• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Do not use <div> commands for this, just use normal bullet points since her ability page isn't long and there is no reason for it.

You don't need in base or as Bow Hybrid in her AP if you're separating them as keys that's just redundant.
It's basically saying the her AP in her Bow Hybrid key is High 8-C as the Bow Hybrid.

Don't keep putting links to a character's profile every time you write down their name, it clogs up the profiles and can lag the page if done too much.

Once you link their profile you don't really need to do it again.

You aren't following the standard format for Character Profiles? Reading that should help you, along with our editing rules.

Do not post a profile or do large edits until you're familiar with these two pages at the least.

Also, that's not how you link to pages or blogs in the wiki. External Links are written as differently from Internal Links.

This is Correct

[[User blog:TheRustyOne/Chainsaw Man: Bat Devil Power|can take portion of the Bat Devil's sonic based attack]]

This Incorrect

[https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheRustyOne/Chainsaw_Man:_Bat_Devil_Power can take portion of the Bat Devils sonic based attack]

And do not put Categories into your Sandbox, I removed them because they mess up the wiki's search function.

Should be is not a good justification at all, if they have no reason to scale you shouldn't be making assumptions. If they do scale come up with better reasoning than should be.

Last thing, references are mandatory for new profiles now. Not having them can get a profile deleted without warning.

Do not use <div> commands for this, just use normal bullet points since her ability page isn't long and there is no reason for it.

You don't need in base or as Bow Hybrid in her AP if you're separating them as keys that's just redundant.
It's basically saying the her AP in her Bow Hybrid key is High 8-C as the Bow Hybrid.

Don't keep putting links to a character's profile every time you write down their name, it clogs up the profiles and can lag the page if done too much.

You aren't following the standard format for Character Profiles? Reading that should help you, along with our editing rules.

Do not post a profile or do large edits until you're familiar with these two pages at the least.

Also, that's not how you link to pages or blogs in the wiki. External Links are written as differently from Internal Links.

This is Correct

[[User blog:TheRustyOne/Chainsaw Man: Bat Devil Power|can take portion of the Bat Devil's sonic based attack]]

This Incorrect

[https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheRustyOne/Chainsaw_Man:_Bat_Devil_Power can take portion of the Bat Devils sonic based attack]

And do not put Categories into your Sandbox, I removed them because they mess up the wiki's search function.

Should be is not a good justification at all, if they have no reason to scale you shouldn't be making assumptions. If they do scale come up with better reasoning than should be.

Last thing, references are mandatory for new profiles now. Not having them can get a profile deleted without warning.
Thanks, I'm not sure how my sandbox ended up with categories, it was probably a mistake on my end but with this I'll try and fix everything up

This is Correct

This Incorrect

I fixed everything accordingly, let me know if there is anything I need to add or fix (The Quanxi images are place holders until I can find suitable colored Manga images to replace them)

Hey guys, I was thinking about something. Do you believe the chains the Control Devil creates are tangible chains, or are they merely manifestations of her power? Like could they be used as weapons? I'm just curious, cuz the manga makes it a bit unclear.

Quanxi didn't take it too well
That was by the 6th building in the next panel (I'm not sure if its the same building as the one weve seen in the previous panel), and you can kinda see that there was more damage done from the 6th building on

But mainly they seem fine from getting kicked through the first 5 (Not from the full 404 tons attack but just the portion we see in that specific panel)
Or I might be misinterpreting it

That was by the 6th building in the next panel (I'm not sure if its the same building as the one weve seen in the previous panel), and you can kinda see that there was more damage done from the 6th building on

But mainly they seem fine from getting kicked through the first 5 (Not from the full 404 tons attack but just the portion we see in that specific panel)
Or I might be misinterpreting it
All 6 buildings being destroyed are the result of 1 attack aimed at her. She got hit through all 6 building and this is her after the attack ends, clearly not in any way relative considering we don't see her again throughout the entire rest of the fight. She got one-shot to put it bluntly.

Just read Goodbye Eri.
e81.jpeg

I know it sounds stupid, but didn't they try to get the kinetic energy for the Gun Devil?
If your talking about the Gun Devils K.E

We are waiting for a translation before we get a calc for his K.E to see if the gun devil being in nahiko for 12 seconds is accurate

The Gun Devil panel was translated
According to the translator the panel states
1997年
9月12日
午後3時
18分21秒

秋田県にかほ市
渋谷より12秒間
銃の悪魔出現

以下
銃の悪魔
挙動記録

September 12, 1997
3:18:21 PM

The Gun Devil appeared off the coast of Nikaho City, Akita Prefecture for more than 12 seconds.

The following is the Gun Devil's recorded behavior.

So we know where he spawned, but would we still consider him to be in Nikaho city for those 12 seconds?

1997年
9月12日
午後3時
18分21秒

秋田県にかほ市
渋谷より12秒間
銃の悪魔出現

以下
銃の悪魔
挙動記録

September 12, 1997

The Gun Devil appeared off the coast of Nikaho City, Akita Prefecture for more than 12 seconds.

So we know where he spawned, but would we still consider him to be in Nikaho city for those 12 seconds?
So we can use It?

1997年
9月12日
午後3時
18分21秒

秋田県にかほ市
渋谷より12秒間
銃の悪魔出現

以下
銃の悪魔
挙動記録

September 12, 1997

This version says it didn't leave the coast, which isn't true, so I don't see a reason to believe interpretations that it didn't leave Nihako either. I think the wording is just weird, I interpret it as trying to say it appeared of the coast and then did it's thing for 12 seconds, not that it remained in one location for 12 seconds.

That's my take, it's how I've always read the scene, but it is what it is.

This version says it didn't leave the coast, which isn't true, so I don't see a reason to believe interpretations that it didn't leave Nihako either. I think the wording is just weird, I interpret it as trying to say it appeared of the coast and then did it's thing for 12 seconds, not that it remained in one location for 12 seconds.

That's my take, it's how I've always read the scene, but it is what it is.
Since the translation condratics what actually happened I suggest that it's best not to assume it also means the Gun Devil was in Nihako for the entire 12 seconds, your ver of the calculation also would be more consistent because of this. So I'd agree and say we go with the mach 700 calc

As I said (Did I say?), if the translation isn't clear it's best to go with this calculation instead.

The Gun Devil being in that area for 12 seconds is highly specific, so it wouldn't be up for question after getting the translation.

The fact that it's still iffy means we shouldn't assume that. If you can find the Gun Devil's Weight you can indeed get KE from it as well.

Even something that weighs 100 kg would be over 700+ Tons of TNT, the Gun Devil is massive and we can already calculate the size from the current 8-A+ calc.

A very small and quick check is getting me Low 7-B results just from the... gun belt lower half thing.

It'll without a doubt be Tier 7, in fact I'm betting on it being somewhere in the 7-B range.

I have no idea how to calculate the rest of the body, well I don't really have the time to learn how to is more accurate.

Even something that weighs 100 kg would be over 700+ Tons of TNT, the Gun Devil is massive and we can already calculate the size from the current 8-A+ calc.

A very small and quick check is getting me Low 7-B results just from the... gun belt lower half thing.

It'll without a doubt be Tier 7, in fact I'm betting on it being somewhere in the 7-B range.

I have no idea how to calculate the rest of the body, well I don't really have the time to learn how to is more accurate.
This is consistent with the Typhoon Devil being able to create a storm, despite being far from the strength of Makima, Gun Devil, etc

if it helps it,i have this

The calcs also look pretty highballed, but I have been trying to get Mid tiers to 8-A so I'm hoping we can get someone to look at it as well as the LS feats which rack up some pretty good results

The calcs also look pretty highballed, but I have been trying to get Mid tiers to 8-A so I'm hoping we can get someone to look at it as well as the LS feats which rack up some pretty good results
it is not a highball if you remember that he is just taking the distance between countries of the world,and he sumps the seconds and gets the speed he travels around the ''world''

also,obviosly the only one's that are going to scale are the god tiers,the mid tiers are not gonna scale.
god tiers:
-primordial devils
-Chainsaw devil
-Gun devil

it is not a highball if you remember that he is just taking the distance between countries of the world,and he sumps the seconds and gets the speed he travels around the ''world''
That's actually true considering the fact that the American president summons him at the white house, and it can be an applicable assumption because the translation only states that the Gun Devil is spotted in Nihako and I can't really think of any anti feats for it

I think we may get a different result calcing it using their method because we have a higher speed value
also,obviosly the only one's that are going to scale are the god tiers,the mid tiers are not gonna scale.
god tiers:
-primordial devils
-Chainsaw devil
-Gun devil
High tiers scale to it as well such as the 4 horsemen and the Angel devils weapons

Mids tiers are a different discussion because I believe they are locked in tier 8 for now

High tiers scale to it as well such as the 4 horsemen and the Angel devils weapons

Mids tiers are a different discussion because I believe they are locked in tier 8 for now
the 4 horsemen are primordial devils like i say,also i will consider Angel devils weapons more of a hax

Back