• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just a minor CRT on something that caught my attention on both the Classic and Modern Sonic profile that I haven't seen discussed anywhere when I searched.

For justification on Classic Sonic being Low 4-C/Small Star level, it states that he defeats villains that use the power of a Chaos Emerald, which can split the planet apart in Sonic Advance 3/Sonic Unleashed as shown in the opening cutscenes (SU's was calced as well). However in this scan from IDW (which is apparently canon to the games now according to both Iizuka and the lore team), Starline states "their power is chaotic, and can change given the situation or their usage." Based on what he said, the Chaos Emeralds deliberately don't have a consistent level of power and seem to fluctuate depending on the user, which to me doesn't really justify scaling someone like Silver Sonic or the Egg Mobile to something like the Eclipse Cannon or the Chaos Energy Cannon unless there's any scans or statements stating that Eggman designed them to be as powerful.

Chaos Emerald-related pages (especially Eggman's inventions that use emerald power) should probably be reevaluated based on what feats were shown or calced of them because scaling everyone to Low 4-C for defeating someone with a Chaos Emerald on hand just doesn't make sense when taking the IDW statement into consideration.

the emeralds varying in power was a thing accepted here years before the idw quote, that is but a support evidence for what we already knew, i suggest you to read this blog:

bassically the chaos emeralds vary depending on the way they are used, the aptitude, the will, the thoughts and the emotions of the user, the small star level feat was done when the emeralds were by themselves and had no user to do those things, therefore every one person using them and having those things will be far stronger than the small star level calc

aka, they do vary, but the small star level calculation is them at their minimum after having only woken up their energy and without anyone using their thoughts and emotions to empower them, since those things are what makes the emeralds vary in the first place, it makes it so that the feat done by their own without a user their bare minimum energy output

aka, they do vary, but the small star level calculation is them at their minimum after having only woken up their energy and without anyone using their thoughts and emotions to empower them, since those things are what makes the emeralds vary in the first place, it makes it so that the feat done by their own without a user their bare minimum energy output
Though the Emeralds could have been reacting to Eggman, but I guess that's good enough reasoning for it to stay that way.

The statement about the power being chaotic has been misinterpreted for some reason. The statement isn't referring to energy output. Otherwise people like Sonic or Shadow wouldn't be able to control how much power they want to use when going Super, and they'd never be appropriately strong. Nor would machines consistently get the EXACT amount of energy they need. The "Chaotic" bit is referring to their powers and nature. Chaos Emeralds have always been unpredictable and chaotic. Such as almost destroying Sonic's universe in Rush, sending Sonic to Blaze's universe without warning, repelling Time Eater, etc. It also refers to its many uses when being used by a person.

The very fact that Starline compares the Warp Topaz's abilities to the Emeralds after making that statement should make it quite clear the assessment was in reference to the Emeralds capabilities in general. Not energy output. The power that can be channeled however isn't chaotic. They can use exactly the amount of energy they wish to use in that regard. Well, to the extent of their channeling capabilities anyway. And while I disagree with Classic Sonic's rating, it's for a slightly different reason. Not because of Starline's statement, that much is certain.

Back