• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Well if its facing southwards and the story takes place in Tokyo then it must be a beach near Tokyo...
There is no beach that's in the Tokyo area and is greater than 500 km away from Nikaho.

Even the farthest possible point from Nikaho and Tokyo is less than 500 km from what I'm seeing.

Which either means the author didn't bother to find the distance correctly, or we just don't know where they are. The assumption in this case would be the latter.

Since it's canon that the Gun Devil started at the coast of Nikaho over 500 km away, and didn't enter a 500 km range until 3 seconds after it was summoned.

If we go by this calculation's speed, the Gun Devil appeared from around 747.75 km away from Makima. Edit: Want to get everything clear before giving another evaluation.

How do we know it's facing southward?

Last edited:
There is no beach that's in the Tokyo area and is greater than 500 km away from Nikaho.

Even the farthest possible point from Nikaho and Tokyo is less than 500 km from what I'm seeing.

Which either means the author didn't bother to find the distance correctly, or we just don't know where they are. The assumption in this case would be the latter.

Since it's canon that the Gun Devil started at the coast of Nikaho over 500 km away, and didn't enter a 500 km range until 3 seconds after it was summoned.

If we go by this calculation's speed, the Gun Devil appeared from around 747.75 km away from Makima. Edit: Want to get everything clear before giving another evaluation.

How do we know it's facing southward?
I don't think Tokyo should be on the path of the Gun Devil gunfire, the casualties would have skyrocketed and part of Tokyo would have been destroyed, which would definitely be mentioned in the story

So then Makima would have to be somewhere in this circle area considering the speed.

These calculations depend on contradicting factors, as such only one can be used.

If the statement is correct and the Gun Devil indeed never left Nikaho, we can use the first one. But if the statement doesn't match up, I can accept the second calculation instead. Also, I cannot comment on your blog Zabazab as it seems you have them disabled.

I did note the Gun Devil's range wasn't downgraded when the 500 km thing was removed, it'll need to be put down to Kilometers as the max known range is 1.5 km.

We need the translation before anything.

If it's confirmed that the Gun Devil was in Nikaho for 12 seconds, the attack calculation can be used.

If it's not confirmed or it's too vague to say, the travel calculation can be used.

I've already acquired the raws and I'm asking around for a translation. Don't know how long it'll take though.

So now that both speed calcs have been accepted, which one do we use to find the K.E of the Gun Devil
If the Mach 727 one isn't accepted and only the bullet speed one is we would go by the current world crossing feat he currently scales to which is Mach 312. It would be a slight downgrade from the current value that other calc found but It would still be 7-B. On another note has anyone though about re-doing the World crossing feat? It's 5 years old now and some of the calculations from it have already been replaced.

If the Mach 727 one isn't accepted and only the bullet speed one is we would go by the current world crossing feat he currently scales to which is Mach 312. It would be a slight downgrade from the current value that other calc found but It would still be 7-B. On another note has anyone though about re-doing the World crossing feat? It's 5 years old now and some of the calculations from it have already been replaced.
Both of them are accepted, It depends on if the translation says that the Gun Devil was in Nikaho for 12 seconds or not. That will determine which calc we use to find the Gun Devils K.E

Rusty reached out to some translators so we will know soon enough

On another note has anyone though about re-doing the World crossing feat? It's 5 years old now and some of the calculations from it have already been replaced.
AP wise it was re-calced to Small Town Level+ and it has been accepted

Speed wise no
Updated Bucket list:
Evaluated Calcs:

1. Bomb Devil Arc Feats: Wall level+(0.004 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level (0.0120 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level (0.0122 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level+ (0.137 Tons of TNT) | Class M (38698065.625 Newtons or 3946.1044929 Tons of Force) (All Mid tiers scale to this)
2. Fox Devil: Small Building level (116115532.68 Joules) (Low - Mid tiers scale to this)
3. Cockroach Devil Feats: Small Building level+ (0.1909 Tons of TNT) (All Mid tiers Scale to this)
4. Gun Devil 100%: Small Town level+ (5.044 Kilotons of TNT) All (High - God tiers scale to this)
5. Santa Claus Feat: Building level (1.27101446136 Tonnes Of TNT) (All Mid tiers scale to this)
6. Typhoon Devil's Storm: Small City level (5.44 Megatons) (EV DC)
7. Typhoon Devil Feat: Building level (0.3107515552031549 Tons of TNT) (EV DC)
^

Didn't fami actually control the falling devil?
I see that as just a hax feat, since Fami can control those who starve for something

Generally Primordial Devils should be above the horsemen

Fami would me more of:

Tier: Likely 8-B+ physically, Possibly Low 7-C+ | 7-C with the Falling Devil likely far higher

Last edited:
Well only the blitzing speed was accepted which is superhuman, that's pretty sad for a Quanxi calc

I'm still hoping she can get the high hypersonic for her Part 1 doll feat tho
If you check the comment from Rusty, it says that she accelerates at something like 102 m/s^2 so she's probably about that speed.

If you check the comment from Rusty, it says that she accelerates at something like 102 m/s^2 so she's probably about that speed.
High hypersonic is a good tier for mid-high tiers so I'm hoping she'll get it

For the other low - mid tiers hoping for maximum supersonic+

And God tiers are safely at Massively Hypersonic - Massively Hypersonic+

I don't think the low to mid tiers are breaking Subsonic+ tbh. Maybe the Reze movie will bring a speed feat.
Long is barley supersonic but still supersonic, I'd say Mid tiers are close to subsonic+ but rest on the supersonic layer

Also speaking about reze speed feats, she should have some good explosive speed feats in the manga I've never seen them calced before

Low tiers are subsonic+, according to the latest version of the Long calc.
Oh, subsonic+ isnt a bad tier for low tiers

I'm sure there are more feats that can yield higher results for Mid tiers tho
Quanxi Blitz a bunch of dolls (Mach 27) High Hypersonic and (Mach 31) High Hypersonic | (Awaiting Evaluation/Needs to be discussed and reviewed)
or

Laser Precisions Method (Mach 37) High Hypersonic) | (Awaiting Calc/more accurate)

Quanxi Arrows Feat 1 (Awaiting Calc)
Quanxi Arrows Feat 2 (Awaiting Calc)
Quanxi Arrows Feat 3 (Awaiting Calc)

Denji and Power Dodge a bullet (Awaiting Calc)

Yoru Blitzes Yoshida (Awaiting Calc)
^

it looks like they got knocked away to me
On second look, it seems like they dodged the bullet but the force of the bullet pushes Denji away

I would say it is able to be calced

Edit: hopefully calc group members will give us input if someone does the calc

I created a Quanxi profile, this is my first profile I'm making on this wiki so its very bad missing a lot of key factors but I'm giving you guys permission to edit it to your liking

Please tell me what to add or what to fix as the current Quanxi profile is not good

I created a Quanxi profile, this is my first profile I'm making on this wiki so its very bad missing a lot of key factors but I'm giving you guys permission to edit it to your liking

Please tell me what to add or what to fix as the current Quanxi profile is not good
It should have a pic in her hybrid form as well as tabbers for abilities I believe; Otherwise I think it looks very good!

Her age should be at least 50+, likely far older (she is known as "the first Devil Hunter").

Quanxi is only ever called the Bow Devil, so you can remove "and Arrow".

You can remove healing & stat amp, it's just the regen from her Hybrid Physiology. Also Hybrid Physiology should be in her base key.

Link the Bat Devil calc in her AP section where the Bat Devil is mentioned.

Remove her arrows from her striking strength.

Her Bows & Arrows are part of her body, so they shouldn't be optional equipment.

Remove the categories, Sandboxes shouldn't have them.

Lastly, for the P&A Section, use this for tabbers:
<tabber>
|-|Base=
<div class="scrollable" style="overflow:auto; max-height:600px; width:{{{width|100%}}}; -moz-border-radius-topleft:0.5em; border:1px solid #AAAAAA; padding-left:0.5em; background:transparent;">

*[Base Abilities]
</div>

|-|Bow Devil=
<div class="scrollable" style="overflow:auto; max-height:600px; width:{{{width|100%}}}; -moz-border-radius-topleft:0.5em; border:1px solid #AAAAAA; padding-left:0.5em; background:transparent;">

*[Bow Devil Abilities]
</div>
</tabber>

Her age should be at least 50+, likely far older (she is known as "the first Devil Hunter").
Added
Quanxi is only ever called the Bow Devil, so you can remove "and Arrow".
Fixed
You can remove healing & stat amp, it's just the regen from her Hybrid Physiology. Also Hybrid Physiology should be in her base key.
Fixed
Link the Bat Devil calc in her AP section where the Bat Devil is mentioned.
It should be there "she herself should be above that of Transformed Denji who can take portion of the Bat Devils sonic based attack"
Remove her arrows from her striking strength.
Fixed
Her Bows & Arrows are part of her body, so they shouldn't be optional equipment.
Fixed
Remove the categories, Sandboxes shouldn't have them.
Im not sure how to remove it
Lastly, for the P&A Section, use this for tabbers:
<tabber>
|-|Base=

*[Base Abilities]
</div>

|-|Bow Devil=

*[Bow Devil Abilities]
</div>
</tabber>
I added the tabber but I don't know how to add links or change the text in them

Back