• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changing the Versus Thread One-Shot Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper this seems good but can you apply this to anime protag #23819 who’s kept on fighting through cracked ribs, a few shattered fingers and a fractured skull?
Yes. Because the only thing that allows the protagonist to continue on like this would be through otherworldly abilities or in most cases, Supernatural Willpower, immortality or body control.

Yes. Because the only thing that allows the protagonist to continue on like this would be through otherworldly abilities or in most cases, Supernatural Willpower, immortality or body control.
Yes, so if a character has Supernatural Willpower that lets them continue on through ridiculous injuries, we’re gonna class them as “one-shot” and “unable to fight” because they... sustained serious injuries from the first hit?

Yes, so if a character has Supernatural Willpower that lets them continue on through ridiculous injuries, we’re gonna class them as “one-shot” and “unable to fight” because they... sustained serious injuries from the first hit?
Again, doesn't work for in-verse fights. Strictly for VS Debating matches only.

No, the one-shot multiplier is strictly for versus-debating purposes. The multiplier will only apply if Character A's AP calc is X times higher than Character B's AP calc in a VS match.

THIS WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT APPLY TO IN-VERSE ONE-SHOTS WHATSOEVER, AS IN-VERSE ONE-SHOTS ARE TOO INCONSISTENT, AT TIMES NOT EVEN REQUIRING A 2X MULTIPLIER TO ONE-SHOT AND CRIPPLE.

Again, y'all are literally forgetting this thread's purpose.

No, the one-shot multiplier is strictly for versus-debating purposes. The multiplier will only apply if Character A's AP calc is X times higher than Character B's AP calc in a VS match.

THIS WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT APPLY TO IN-VERSE ONE-SHOTS WHATSOEVER, AS IN-VERSE ONE-SHOTS ARE TOO INCONSISTENT, AT TIMES NOT EVEN REQUIRING A 2X MULTIPLIER TO ONE-SHOT AND CRIPPLE.

Again, y'all are literally forgetting this thread's purpose.
That's why I suggested removing the one shot multipliers to begin with.

Yes but in vs matches sometimes crippling a character doesn’t stop them from somehow fighting at full capacity
Depends on whether characters get that adrenaline boost or are just running on fumes at that point. But sometimes, even being able to fight through all that damage means nothing if you are ultimately gonna die from said attack.

No, it wouldn't, removing the gap and replacing it with absolutely nothing just makes it more risky as people would make much bigger stomp matches. There has to be a line crossed for a one-shot
Just depends on the conditions of the match. Wouldn't you think an 8C with FTL speed would eventually beat a high 8C that only has subsonic speed through chip damage?

Just depends on the conditions of the match. Wouldn't you think an 8C with FTL speed would eventually beat a high 8C that only has subsonic speed through chip damage?
No, we don't allow chip-damage. The 8-C would just break their hands if all they had was the AP and FTL speed without LS and had no semblance of intelligence to use and abuse for prep time or lacked other hax.

That could depend if the FTL 8-C has much more hax than the High 8-C character, then they do infact speedblitz. But if not, the 8-C character even with FTL speed wouldn't be strong enough to speedblitz although the High 8-C character would never be able to touch them at all.

So we basically ignored that someone with a crowbar could've broken down a brick wall after striking it hundreds of thousands of times?
Yeah, pretty much. Read the Game Mechanics page. It applies to other non-game verses as well.

Either you scale fully or you don't scale at all. There's no in-between like "chip damage" in fiction. Otherwise we could make up bullshit presumptions that a human could beat Superman with chip damage by being swifter than him.

Breaking a wall with a crowbar doesn't mean you are 9-B. And you'd be going at it for days at a time.

Breaking a wall with a crowbar doesn't mean you are 9-B. And you'd be going at it for days at a time.
You're forgetting the point,

What would take days for a normal human would take seconds for those that are massively faster than them. So really. There's nothing wrong with irl chip damage

You're forgetting the point,

What would take days for a normal human would take seconds for those that are massively faster than them. So really. There's nothing wrong with irl chip damage
That's not the case in ficiton, so you will have to make a whole separate CRT for it, though I doubt it will get anywhere really, given our strict policies on chip damage even with speed involved. We don't accept damage accumulation over time either.

what if people that could fight beyond serious injury are just harder to one shot
They need to be crippled to the point where no amount of willpower can allow them to effectively fight against the opponent on equal ground.

I think we should have both.
A one-shot gap of a character's body exploding from a punch (ala Saitama), which should be easy to calc, just take the materials of the human body and calculate how much energy would be necessary to break it, then compare it to the average punch. Or the human durability, which is currently severely underrated. My body will not break from a mere +300 J punch.

And a one-shot gap for severely harming one's body to the point where they cannot fight.
We would have to establish how much that would take, breaking most bones? Calculate the force necessary to do that then compare to a agreeable human durability.
Ripping the muscle tissue of most of the body? Idem.
I agree. I’ll make a calc for destruction of the average human body.

I agree. I’ll make a calc for destruction of the average human body.
Destruction values here for usage. Just divide human mass with density to get volume.

Don't make vaporization values tho, we already have that here. Atomic destruction would be this (It says vaporization but the article clearly states the involvement of breaking every single atomic bond in the human body, which I don't have to tell you, qualifies for atomization). Don't think we'd need to go that far tho.

Last edited:
brian-griffin-family-guy.gif

Yeah.... That'll do it....

...do any of the tiers even have a big enough difference between top and bottom values for this to happen?

Okay so I checked the AP page
From what I can see this would so only 5-A, 4-B, 4-A, 3-B and 3-A can have lethal one shots

Anyways I assume this it not used unless we just want to make 5 tiers only have one shots lol

How about doing destruction of each vital organ and picking out the lowest value that comes up? Toss breaking whatever skin, muscles and bones would be needed to get to the organ obviously but might be worth trying

Ordinary humans punching at ordinary human speeds can get decently into 9-C (this is also established, albeit without a source, in our Superhuman Physical Characteristics page), but they can't one-shot ordinary people by striking their torso. They'd need to hit weak points to even knock someone out in one blow, let alone kill them.
Is that a oneshot problem or a human durability problem, though?
Since durability is a range and our stat system is simplified as hell all arguments of such nature are kinda bad IMO.

How about doing destruction of each vital organ and picking out the lowest value that comes up? Toss breaking whatever skin, muscles and bones would be needed to get to the organ obviously but might be worth trying
Organs aren't designed to survive blunt-force trauma tho, so that method would be unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back