tesla can absorb the electricity/lightning, all of his lightning attacks got resisted by Raikou lightning resistance due of her nature as avatar of Indra, however she's still get one-shotted bt System Keraunos thats for sure

I'm waiting on Expectro further argument regarding this, i also going away for a moment because my vocaloid songs is waiting lel

And again, while Tesla can absorb the electricity/lightning, all of his lightning attacks got resisted by Raikou lightning resistance due of her nature as avatar of Indra, however she's still get one-shotted bt System Keraunos thats for sure
Oh is the starting distance only 20m's then I think Raikou could close that distance pretty easily and if she does he's finished to be honest he just can't keep up in CQC by any means

But honestly, adding an explanation on Raikou extreme degree resistance against electricity/lightning shouldn't be aproblem and i'm not against it

I'm waiting on Expectro further argument regarding this, i also going away for a moment because my vocaloid songs is waiting lel
... I had misread and not noticed the fact that Telsa and Raikou started within 20 meters of each other, I thought they started 4 kilometers away from each other. This makes this match much more different, IMO. The fact that Raikou can use amp her speed with mana burst (have no idea if she can apply her Mystic Killer against Telsa if so, he is extra ******), create literal shadow clones to back her up i.e attack Telsa from multiple angles, and her superior skill in close combat turns the tide in the favor of Best Mom. Raikou FRA! Man, I really need to read Starting Posting more carefully.

Hmmmm, I'm honestly not sure if the range will give it to Raikou. 20 meters is still quite the distance to travel. Especially when being assailed by ranged attacks. Oh, Tesla is actually faster than Raikou too. At least without Mana Burst. It's a shame that we don't know exactly how fast Mana Burst makes her. Plus if needed, Tesla might use Natural Born Genius (even if he doesn't like doing it) and just Mana Burst on his own. But Pioneer of the Stars and the prep time combined might give it to him tbh. Tesla has so many more options since Raikou doesn't get Mystery Killer buffs against him tbh.

Hmmmm, I'm honestly not sure if the range will give it to Raikou. 20 meters is still quite the distance to travel. Especially when being assailed by ranged attacks. Oh, Tesla is actually faster than Raikou too. At least without Mana Burst. It's a shame that we don't know exactly how fast Mana Burst makes her. Plus if needed, Tesla might use Natural Born Genius (even if he doesn't like doing it) and just Mana Burst on his own. But Pioneer of the Stars and the prep time combined might give it to him tbh. Tesla has so many more options since Raikou doesn't get Mystery Killer buffs against him tbh.
So does Raikou in term of how many option she has
And well i can argue that since Raikou mana burst is lightning we can imagine it like Zenitsu and his Thunder Breathing shennanigans), however this is not entirely proofen so i'm not considering it as another factor

And you still not arguing about Raikou lightning resistance so i'm curious what is your thought on this?

Anyway, @TrueKingOfHeroes @Expectro2000xxx @FallenMaou2234 thought on Mage argument and do you have any counter argument on it?

I don't know of any time in which Tesla actually used a skill from Natural Born Genius and don't think he suddenly will decide to gain one of them in the short time that Raikou need to close the 20 meters. And his Agility stat is just one rank higher so he actually isn't that faster, Mana Burst speed amp should be big enough to help Raikou a lot in this situation (I mean, the rest of servants with Mana Burst like Artoria, Mordred, Karna and so get a big speed amp with it so Raikou should be the same considering they share the Rank A in the skill), she can also attack with her arrows or even throwing her other weapons or lightnings to not give Tesla the time to run while she quickly close the gap.

I don't know of any time in which Tesla actually used a skill from Natural Born Genius and don't think he suddenly will decide to gain one of them in the short time that Raikou need to close the 20 meters. And his Agility stat is just one rank higher so he actually isn't that faster, Mana Burst speed amp should be big enough to help Raikou a lot in this situation (I mean, the rest of servants with Mana Burst like Artoria, Mordred, Karna and so get a big speed amp with it so Raikou should be the same considering they share the Rank A in the skill), she can also attack with her arrows or even throwing her other weapons or lightnings to not give Tesla the time to run while she quickly close the gap.
I think with prep and prior knowledge Tesla would automatically look to steal something like Mana Burst to make sure he isn't overwhelmed before he Low 6-B nukes, since he'd also know about Raikou's abilities and of course, vice versa

I think with prep and prior knowledge Tesla would automatically look to steal something like Mana Burst to make sure he isn't overwhelmed before he Low 6-B nukes, since he'd also know about Raikou's abilities and of course, vice versa
I mean, I really don't remember a time in which he used Natural Born Genius to gain another skill, not in London, America, any events or in any of his fights with Edison (and against him the only thing Tesla want is to badly defeat him and show his superiority), so is hard to imagine him suddenly using it.

And again, I don't really know what he could do with prep time since the initial distance is so close and the only things I actually remember him doing where cars in summer event and Amazones.com.

I mean, I really don't remember a time in which he used Natural Born Genius to gain another skill, not in London, America, any events or in any of his fights with Edison (and against him the only thing Tesla want is to badly defeat him and show his superiority), so is hard to imagine him suddenly using it.

And again, I don't really know what he could do with prep time since the initial distance is so close and the only things I actually remember him doing where cars in summer event and Amazones.com.
He's stated specifically to be able to gain Mana Burst, and I think that against someone who can practically no-sell his bread and butter form of attack unless he NPs, he's gonna take every advantage moreso then the times he literally fistfights Edison for some comedy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Tesla doesn't really have good prep time, but it allows him to formulate a strategy and gain the skills he needs before the battle to be able to fend of Raikou long enough to get his NP out

He's stated specifically to be able to gain Mana Burst, and I think that against someone who can practically no-sell his bread and butter form of attack unless he NPs, he's gonna take every advantage moreso then the times he literally fistfights Edison for some comedy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Tesla doesn't really have good prep time, but it allows him to formulate a strategy and gain the skills he needs before the battle to be able to fend of Raikou long enough to get his NP out
Wasn't the Mana Burst mention something just added as an example to the profile here? The materials don't mention it. And if he never really used it (could be wrong though in which case please show me when he used it), not in serious fights, random fights or fights against his most hated enemy (Edison), he would really use it here? His situation is different to someone like Nero for example that indeed show to use her ability to gain others skills.

Wasn't the Mana Burst mention something just added as an example to the profile here? The materials don't mention it. And if he never really used it (could be wrong though in which case please show me when he used it), not in serious fights, random fights or fights against his most hated enemy (Edison), he would really use it here? His situation is different to someone like Nero for example that indeed show to use her ability to gain others skills.
Edison and Tesla are explicitly stated and shown to fistfight whenever they're put near eachother for too long, so kind of an awful example to use for anything ever regarding how Tesla actually fights, and the only really serious fights I recall from Tesla are S5 and Time Temple, where he just threw his NP for S5 and we don't know what he did exactly for TT. So he's never really been in a fight where he needed to use something like Natural Born Genius to win, thing is, he needs it here and has the prior knowledge and prep to realize, being an extraordinary genius, to know which skills he needs to use to win. Prep in a serious situation tends to let you throw most of a character's general in-character out the window unless they are that kind of person, especially if they've never used prep outside of haha funni moments.

He definitely have more fights than just London and Temple of Time, and something like Mana Burst would be extremely useful in a fist fight against Edison, but well, giving him the benefict of the doubt and saying that he would get a Mana Burst the moment the fight begin, said Mana Burst would probably be inferior in Rank than Mana Burst Rank A of Raikou since seem like all users of Mana Burst Rank A get a rank so high do to especial conditions like divinity (Karna, Arjuna, Raikou, etc), dragon blood (All Artorias and Mordred) or such, so Raikou still would have the advantage in that side, along with her ranged options (supported by her skill) to hold him back while she close the distance.

Yes and she also needs to get around the charge up of System Keraunos and catch Tesla, that doesn't sound like something plausible to do considering most of her ranged shots are either easy to dodge or are eaten by Galvanism

Her lightning resistancce likely won't be enough tbh. Tesla gets passive boosts against Earth/Sky people. On top of that his lightning should be a step above Raikou's resistance due to being compared directly to Indra's/ Raikou's parent.

Her lightning resistancce likely won't be enough tbh. Tesla gets passive boosts against Earth/Sky people. On top of that his lightning should be a step above Raikou's resistance due to being compared directly to Indra's/ Raikou's parent.
The boost only applied to his NP so before he fired it up, the chance he get mangled is really high
And as for Tesla lightning being compared to the gods lightning from age of gods (thus possibly tier 1 System Keraunos) i dunno, i think this statement are way vague

Last edited:
Raikou resistance (an abilities in general) come become Ushi Gozen is also the avatar of Indra (at tleast as far I remember), which explain why compared to Arjuna she show to have more of the lightning power of their father and why she can summon something like Indra vajra which Arjuna can't (actually, so far the other two people that show to be able to use Indra vajra are Kama and Vitra, so the thing is probably broken), and as Velow said the thing of Tesla compared with the age of gods is his NP (which probably shouldn't be taken that literally or the thing would had tier 1 AP).
Yes and she also needs to get around the charge up of System Keraunos and catch Tesla, that doesn't sound like something plausible to do considering most of her ranged shots are either easy to dodge or are eaten by Galvanism
You say easy to dodge but Tesla isn't really a physical fighter and the shots are launched by one of the most skilled characters in the verse, hell do to Eternal Arms Mastery she is probably better at shoting than Tomoe or Emiya, futhermore the objetive in this case would be stop/hinder him so Raikou could close the distance easily.

And as Velow said the thing of Tesla compared with the age of gods is his NP (which probably shouldn't be taken that literally or the thing would had tier 1 AP).
Well, Mage just mentioned the tier 1 System Keraounos in Nasuverse discussion thread
And even so my point is still same: the statement of it are way vague so

So with the Olympus, it's worth noting Tesla's major preparation feat (alongside Eddison and Helena) of the Seven Link Heroic Spirit Cannon. Which does some major damage to Demeter. So he does now have prep feats of creating above servant tier weapons.

Thats a good prep feat, doubt it can be translated to this fight but i'm not denying that he can pull out something bs with the Power Plant Dam lel

Anyway i'm going away tomorrow until April 6th so the progress of this fight will be slow without me bumping it, so enjoy the rest of the debate in my absence

Back