• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy VS Kakashi Hatake

• Starting Distance: 30m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Water 7 Arc Luffy | Part I & II Kakashi

Luffy: 3 (@Nanashi, @KingTempest, @SuperStar)
Kakashi: 9 (@CiscoTheSoto, @Kidkinsey, @WrongIdea21, @Ricsi-viragosi, @jojo123, @Shadowbokunohero, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @BrackishBrineBroth, @speedster352)
Saitama (Incon):

Last edited:
Interesting match, though for this one speed does need to be equalized since Luffy and the rest of the characters in Water 7 got upgraded to Relativistic. In any case, I think I'm going to have to give this one to Kakashi. He's a very skilled ninja with remarkable intelligence, impressive taijutsu skills, and a Sharingan that allows him to read the moves of his opponents with greater clarity than Sasuke's Sharingan could prior to its evolution and his training, and I believe it is superior to Luffy's analytical prediction abilities. Kakashi also has a slightly higher AP, scaling off of 30 megatons, while Luffy's AP is 20.88 megatons. Kakashi could easily just stab Luffy through the heart with his Sharingan, and if worse comes to worst, he could try and use the Mangekyo Sharingan's Kamui. Even if it doesn't take Luffy's entire body, since he still isn't very experienced with using it, it should still at least take one of Luffy's limbs like he did against Deidara.

Interesting match, though for this one speed does need to be equalized since Luffy and the rest of the characters in Water 7 got upgraded to Relativistic.
The Sharingan allows Kakashi to be able to react to faster opponents.

and use the Mangekyo Sharingan's Kamui.
Kakashi in this key doesn't use Kamui and hadn't yet mastered the technique as in the Fourth Ninja War.

The Sharingan allows Kakashi to be able to react to faster opponents.
The difference in speed between the two characters is too great for the Sharingan to compensate. Luffy is at least a hundred times faster than Kakashi, probably more.
Kakashi in this key doesn't use Kamui and hadn't yet mastered the technique as in the Fourth Ninja War.
I'm not saying he leads with it, but he does use it occasionally as a last resort like in the beginning of Part II, and as I said, even if he didn't get Luffy's whole body due to inexperience, he'd still probably be able to get at least a limb, limiting Luffy's mobility and ability to fight.

Kamui and genjutsu should be wincons
lightning blade should be useless except MAYBE the piercing aspect
Luffy obviously has stamina and I think range

Luffy using g3 is a bad idea imo because thats a bigger target to kamui and his PTS backdraw so that just leaves his base and g2 attacks which I think Kakashi should be able to overcome with his precog+ intelligence and moveset

Kamui and genjutsu should be wincons
lightning blade should be useless except MAYBE the piercing aspect
Luffy obviously has stamina and I think range
Oh yea, I forgot that Luffy’s rubber body allows him to resist any electric attack. I don’t think that would allow him to resist the piercing effect of the attack, though.

W7 Luffy is scale to 21 Gigatons
Kakashi is scale to 10 Gigatons
Kakashi can't bypass Luffy Blunt Force resistance with his pure AP, but his Kamui easly Negated Luffy and Kakashi skill Stomp. Vote for Kakashi until sumeone change my mind.

I thought cisco said ap goes to Kakashi I didn't actually check
Luffy dodging kamui with g2 i can see but how is kamui negated?

and Kakashi skill Stomp
Stop, you literally brought that out of no where how is that a valid vote? Kakashi is more intelligent than luffy, not more skilled at all... Luffy in East blue can defeat people much much smarter than him via unpredictability, range and instinct plus more

F... Why did I comment

Stop, you literally brought that out of no where how is that a valid vote? Kakashi is more intelligent than luffy, not more skilled at all... Luffy in East blue can defeat people much much smarter than him via unpredictability, range and instinct plus more
I agree that Kakashi doesn't skill stomp, since Luffy has fought many powerful fighters by this point in the series such as Arlong, Kuro, Crocodile, and Enel, but Kakashi's also very experienced and fought a multitude of opponents. He became a Jonin at age 12, became a member of the Anbu Black Ops not longer after, and has fought several very impressive and powerful foes. He nearly defeated Zabuza, and fought several members of the Akatsuki such as Deidara, Hidan, and Kakazu. He's got a variety of different jutsu at his disposal, and was stated by Naruto to have greater taijutsu skills than Rock Lee (though that statement's debatable since he hadn't seen Lee's improvement in the three years he was gone). Having said that, Luffy's also got very good instincts, a much greater range as you said, and also unpredictability, though I don't think the unpredictability's gonna help against Kakashi's Sharingan.

I think Luffy could possibly win if the battle goes on for long enough and his RPE comes into play, since he's a very unique opponent that no one in the ninja world has ever fought, but to say that his analytical prediction of his opponent's movements or ability to replicate techniques is comparable to the Sharingan is kinda ridiculous.

F... Why did I comment
Read Kakashi's profile.

Luffy is more skilled because he can defeat FTE opponents 🤓
Luffy is more skilled because he literally defeats people whos stronger than him, more durable, faster, smarter, more versatile and much more...

Plus because of luffy being able to do this in the beginning of the series:
Luffy creating techniques on the spot by copying anything he has seen or can see that's especially effective against the opponent his fighting
Luffy easily winning against someone who is one of the smartest people in East blue and moves FTE to luffy even in his base form, countering ones attack by holding on to the weapon mid air while someone was attacking at the same time, countering a slash by stopping it from the side with good timing while in mid air, Making a plan to destroy someone weapon and perfectly hitting the same spot to break someone's armor. Can think of effective ways to get himself out of sticky situations and make good use of it by attacking back, redirect a cannon ball that explodes on contact (I think) and redirects it back at the opponent, able to use his surroundings to dodge or block
East blue luffy is Comparable to Zoro who can do this...
Able to block/dodge 6 blades coming from all directions while using foreign swords coming from behind him and being severely damaged while attacking back. Able to make techniques effectively that counters someone else's technique, while being near death gets hurt even more and is able to spin a certain way to not get hit and attack back at the same time while falling, able to perfectly accurate cut a very small bogger that explodes on contact and make it not explode on him

I haven't even researched much and got alot of good feats... Kakashi doesn't have many in terms of combat skill.

Last edited:
I swear people only here to debate and not try to find the truth... It's the sole reason I hate commenting on matches.

Luffy is more skilled because he literally defeats people whos stronger than him, more durable, faster, smarter, more versatile and much more...
To be fair though, he's often needed outside help to defeat some of his enemies or only because of luck. He nearly drowned when he fought Arlong and had to have his friends keep his head afloat for him, he only defeated Crocodile because Robin saved him and miraculously survived being drained by Crocodile thanks to water falling from the air, he was spared by Lucci and CP9 when they first met, needed encouragement from Usopp to get back up against Lucci, needed to have citizens help delay Doflamingo at Dressrosa, had to hide against Katakuri for several hours, and lost twice against Kaido in their second match. Not saying that he doesn't have skill and that his accomplishments aren't remarkable, but don't act like he did all of it himself or that he wouldn't have died several times.

To be fair though, he's often needed outside help to defeat some of his enemies or only because of luck. He nearly drowned when he fought Arlong and had to have his friends keep his head afloat for him, he only defeated Crocodile because Robin saved him and miraculously survived being drained by Crocodile thanks to water falling from the air, he was spared by Lucci and CP9 when they first met, needed encouragement from Usopp to get back up against Lucci, needed to have citizens help delay Doflamingo at Dressrosa, had to hide against Katakuri for several hours, and lost twice against Kaido in their second match. Not saying that he doesn't have skill and that his accomplishments aren't remarkable, but don't act like he did all of it himself or that he wouldn't have died several times.
I'm showing skill feats... Plus never talked about any opposing character luffy needed help to defeat... Like Kuro and don kreig

If you went through the scans you would've seen this statement and such

Are you really comparing skill and intelligence? Especially combat skill?

Kakashi is shown to be able to understand the workings of enemy techniques in just a few minutes, very sharp senses, master in hand to hand combat, has precognition, masters 4 basic elements, is experienced with war and killing strategies from a young age, has Hax, many jutsu and good equipment. many

Kakashi is shown to be able to understand the workings of enemy techniques in just a few minutes, very sharp senses, master in hand to hand combat, has precognition, masters 4 basic elements, is experienced with war and killing strategies from a young age, has Hax, many jutsu and good equipment. many
You are just saying stuff... Can you show the master in hand to hand combat? Or explain it? Can you show or explain his very sharp senses? Like what is that? How is that debating?

Basically it's vague af... One could be a master at something and lose to someone less skilled because of someone else's fighting style which greatly can counter them

Saying luffy is insanely skilled because he defeated ..... Means literally nothing, the same way defeating a god is nothing without context and stuff

You are just saying stuff... Can you show the master in hand to hand combat? Or explain it? Can you show or explain his very sharp senses? Like what is that? How is that debating?

Basically it's vague af... One could be a master at something and lose to someone less skilled because of someone else's fighting style which greatly can counter them

Saying luffy is insanely skilled because he defeated ..... Means literally nothing, the same way defeating a god is nothing without context and stuff
You don't read Naruto, watch their anime, or even read the profile.
What you want Anime or Manga scans?

You don't read Naruto, watch their anime, or even read the profile.
What you want Anime or Manga scans?
I have watched the anime, read many of their profiles, played naruto games (that game... Holy), thinks naruto is 9/10 and thinks I'm much much much more knowledge than you when it comes to understanding naruto 🙈

Back