• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri vs Hatake Kakashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two masked edge-lords wearing permanent scars on their faces.

Standard Battle Assumptions - Genjutsu is nullified, Speed is equalized

Battleground: Seducing Woods (Wholecake Island - One Piece)

Who wins?: Victory via Death of opponent

Charlotte Katakuri: 5 (SwordguyZ, Darkfeat, LuffyPlayer, Altair, RinkakuKagune)

Hatake Kakashi: 10 (PaChi2, Blanked, Damage3245. ShrekAlmighty, Heilergott, KinkiestSin, IMadeThisOn, Dariel Senju, Gemmysaur, Mitsukii97)

Charlotte Katakuri Manga Infobox
Kakashi Double MS

The edge

Kakashi is only High 6-C via perfect sussano correct? And is it timed or tied into his stamina in some way?

From what it looks like Katakuri has a massive stamina advantage, better precog, pseudo intang and higher AP.

Katakuri isnt bypassing Kakashi's intangibility any time soon and Kakashi has kamui stuff that negates durability.

DMS kakashi has 0 stamina problems and Susanoo barely drains stamina.

Genjutsu is what? Lol.

Also, I think I will give this to Kakashi for his attacks that negate durabilty. Kakashi can fly and just spam couple of attacks and that's it.

There is no time limit for his Susano and all of his stamina problems were solved as well.

I don't see how his durability negation is gonna get past Katakuri's intang. So the same can be said for Kakashi. It'd also be a good idea to wait on this match up for two main reasons.

1: Katakuri is still fighting Luffy and has yet to show anything seriously.

2: The Narutoverse is going through a revision so Kakashi might not even be High 6-C anymore.

Imo Katakuri should still take this with his own intang that's not limited to only 5 minutes unlike Kakashi. His better precog and higher AP. But I'm not voting for the moment.

How is intangibility saving you from a durabilty negation attack?

I hope Katakuri kicks his ass.(Luffy)

Kamui bends space and intangible or not he is still part of space so i don't see how he can run away.

He just showed him who's the boss. Now the butt kicking starts.

Does Kakashi start with Kamui IC? Katakuri's Precog looks into the future, so he'd be able to get a slight warning of Kamui and know to finish the battle before then. But my main point was the whole Naruto revision thing.

Inb4 Gear 5th

Kakashi can just phase out into another dimension, and Katakuri has future-sight and normal attacks wont work on his paramecia form (unless Kamui flat out disables Katakuri's DF, which it doesn't, Katakuri can regen from being decapitated or blown in half). They are both copy-cats, and can let attacks phase through them and have varying levels of pre-cog.

I think I might have made an incredibly close fight, to be honest :p.

and ew, no. I don't want a Gear 5th. Next you're gonna tell me Luffy has a 6th gear called Trampoline man.

@William - i actually had a theory for if Luffy's DF awakening worked exactly like Doflamingo's, but that's for another thread >_>.

Katakuri's intangibility won't be a good defense against Kamui. All Kakashi needs to do is look at him to warp him away, or hit him with his oversized Kamui shuriken thanks to Perfect Susano'o. Either way, Katakuri will be warped to another dimension and lose via BFR.

>Kakashi loses genjutsu and BFR against someone with likely bigger AP.

>Fairness.

Okay... then the match potentially lasts until Kakashi finds a way to drown Katakuri. How else is he supposed to kill him?

Genjutsu in versus matches = so tedious to even look at.

Pachi, Kakashi can literally use Water style techniques to lower the density of Katakuri's body, even if it isn't confirmed to outright harm him.

CinCameron20 said:
Genjutsu in versus matches = so tedious to even look at.
Honestly, I still don't know what's special about genjutsu for it to be restricted again and again. It's just normal illusion and mind hax. Characters with way better mind hax don't get theirs restricted, but it's almost always the case for genjutsu. Are we going to restrict genjutsu in a Itachi match now? Or restrict Kyōka Suigetsu for Aizen and mind hax for Star Wars? Well, it's not even like Kakashi goes for genjutsu immediately. He'll only use it if he has no choice or is backed into a corner.

@PaChi

Although Kakashi can use other large scale water ninjutsu, when did he use Water Prison?

So as it stands kakashi can only hurt him in susanoo and kamui that is obviously true and he can tank only in susanoo but the thing is that kakashi one shots with kamui shuriken,kamui,kamui chidori and he has 5 minutes to hit him before his intangibility runs out and i doubt thats all that hard

so i vote for kakashi

@Burning didnt he copy it from Zabuza?

@Shrek

The 5 minutes thing only applies to one eyed obito. Also, its 5 minutes of consecutively being intangible, as long as there is a brief moment between attacks those 5 minutes restart.

Katakuri has not shown much of his power, we know a considerable part of his abilities. But apparently so far nothing says he can with this Kakashi, who will not be able to touch a hair due to the Kamui. In destructive power Kakashi has his perfect Susanoo with the extreme durability of these and his attack power, Kakashi has abilities like Genjutsu and imbuir Kamui in Shuriken Giants.

Basically the only thing that helps Katakuri is his precog, but it has not been shown to be infallible or can predict all events at all times. In one way or another Kakashi would end up winning since Katakuri has nothing that can do before the abilities of intangibility, attacks space-temporary or illusions.

PaChi2 said:
@Shrek

The 5 minutes thing only applies to one eyed obito. Also, its 5 minutes of consecutively being intangible, as long as there is a brief moment between attacks those 5 minutes restart.
I do indeed know that but i was just saying there is no way katakuri will last longer than 5 minutes so there is no need for the 5 minutes restart

PaChi2 said:
Hmm, he did copy some of Zabuza's ninjutsu, but I don't remember him copying Water Prison. I think he only started copying Zabuza's techniques after being released from it. Though I'm not sure.

Konan said 10 minutes for his intangibility from What I remember and she said her bombs will keep exploding for 15 minutes. Now I might be wrong.

After skimming through most of the comments, yeah I need to include most of the votes, excluding ones that are from clear fanboys/lack of reasoning (Looking at you, Utenok), but I'd like to know why many of you disregard Katakuri's future-sight.

Kakashi would be drained after 5 minutes of constant use of Intangibility, but what about when he flips it off to maintain his stamina, in order to fight longer? Wouldn't he risk becoming vulnerable to attack?

I'm just posing questions, looking for rebuttals.

Why would he keep intagibilty the entire time in the first place, with his sharingan he will see attacks coming and the fact Kakashi is flying gives him quite of an advantage.

Katakuri wins via precognition, better physical capabilities, and Regenerationn. Not to mention that he has been casual so far with none of his attacks being named... these same attacks are wrecking Luffy who, even without G4, is regarded as High 6C. Kamui, Susanoo, All of the sharingan abilities won't hit because of precognition. And even if they did, we still don't know the limit of his Regenerationn as no attack has hurt him thus far.

Also what's that mid lvl regen based on? He didn't show the abilty to regenerate his head, or even his heart...

@Sword Saying we still don't know the limits of his regen and using it as a reason is invalid. Saying that not a single attack will hit is stupid and NLF.

@William - In regards of Mid-level regen, he was blown in half, he had most of his head blown off, and he had most of his torso blown apart, and he reformed from that. Also, how good is Sharingan pre-cog? Can he see several seconds into the future? Katakuri already has experience against other opponents who have pre-cog.

Are you suggesting that Kakashi turning off his intang and then turning it back on would give him a reset for the 5 minutes? If he turns it off, there's a possibility he could take a haki-infused punch from one of Katakuri's 24 arms that he has shown capable of producing, which could throw him off. No matter who wins, this would be a drawn out fight.

The only thing that's going to harm Katakuri is a Kamui attack that is large enough to take or most of his, which could kill him, or water-based attacks since water can lower the density of his Mochi body, but it doesn't do him any harm from what is displayed. Other attacks that cut, burn, or crush Katakuri will be harmless, since his Paramecia body regens similarly to a Logia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back