• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Actually upon further inspection I believe the Gun Devil traveled a much smaller distance than we thought and here's why. In chapter 75 we are told a recollection of the events that transpired in Nikaho complete with a timer showing what happened in those 12 seconds. We only get to see 7 of those 12 seconds with the remaining 5 being an offscreen fight between the Gun and the Hell Devil. However, going by what the narrator text tells us this all took place within Nikaho and never outside of it meaning that he did not travel within 1.5 kilometers of Makima to shoot. I guess we could find out how fast it's bullets are by lowballing and saying the gun devil started 500km away from Makima and traveled the entire length of Nikaho and then stopped to shoot to find a value. I found that assuming Makima is near Tokyo (Because that's where the majority of the story takes place) and using that general direction and a measuring tool to find the farthest possible distance the Gun Devil could have crossed while still being in the mountainous area of Nikaho, that the maximum distance it could have traveled would be around 23 km. 500 - 23 = 477 km which the bullets traveled in the span of 1 second which would mean their speed is around Mach 1476.

Actually upon further inspection I believe the Gun Devil traveled a much smaller distance than we thought and here's why. In chapter 75 we are told a recollection of the events that transpired in Nikaho complete with a timer showing what happened in those 12 seconds. We only get to see 7 of those 12 seconds with the remaining 5 being an offscreen fight between the Gun and the Hell Devil. However, going by what the narrator text tells us this all took place within Nikaho and never outside of it meaning that he did not travel within 1.5 kilometers of Makima to shoot. I guess we could find out how fast it's bullets are by lowballing and saying the gun devil started 500km away from Makima and traveled the entire length of Nikaho and then stopped to shoot to find a value. I found that assuming Makima is near Tokyo (Because that's where the majority of the story takes place) and using that general direction and a measuring tool to find the farthest possible distance the Gun Devil could have crossed while still being in the mountainous area of Nikaho, that the maximum distance it could have traveled would be around 23 km. 500 - 23 = 477 km which the bullets traveled in the span of 1 second which would mean their speed is around Mach 1476.
You should place this in a Blog so a Calc group member can evaluate it

Cool, now we just need to port the 7-B calculation over to the wiki and then we can start the thread.
Well I'm not sure if that's allowed, but we can show case it from its respective website and have calc group members view it and seek their opinion

I placed the speed calc in the evaluation thread, I'm gonna see if I can get someone to view it

Updated Bucket list:
Evaluated Calcs:

1. Bomb Devil Arc Feats: Wall level+(0.004 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level (0.0120 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level (0.0122 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level+ (0.137 Tons of TNT) | Class M (38698065.625 Newtons or 3946.1044929 Tons of Force) (All Mid tiers scale to this)
2. Fox Devil: Small Building level (116115532.68 Joules) (Low - Mid tiers scale to this)
3. Cockroach Devil Feats: Small Building level+ (0.1909 Tons of TNT) (All Mid tiers Scale to this)
4. Gun Devil 100%: Small Town level+ (5.044 Kilotons of TNT) All (High - God tiers scale to this)
5. Santa Claus Feat: Building level (1.27101446136 Tonnes Of TNT) (All Mid tiers scale to this)
6. Typhoon Devil's Storm: Small City level (5.44 Megatons) (EV DC)
7. Typhoon Devil Feat: Building level (0.3107515552031549 Tons of TNT) (EV DC)
We actually have them Evaled to Low-7C+ and Pochita Upscales to Town level baseline

Were just waiting for the rest of the calcs to come in, so we can do a big CSM AP CRT for everything

I'm consistently trying everyday to keep the chat alive to make progress 😭

Last edited:
I completely disagree. In fact this type of calc was already rejected due to 1) The Gun Devil's stated range and 2) The fact that the Gun Devil travelled towards Makima for a total of 3 seconds.

The Gun Devil appeared off the coast of Nikaho, but it did not remain there. It flew towards Makima for one second before being spotted, and then continued for another 2 seconds.

I completely disagree. In fact this type of calc was already rejected due to 1) The Gun Devil's stated range and 2) The fact that the Gun Devil travelled towards Makima for a total of 3 seconds.

The Gun Devil appeared off the coast of Nikaho, but it did not remain there. It flew towards Makima for one second before being spotted, and then continued for another 2 seconds.
The calc was accepted, but if you believe it would be inaccurate, I can put up yours to be evald instead if you'd like

The calc was accepted, but if you believe it would be inaccurate, I can put up yours to be evald instead if you'd like
The maths being correct does not make the calc usable. The Gun Devil previously have hundreds of kilometres of range and MHS+ Attack Speed, which were later rejected due to the fact that the Gun Devil travels towards Makima for 3 seconds after appearing in Nikaho.

The maths being correct does not make the calc usable. The Gun Devil previously have hundreds of kilometres of range and MHS+ Attack Speed, which were later rejected due to the fact that the Gun Devil travels towards Makima for 3 seconds after appearing in Nikaho.
Ok gotchu

Can I place your calc on the eval thread instead?

"The Gun Devil hits the city of Nikaho in Akita Prefecture, Japan from off the coast for 12 seconds".

The following afterward is telling us what happened in that 12 second timeframe. It instantly begins moving toward Makima while killing bunch of people in the process. The Gun Devil never left Nikaho, it was summoned off the coast and died in Nikaho.

The calculation is taking into account how far the Gun Devil traveled until he stopped. The calc assumes the Gun Devil spawned 500 km away from Makima, which is a low ball since he was already moving before Makima saw him. Since it never leaves Nikaho and is in a forest area, they found the max distance it could've traveled and still be in Nikaho.

That distance is 23 km, which they removed from the 500 km value and got 477 km, it shots at her from there and in one second its bullet reach.

What is the issue with this calculation? It already takes into account the time it spent moving towards Makima. Am I missing something here?

The Gun Devil's maximum range in this moment is never stated either.

Last edited:
The Gun Devil never left Nikaho, it was summoned off the coast and died in Nikaho.
I disagree with this. First because the idea that the Gun Devil needs 3 entire seconds to cross a tiny 23km distance is silly, and I couldn't find any Japanese beaches facing away at an appropriate angle that were 477km away from Nikaho. It'd also be really weird if the difference of just 7km was the difference between Makima being able to see the Gun Devil or not.

"The Gun Devil hits the city of Nikaho in Akita Prefecture, Japan from off the coast for 12 seconds".
The wording is strange, raws may be needed. Other translations have said "Nikaho City, Akita Prefecture, The Gun Devil appeared from the bay over the span of 12 seconds." & "At the coast of Nikaho City in Akita Prefecture the Gun Devil appears for 12 seconds." I read this as the Gun Devil appearing off the coast Nikaho, not that it never left that city.

Essentially, I totally disagree with the idea that the Gun Devil spent all 12 seconds in Nikaho. I think it spent a little over a second there.

The wording is strange, raws may be needed. Other translations have said
Current translation says it spent 12 seconds in Nikaho and that's what we see.

However, if other translation is needed and the wording is different than yeah it can't be used.

But I completely disagree with every other point you said.

Back