• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri vs Hatake Kakashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that DMS Kakashi is intangible and has durability bypassing attacks, I don't see how Katakuri wins. Even if he has Pre-Cog, they have the same speed so Kakashi can react to all his counters and attacks to turn intangible in time. Katakuri effectively loses the advantage of Pre-Cog due to equalization. Kakashi retains his advantage. Some are saying that Katakuri's intangibility renders Kakashi's Kamui obsolete, I entirely disagree. Katakuri's intangibility still has physical form, just taht it's mochi and can be passed through. Kamui would BFR that portion of the Mochi it hits. With Kamui Shuriken, he could BFR Katakuri's entire body. Thus I vote Kakashi.

Kakashi: 7 (PaChi2, Blanked, Damage3245. ShrekAlmighty, Heilergott, KinkiestSin, IMadeThisOn)

Katakuri: 4 (SwordguyZ, Darkfeat, LuffyPlayer, Altair)

Knightofanihilation, Burning Full Fingers and Dariel Senju have discussed, but not yet openly voted, as far as I can see. They, however, seem to have discussed in Kakashi's favor, but that count's dirt if they do not vote.

EDIT: Rewrote the votes and added names to the votes.

On another note, Manga seems to get really interesting in OP now, Luffy is actually coming back to fight Katakuri again xD

It also seems as though Haki has an obvious weakness that I feared would be canon. I'll wait for the next chapter first, because I could be wrong.

Kakashi has 7 votes, and there is a wide enough gap for this to be labeled as his victory. Grace period starts now.

How long does such a Grace period last? Sorry to ask, but I could not find it anywhere.

What I'm really interested in is Katakuri stating that there are things "surpassing Haki". Is there yet another power that everyone could master in the OPverse? And i'm starting to get really antsy about Luffy's Awakening. Hopefully he won't just turn everything into rubber...

Please bear in mind that the 'surpassing Haki' comment is almost certainly a mistranslation as what Katakuri said in another translation group was 'It looks like my armament Haki surpasses yours' to Luffy.

Katakuri's transmutation of inorganic materials and precognition seems to be a huge deciding factor here. Katakuri could easily trap him in Mochi.

I'm going Katakuri.

@Heilergott - usually 24 hours.

@Damage - No, I didn't even care for Katakuri's statement regarding that. Also, I'm pretty certain his armament haki, even if inferior, would surpass Luffy's usage given how he increased the density of his Mochi before locking it with haki.

@Rinkaku - Please keep in mind we are taking Double Mangekyo Kamui Kakashi here, not base Kakashi.

Also, anyone else suprised with Katakuri's face? Holy moly, that maw.

Heilergott said:
@Rinkaku - Please keep in mind we are taking Double Mangekyo Kamui Kakashi here, not base Kakashi.
Also, anyone else suprised with Katakuri's face? Holy moly, that maw.
What other version of Kakashi is High 6-C? I already knew that.

Good, then it is another vote for Katakuri.

And I finally get why there is always a giant clusterf*** under every Death Battle video. This can get REALLY frustrating.

Grace Period is the time it takes for a Discussion to be closed as conclusive and added to the Characters account, I believe.

Kakashi's got both short and long distance Kamui here, meaning intangibility and portal combat. That's a huge pain in the behind to deal with, considering the guy is one of the smartest combatants in the Narutoverse. Katakuri might not even be fighting the real deal, but a mere clone instead.

That, along with everyone else's (that voted for Kakashi) reasoning, is enough to convince me that he's the superior dude in this fight. I mean, mochi is fine and all, but it's not dimensional nonesense that is Kamui (and Kakashi already fought a momochi before, lol).

The truth I still hope that in the fight between Luffy and Katakuri show something of him that makes me rethink the opinion that I have of this versus but there has been nothing so far. Not even Kaguya who was ridiculous more powerful than Katakuri and anyone in One Piece, with much more destructive attacks could stop Kakashi, in this battle Katakuri only has a chance to win by resistance since Kakashi being a borrowed power has a limit of how much he can use it and because Kakashi is limited to not using Genjutsu in this battle, otherwise the balance would be in Kakashi's favor completely.

I'm just going to add that Katakuri isn't one to underestimate his opponents and with his Awakening and precog actually can finish the fight pretty quickly. It was also revealed that the only reason Katakuri was "stressed" was because he was missing his "snack time". Katakuri wouldn't let Luffy go into G4 so what makes you think that he'll let Kakashi use Kamui. Don't forget that he'll know because of his precog. If Kakashi gets trapped even once by the Mochi he's finished. Katakuri was capable of changing the entire Mirroworld into Mochi, the Mirroworld is a realm created by someone else's DF, meaning he shouldn't be able to take complete control since it's someone else's ability World. Imagine what he could do in the real world. If he traps Kakashi's hands and mouth and buries him like he did Luffy, then it's gg. Or he can surround him with Mochi from afar or he can spam jelly beans. Basically, range isn't an issue. And close combat is obviously going to be in the favor of Katakuri. This, combined with the fact that Katakuri goes for the kill and won't play around with Kakashi leads to his victory.

"I'm just going to add that Katakuri isn't one to underestimate his opponents and with his Awakening and precog actually can finish the fight pretty quickly"

Someone didnt read the last chapter.

Grace period it is, btw.

"If he traps Kakashi's hands and mouth and buries him like he did Luffy, then it's gg."

You know kakashi can just walk through it, right?

Kakashi can phase through solid matter, so even getting caught in mochi would not be instakill. And same with Kakashi. He can predict what Katakuri will do...

Kamui, as seen with Obito, is not necessary to activate, but seems to be more of a always active kind of power with a maximum, althought that is discussable. And with equalized speed, Katakuri has no chance to kill Kakashi even if it is an "activate" power, which, once again, is unlikely.

But we've chewed this through for days now. We've different opinions. Let's just wait for the results...

PaChi2 said:
"I'm just going to add that Katakuri isn't one to underestimate his opponents and with his Awakening and precog actually can finish the fight pretty quickly"

Someone didnt read the last chapter.

Grace period it is, btw.
That's funny! I actually did read the last chapter. The same chapter where he buried Luffy completely in Mochi in a few seconds when he got the chance. Any other human would've been dead. He couldn't move and had to eat his way out. Oh yeah, I also remember Katakuri killing three guys instantly when bloodlusted so there's that for the "finishing the fight quickly". So I stand by my statement. The question is, did you read the chapter? I mean you saw Katakuri stop Luffy from going G4 and earlier on he waited on the SH's ship "just in case" so you should know how Katakuri plays it safe.

"Isnt one to understimate his opponents"

He told that to luffy. Yet he understimated the strawhats and luffy.

"With his precog can finish the fight"

Like he did with luffy? You mean not seeing into the future well enough and let luffy live? Not outright killing luffy? Huh?

@PaChi2's Yes, but that drains him. He can't keep doing that forever. But Katakuri is stronger than someone who fought for 11 hours, so he can use the same strategy until Kakashi runs out of chakra and/or stamina. Or he could use Minato's tactic and attack the moment he becomes tangible. I would argue that Armament Haki allows him to hit him even while intangible but I already know that argument won't be accepted here.

Heilergott said:
Does not change he actually is making quite a good point. If his precog is so strong, why did he not kill Luffy?
He didn't kill Luffy because he wanted his "snack time". It even says that Katakuri would've made sure Luffy was dead, but he really couldn't wait anymore for his "snack time".

Armament Haki does NOT allow someone to him someone in another dimension.

And second - Katakuri was not able to dodge Luffy for the fight. I do strongly disbelieve that Katakuri could continuosly dodge Kakashi for the duration of a couple hours.

"Until kakashi runs out of stamina"

Yeah, the guy fought consecutively against Juubito, Obito, Shinju, Madara and Kaguya. He is not running out of stamina. Also you keep ignoring that kakashi can go to Kamui dimension and rest if needed.

"Or he could use Minato's tactic and attack the moment he becomes tangible."

Minato had an instantaneous technique that allowed him to blitz obito. Speed is equalized.

Lol did you guys read the chapter? He lazily tried to finish him off quickly only because he was late for his snack time, which he had at the same time everyday. If it wasn't for that, Luffy probably would be dead. Don't forget Luffy has the power of plot on his side, the same as every shounen main character.

Yeah, he wasted even more time by not getting serious and doing a really bad job of killing Luffy because he wanted to get to his Donuts fast.

That's why he wasted minutes fighting him unserious. Because he wanted Donuts fast.

Im out. Not in the mood to discuss this anymore.

I'll wait until grace period is over to close this.

Heilergott said:
Armament Haki does NOT allow someone to him someone in another dimension.

And second - Katakuri was not able to dodge Luffy for the fight. I do strongly disbelieve that Katakuri could continuosly dodge Kakashi for the duration of a couple hours.
He only got hit once, because he was bloodlusted. How many times has Kakashi been hit again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back